Author Topic: What's going on with George Santos?  (Read 616 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
What's going on with George Santos?
« on: November 02, 2023, 11:01:07 AM »
Seeing much leftist butthurt over Santos not getting expelled yesterday.  Frankly, a quick look at the charges look like DC business as usual, he just got caught.  One argument I saw was that literally only a handful of people have been expelled from Congress, most for joining the Confederacy, a couple after convictions on federal crimes.  The optics and spin are atrocious, of course, as intended I'm sure, but are the accusations enough to warrant immediate removal before conviction?  Is there a Dem game plan that needs him removed before conviction or election time?  If he's up for re-election, seems that Dem logic is charges=election loss (see Trump) so they would want him left in for an "easy" win. 

Politics get more Lovecraftian by the day.  Impossible for the sane to understand, and attempts to figure it out just drive one to madness. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: What's going on with George Santos?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 06:09:02 PM »
Evidently, the House is waiting on the completion of the Ethics Committee's investigation.

ETA: I well remember Jim Traficant's (D-OH) expulsion from the House in 2002. Bribery, racketeering, all sorts of stuff.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 09:10:11 PM »
Politics get more Lovecraftian by the day.  Impossible for the sane to understand, and attempts to figure it out just drive one to madness.

Getting rid of an NY-Republican is just as hard as getting rid of an NY-Democrat.

Disengage Against The Machine

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 09:41:55 PM »
Getting rid of an NY-Republican is just as hard as getting rid of an NY-Democrat.

Disengage Against The Machine

Both places I am firmly convinced could be improved with a "remote pilot the second dropship down from the Sulaco, dust off and nuke the entire [state] from orbit" approach.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 05:42:13 AM »
Both places I am firmly convinced could be improved with a "remote pilot the second dropship down from the Sulaco, dust off and nuke the entire [state] from orbit" approach.

I wouldn't shed a tear if the UN building on Manhattan were to be targeted. To me, that den of thieves, cutthroats, and globalists (but I repeat myself) would not be missed if it were vaporized with non-nuke munitions. At least some of those assholes would start paying attention.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.