Author Topic: The Lunatics Invade the Asylum Kitchen for the Evening  (Read 778 times)

Offline Karin

The Lunatics Invade the Asylum Kitchen for the Evening
« on: September 23, 2018, 08:25:22 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/115774532

Cher starts off with all her vegetables of course.

Sat Sep 22, 2018, 04:00 PM
Star Member NJCher (21,777 posts)

What's for Dinner, Sat. Sept. 22, 2018

I'm making a zucchini crust pizza for my brother tonight, using, of course, my favorite Mollie Katzen recipe. I've already spiralized the zucchini and just need to grate my mozzarella and parmesan, mix it up, and bake it. For toppings, I'll have fresh garden tomatoes, chopped herbs, garlic, red onion, sauteed spinach, and peppers.

That's par for the course.  Now, I don't know what the hell is going on here:

Star Member Yonnie3 (4,210 posts)

3. Pork Chops

We will be eating late

There are some Pork Chops marinating in a sweet and tangy marinade - I think TJ wants to bake them
Corn on the cob

We haven't discussed any other sides, but I would like to stew some apples with cinnamon.

Naps have delayed the cooking. FLFC and TJ are snoozing, I may also take a siesta.

FLFC will demand pork and most likely get it. His left leg and hip are completely healed and now seem in better shape than the right ones. He is spoiled rotten since his recovery and often doesn't even get up off his pillow to make his demands. He would love to be hand fed every morsel. He will moan, howl, and cry to get his way. I try to have a heart of steel and let him go on for a while before I hand him something from the salad I'm eating, like a carrot or radish slice. He promptly spits it out and I tell him "but you wanted it" when he glares at me. I stare back at him and wait. He finally looks away muttering. He never wins the staring contest.

Is this a dog or a husband or a captive, or what?

:mental:

Response to Cairycat (Reply #6)Sat Sep 22, 2018, 11:46 PM

10. I highly recommend

Whole Foods tater tots. They taste way better than any kind found at the regular supermarkets.

I may try your tip of subst. them for nacho chips.

Tater tots were a source of hilarity at our house, but only for a while.

It started out when my brother and I were planning the food for after my mother's funeral. The Ladies Aid, who caters such affairs, told us our choices and one of them was "Tater Tot Casserole." It was all i could do to refrain from laughing. Small town and all that.

I told the RG when I returned to NJ, and he thought it was funny, too.

About six months later the RG was in some small town in Colorado. He had gotten in late and all the restaurants but one were closed. He had to "hike" to that restaurant in the cold, snowy night, as there were no cabs in this place at that time of night either. When he arrived, he was told the special of the evening was "tater tot pizza." So he ordered it. And immediately called me to tell me how delicious it was!

Since then I have been "allowed" to keep them in the freezer. All the previous packages I'd purchased had been thrown out (tyrant!!).

Response to NJCher (Original post)Sat Sep 22, 2018, 09:14 PM
pansypoo53219 (15,728 posts)

9. leftovers. made my 'swedish' sauce. w/ meatballs instead of chicken.

sm can or 1/2 of tomato paste, about 1 cup or 1/2ed cherry tomatoes, 1 bell pepper, 1 onion, celery opt. i like a bit of cayenne pepper + thyme. oh, water + some sugar.

That is not Swedish Meatball sauce!  Are you insane?

Response to NJCher (Original post)Sun Sep 23, 2018, 03:37 PM
bucolic_frolic (11,331 posts)

~~~~~ If your dinner falls on the floor, don't be afraid to eat it. Just warm it up really good, remove any visible foreign matter, and proceed as usual. This is not good advice for sauces, pizza, or anything that actually sticks to the floor. ~~~~~

:lmao:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: The Lunatics Invade the Asylum Kitchen for the Evening
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 04:20:59 AM »
Sat Sep 22, 2018, 04:00 PM

What's for Dinner, Sat. Sept. 22, 2018

I'm making a zucchini crust pizza for my brother tonight, using, of course, my favorite Mollie Katzen recipe. I've already spiralized the zucchini and just need to grate my mozzarella and parmesan, mix it up, and bake it. For toppings, I'll have fresh garden tomatoes, chopped herbs, garlic, red onion, sauteed spinach, and peppers.

I don`t know what the **** that is but it ain`t pizza.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: The Lunatics Invade the Asylum Kitchen for the Evening
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 05:38:37 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/115774532

Is this a dog or a husband or a captive, or what?

Yes. Next question ?