Author Topic: Sitting on the highway waiting to catch speeders  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
Sitting on the highway waiting to catch speeders
« on: August 24, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »
Sitting on the highway waiting to catch speeders, a state police officer saw a car puttering along at 22 MPH. He thinks to himself, that car is just as dangerous as a speeder. So, he turns his lights on and pulls the car over. Approaching the car, he notices there are 5 old ladies, two at the front and 3 at the back, wide eyed and looking like ghosts.

The driver obviously confused said, "Officer, I don't understand, I wasn't doing over the speed limit!, What seems to be the problem?" "Ma'am," the officer said, "you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be dangerous". "Slower than the speed limit? NO SIR! I was doing exactly 22 miles an hour", the old woman said proudly.

The officer containing a chuckle explains that 22 was the route number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned, thanking the officer for pointing out her error. "Before I go Ma'am, I have to ask, is everyone OK?

These women seem badly shaken and haven't uttered a word all this time" "Oh! they will be alright in a minute, Officer, we just got off Route 142."
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Karin

Re: Sitting on the highway waiting to catch speeders
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline Big Don

• Well, there's nothing I won't do; but some things are gonna cost you extra.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »
When I was 14 I got to drive on the freeway for the first time. A CHP officer told me to.
Grandma Margie was taking me back to Grandpa Ed's and was doing 33mph on the 101 through Ventura.
He pulled us over, explained why and asked if I thought I could drive safely the last 2 miles to Grandpa's house. I told him I could and he told me not to speed as he would be right behind me the whole way.
As soon as he turned to walk back to his car, after making sure my seat belt was on and I knew how to put it in gear and use the signals, I ROMPED on it. That little station wagon had never taken off that fast.
I did about 80 the mile to the exit. Stopped at the signal at the bottom and flew off in another squeal of rubber (and grandma Margie) I took the corner onto my grandpa's street a little fast and fishtailed. I pulled up in front of the house and stopped.
My Grandparents were piddling around with the roses and looked shocked to see me driving, and flabbergasted to the the highway patrol car behind me.
I got out of the car, walked around and opened the door for Grandma Margie, the cop was fuming mad...
I thought  "Oh shit, here it comes..."
He looks at me, he looks at my grandparents
He says "Kid, if I EVER catch you driving, you WILL go to jail" then gets in his car and leaves
My grandparents were not amused, my brother and my male cousins thought it was great.
Change You can deceive in!

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 04:44:12 AM »
Great story.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.