Author Topic: Question  (Read 2153 times)

Offline MissTeri

• Probationary (Probie)
Question
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:13 AM »
I visited the Help section but didn't find the answer I'm looking for.  Can you tell me what are "Child Boards"?  I clicked on one and it didn't seem much different from the other boards.  Is there a place to go here where there's like a "manual" of some kind?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:30:29 AM »
No....no manual. But there's almost always someone around that will answer your question. If it's a tech question regarding a problem with using from your computer or with your profile, Chris is the best at answering those questions or fixing a problem you may be having.

Child boards are a board within another...at least that's the way I understand it.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
Yep.  Like an outline.

I. All things Edible
   a. Recipes
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 05:12:05 AM »
Child boards are subsections. They're often used for archives or "Best of" threads.

Also used for specific content , as in the "All things Edible" -> Recipes" section - intended to be used for detailing exact recipes as opposed to more general content.

Another example "The Dumpster" has "The DUmping ground" - which is where the most memorable of the threads from "The Dumpster" end up.