Author Topic: Bush decapitated in 'Game of Thrones'  (Read 1419 times)

Offline thundley4

Bush decapitated in 'Game of Thrones'
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »
In the "Game of Thrones," you win or you die, and George W. Bush did the latter in the HBO series — by decapitation.

That is, a prop head of the former president appears in the TV show, according to series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss in the DVD commentary for season one, the website io9 reports. In a scene in the finale — where the character of Sansa Stark is forced to look at the severed head of her father, Ned Stark — Bush’s head is seen decorating a spike.

The creators insist “it's not a political statement.”

"The last head on the left is George Bush. George Bush's head appears in a couple of beheading scenes. It's not a choice, it's not a political statement, it’s just we had to use what heads we had around,” Benioff and Weiss say in the DVD commentary.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/06/bush-decapitated-in-game-of-thrones-126085.html
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002805478

We all know what most comments will be like, don't we? 

Just for comparison, I'll post this picture.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Bush decapitated in 'Game of Thrones'
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
It's amazing the double standards libs have.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:10:17 PM »
Mole attempt fail.

Response to kpete (Original post)Wed Jun 13, 2012, 07:26 PM
mister roboto (11 posts)
16. This is sick, sick stuff.

Why anyone would lower their vibrations to play this satanic "game" is beyond me. Makes me wonder about where people are at.

Violence is nothing to indulge in, even at a fantasy level. I believe that these "games" are being created to program people to commit acts of violence. Especially in the young and at-risk, I should add.

I respectfully request that you remove this thread immediately.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:03:21 PM »
^ Lol.

Oh yeah, I'll believe what the creators say. I'll believe that it was just a head they happened on when they created the character instead of one they specifically sought out....

When pigs fly, and the word "gullible" no longer is in Websters.

They just can't get over "ChimpyMcHitler," can they?

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002805478

We all know what most comments will be like, don't we? 

Just for comparison, I'll post this picture.

Those racist teabaggers!  :rant:

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »
More proof that the religion of peacers who wear dirty nightshirts, and dirty flip flops are just a friendly, happy go lucky people.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:16:15 AM »
^ Lol.

Oh yeah, I'll believe what the creators say. I'll believe that it was just a head they happened on when they created the character instead of one they specifically sought out....

When pigs fly, and the word "gullible" no longer is in Websters.

They just can't get over "ChimpyMcHitler," can they?

If you were a fan of Firefly and watched Battlestar Galactica (the one with the crazy chick as Starbuck) there is a scene where the President (then Secretary of Education) is meeting with the old President in a flashback.  There are numerous ships flying in the background.  One in particular is clearly the ship from Firefly.  When they were asked, the company handling the digital special effects commented that it was in fact the Firefly, they used it to save a little time. The same company had handled digital special effects for both shows.

Joss Whedon liked to joke about Buffy the Vampire Slayer that all of the monsters looked to be related.  They were reusing a significant portion of the latex body parts from episode to episode.

I'm not saying that these guys did or didn't use a George Bush mask with a reason in mind, but they're explanation is plausible.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 06:31:11 AM »
If you were a fan of Firefly and watched Battlestar Galactica (the one with the crazy chick as Starbuck) there is a scene where the President (then Secretary of Education) is meeting with the old President in a flashback.  There are numerous ships flying in the background.  One in particular is clearly the ship from Firefly.  When they were asked, the company handling the digital special effects commented that it was in fact the Firefly, they used it to save a little time. The same company had handled digital special effects for both shows.

They also put spacecraft from other shows in the fleet in the early episodes.
Joss Whedon liked to joke about Buffy the Vampire Slayer that all of the monsters looked to be related.  They were reusing a significant portion of the latex body parts from episode to episode.

I'm not saying that these guys did or didn't use a George Bush mask with a reason in mind, but they're explanation is plausible.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 06:54:29 AM »
Response to kpete (Original post)
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 07:58 PM
 malaise (93,023 posts)
24. I'm betting there will be an outcry about this

despite the silence re the hanging of the Obama effigy in Florida by that lunatic RW preacher.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to malaise (Reply #24)
Wed Jun 13, 2012, 08:09 PM
 Siwsan (644 posts)
26. I am thinking the exact same thing

Hang the sitting POTUS in effigy and the right wingers are stone cold silent. Put a prop head of a former *president on a prop pike, and they go bat guano crazy. 

Actually, I might be the minority here but I don't get upset about idiots hanging effigies.  What I do get upset about is the double standards in when it's wrong based on who it is. 

It's okay to hang Sarah Palin for the left
It's not okay to hang Obama for the left
It's okay to put Bush head on spike for the left
It's not okay to put Obama head on spike for the left.

See how they work? ::)

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 06:57:01 AM »

It's the only work that any of them do. O-) :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
Actually, I might be the minority here but I don't get upset about idiots hanging effigies.  What I do get upset about is the double standards in when it's wrong based on who it is. 

It's okay to hang Sarah Palin for the left
It's not okay to hang Obama for the left
It's okay to put Bush head on spike for the left
It's not okay to put Obama head on spike for the left.

They can say and do what they want to conservatives, but don't you dare do the same to them! They will go tell their mommy on you. At which point their mommy will come and punch your mommy in the nose.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »
They can say and do what they want to conservatives, but don't you dare do the same to them! They will go tell their mommy on you. At which point their mommy will come and punch your mommy in the nose.

Yeah, and my mommy will go all Annie Oakley on their asses. :tongue:

(Actually, my mother's a damned good shot.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »
Yeah, and my mommy will go all Annie Oakley on their asses. :tongue:

(Actually, my mother's a damned good shot.)

I love a women who can shoot a gun.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »

My wife was taught by her father, and I am going to teach our daughter.

'Course, this is what I'd love to do to any of my daughter's dates--bring 'em to a range, and do this . . .

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXrmLPo3Jkw[/youtube]

(Without the subtitles, of course.)  Have the prospective 'boyfriend' take the target . . . and :-) while giving it to him.

Also, Gina--was that you learning how to shoot? :tongue:

Chase her.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »

Also, Gina--was that you learning how to shoot? :tongue:

Nope   :evilbird:

Offline dixierose

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
My daddy taught me how to shoot a shotgun almost as soon as I could walk. It helped me gain respect for what a gun can do. I remember he kept his shotguns and rifles on a wall mount in the extra bedroom. I knew better than to touch them because (besides getting an ass wippin') I knew what they were capable of; and I knew they were not toys.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
My daddy taught me how to shoot a shotgun almost as soon as I could walk. It helped me gain respect for what a gun can do. I remember he kept his shotguns and rifles on a wall mount in the extra bedroom. I knew better than to touch them because (besides getting an ass wippin') I knew what they were capable of; and I knew they were not toys.
Yep.  I think I was 7 or so the first time Dad had me shoot a shotgun.  Before that, it had only been .22's.

My kids have all shot black powder guns, and now bringing up most of my grands doing so.  My 10 and 8 year old grandsons have been shooting for 2 or 3 years, and also throw tomahawks and throwing knives.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 08:34:33 PM »
Sorry everyone. I tried posting from my phone in reply to an earlier post.  I met to say that during the earlier episodes of Battlestar Galactica they used other ships from old TV shows in the scenes of the fleet fleeing the cylons. One of them was the original USS Enterprise from Star Trek.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 11:12:05 PM »
Hanging President Obama from a noose is now OK?
Got a problem with that, DUmmies?
Stupid anyway you look at it.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 02:51:53 AM »
Hanging President Obama from a noose is now OK?
Got a problem with that, DUmmies?
Stupid anyway you look at it.
If it's the religion of peacers participating in so called free speech, then for libs, it's hands off, no criticism applies.