Author Topic: primitives discuss preceived reaction to Dear Leader's seal falling  (Read 1781 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Kadie

Presidential seal falls off podium as Obama speaks

President Barack Obama looks out into the audience as he speaks at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Summit in

WASHINGTON – The presidential seal has fallen off President Barack Obama's podium and clattered to the stage as Obama delivered a speech to a women's conference.

The president was joking with the audience and getting some laughs when he realized what happened. "All of you know who I am," he quipped.

Obama told the audience that somebody in the back was really nervous, referring to the staffer who hung the seal on the front of the lectern so precariously.

more...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101006/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_o...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9262341

Quote from:
Taverner

1. I am guessing the teabaggers are going nuts over this

"IT'S A SIGN FROM GAWD!!!!!"

glory be!

Humma-jumma- miko-Akando-bay-asoya!

Quote from:
TheCowsCameHome

2. The right-wing loonies will have fun with that.

Obama handled it with class, though.

Quote from:
Rex

10. If that would have happened to George W Bush, the Rwing loonies would have 500 threads on it in under an hour. Saying which liberal did it and which ones needed to be waterboarded over at The Site That Will Not Be Named Here.

Quote from:
HopeHoops

13. God obviously hates him for being a black, Muslim, Kenyan, communist, athiest, baby-killer Democrat.

Just wait, FOX will have an entire show dedicated to that issue.

I bring this over to make a point that whenever one of theirs looks foolish in public not only do they defend it, but they claim to be able to predict the reaction of us to the event, and it never turns out to be the case.  On the other hand, without fail we are able to know exactly what their reaction will be when the opposite happens.  The predictability of how they react has consistently been one of their greatest weaknesses, and their inabilty to predict how others will react further confirms just how far out of the mainstream of intelligent society they have positioned themselves.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:13:22 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: primitives discuss preceived reaction to Dear Leader's seal falling
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 08:13:03 AM »
Rex

10. If that would have happened to George W Bush, the Rwing loonies would have 500 threads on it in under an hour. Saying which liberal did it and which ones needed to be waterboarded over at The Site That Will Not Be Named Here.

Unlike you clowns, we don't see every little thing that happens as some kind of conspiracy.  99% of us anyway.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »
They self identify themselves as lunatics by wrongly assuming sane people would react exactly as they do.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »
Obama told the audience that somebody in the back was really nervous, referring to the staffer who hung the seal on the front of the lectern so precariously.

You know, that really doesn't strike me as funny.  I have to wonder whether Obama will do anything to this staffer for making him look silly.  The seal falling off is hardly a big deal, but Obama is so focused on image that I have to wonder if he thinks it is a big deal.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
More typical leftist projection.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:07:52 AM »
You just know the set builder is getting a royal ass chewing for making The Messiah seem mortal.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
You know, that really doesn't strike me as funny.  I have to wonder whether Obama will do anything to this staffer for making him look silly.  The seal falling off is hardly a big deal, but Obama is so focused on image that I have to wonder if he thinks it is a big deal.

AH, to the ages when Omens came true.  Pay attention children when the Raven comes to peck at your window, there will be a death in the family.

Why do we wear good luck charms, cross our fingers for luck.?

Back a few years ago we in New Hampshire had a natural rock face we called the Old Man in the Mountain. The Native Tribe of Indians believed that as long as the Old Man watched over them they would exist.

One night the old Man crumbled and fell off the mountain, we do not know why as we had scientists and workers that repaired the Old Man
every year.  He was just one of the things in inland White Mountains that drew in the tourest trade each year----Actually it is still difficult for me to believe the Old Man is in fact gone.

Omen for us or just a natural occurrence.?

The Bible is filled with storys of Omens and the belief in them.

If I were Obama I would have taken this Oman very seriously, has this ever happend before, do not the SS check everything to make sure it is secured before the President arrives.?

And then what of Lincolns wife that begged her husband to not go to the Theater that night because of a reoccurring dream.?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
AH, to the ages when Omens came true.  Pay attention children when the Raven comes to peck at your window, there will be a death in the family.

Back a few years ago we in New Hampshire had a natural rock face we called the Old Man in the Mountain. The Native Tribe of Indians believed that as long as the Old Man watched over them they would exist.

One night the old Man crumbled and fell off the mountain, we do not know why as we had scientists and workers that repaired the Old Man
every year.  He was just one of the things in inland White Mountains that drew in the tourest trade each year----Actually it is still difficult for me to believe the Old Man is in fact gone.

If I were Obama I would have taken this Oman very seriously, has this ever happend before, do not the SS check everything to make sure it is secured before the President arrives.?

And then what of Lincolns wife that begged her husband to not go to the Theater that night because of a reoccurring dream.?

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!

AR, don't be going all "Charlie Brown" on us here! :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »
AR, don't be going all "Charlie Brown" on us here! :tongue:

Never missed drop kickin' a "football" in my life!

Offline true_blood

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
WASHINGTON – The presidential seal has fallen off President Barack Obama's podium and clattered to the stage as Obama delivered a speech to a women's conference.   (Goes to show that sign is reserved for a REAL leader of the U.S.A.!)

The president was joking with the audience and getting some laughs when he realized what happened. "All of you know who I am," he quipped.   (Yes!! Yes, we do! The most anti-American President in the history of this great Country!)

Obama told the audience that somebody in the back was really nervous, referring to the staffer who hung the seal on the front of the lectern so precariously.  (Naw! More like someone who sees through your bull crap and made a mockery out of you, like you do to this great Country!) :bird:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »
He must have put it up himself.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »
Yeah, I agree with Celtic,  I didn't think it was funny or "classy."  It's like at a regular workplace, when an exec jumps down the throat of a far far far below him lackey.  Most unseemly, and can earn you a lot of enemies. 

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »
I bring this over to make a point that whenever one of theirs looks foolish in public not only do they defend it, but they claim to be able to predict the reaction of us to the event, and it never turns out to be the case.  On the other hand, without fail we are able to know exactly what their reaction will be when the opposite happens.  The predictability of how they react has consistently been one of their greatest weaknesses, and their inabilty to predict how others will react further confirms just how far out of the mainstream of intelligent society they have positioned themselves.

Brilliant observation, my friend. Just brilliant.  :cheersmate:

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »
AH, to the ages when Omens came true.  Pay attention children when the Raven comes to peck at your window, there will be a death in the family.

every year.  He was just one of the things in inland White Mountains that drew in the tourest trade each year----Actually it is still difficult for me to believe the Old Man is in fact gone.

What the hell??????????????????????

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »
Taverner

1. I am guessing the teabaggers are going nuts over this

"IT'S A SIGN FROM GAWD!!!!!"

glory be!

Humma-jumma- miko-Akando-bay-asoya!

We can only hope it is a sign of things to come.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
What the hell??????????????????????

I think perhaps our Vesta smelled too many dirty diapers in the 60's!

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »
it didn't fall.  it jumped.  it couldn't take it anymore.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:33 AM »
Unlike you clowns, we don't see every little thing that happens as some kind of conspiracy.  99% of us anyway.

Evidently our little vesta is that 1%

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »
TheCowsCameHome

2. The right-wing loonies will have fun with that.

Obama handled it with class, though.

Lord Zero has no class.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 08:30:09 AM »

:lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »

I thought Obama handled it really well with a joke or two....until he made the comment that you are referring to above.

It was an unnecessary comment, as it's obvious to anyone that has ever had to do something to set up for an important event...that any screw up(act not person) that creates an embarassing situation for the main guest  - regardless of who it is - is not a good thing. Whether it happens to the bride/groom, entertainer, CEO or the Pres, whoever is in charge will chew a new one into the one who did the screw up. Even if whatever happened was an accident or unavoidable.

All Obama did was reinforce to whomever was in charge over the minion who screwed up attaching the seal to the podium....to make sure that the minion will never work again in that job capacity. 
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
I bring this over to make a point that whenever one of theirs looks foolish in public not only do they defend it, but they claim to be able to predict the reaction of us to the event, and it never turns out to be the case.  On the other hand, without fail we are able to know exactly what their reaction will be when the opposite happens.  The predictability of how they react has consistently been one of their greatest weaknesses, and their inabilty to predict how others will react further confirms just how far out of the mainstream of intelligent society they have positioned themselves.

Damn right, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline terry

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
I may be watching a little too much of the TV show "Lie to Me", but his body language in that video when he realized what happened, does not say "mild amusement" to me as he tries to indicate with his little joke.   His body language to me, seems to say "anger".   I just don't think there is any genuine humor or good nature in that man.  Maybe I'm just overwhelming biased.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 12:42:04 PM »
H5 brother!!! :hi5: :hi5: