Author Topic: Freeper bumper sticker: "Right Wing Extremists Created this Nation"  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
rfranklin (11,954 posts)

Freeper bumper sticker: "Right Wing Extremists Created this Nation"

The bumpersticker was illustrated with the faces of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin.

That they were the "extremists" of their day might be valid if you take the point of view of the English aristocracy. But where do they get this "right wing" idea from?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002752010

They weren't progressives. They were for small government, rights of the individual, gun ownership, and they even talked about God from time to time.

WCGreen (41,815 posts)
1. The enlightenment was the most liberal of epoch as the Western world has produced...

Especially Jefferson and Franklin.

They were liberals in the sense that they were for liberty, nothing that they believed is reflected in what we call liberalism today. In fact liberalism is all about undoing everything they set up.

deutsey (15,208 posts)
7. No, "Ignorant right wing extremists have made this nation what it is today" n/t

So now we get the blame for 0bama. DUmmies can't take responsibility for anything.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Freeper bumper sticker: "Right Wing Extremists Created this Nation"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »
I actually have the magnetic version of that bumper sticker, I keep it on the fridge:

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
I've got a t-shirt that says that, I got it at my first TEA party rally. 

Ballygrl has a Teabagger refrigerator!!!  :lmao:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »
yellowcanine (21,329 posts)
8. Actually the right wingers were the Tories and the Loyalists.

The Tories were right wing and in England eventually became the Conservative Party. The Whigs were liberal and in England eventually became the Liberal Party. In the U.S. the Tories ceased to exist with the Revolution, though arguably the Federalists were the closest to a Tory party in the U.S. The Whig legacy in the U.S. was the Republican Party, which by 21st Century standards, was initially a liberal party while Democrats were a conservative party. Case in point: Lincoln and the Republicans instituted the transcontinental railroad, the Homestead Act and the Land Grant University (Morrill)act in 1862 in the absence of the conservative southern Democrats. These were all very liberal big government big spending pieces of legislation. Certainly it is hard to envision the Republicans today approving any of these pieces of legislation.

Once again, the DUmbshit liberals try to rewrite history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

Does that sound like any of you DUmbasses? You're f'n Marxists. ...oh, sorry, "Progressives", as if there's a f'n difference.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
But I will concede that, at one point in time, the Republican party was for big government.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
I've got a t-shirt that says that, I got it at my first TEA party rally. 

Ballygrl has a Teabagger refrigerator!!! :lmao:

:lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline CSeeman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
Hold on

Right-wingers are for individual rights, strong relation with god and these are traits that are reflected all over the founding documents.

Liberals today are for big government high taxation, the nanny state all of which would have led them to back the king.

Think about this, the creation of this country would have been in direct conflict to a liberal's belief in big government and the nanny state. How can you believe in big government and the government taking care of people and not completely support England, where th king was trying to act as the nanny of the colony.

Where the hell do liberals of today get the idea that they would have been the founding fathers of 1775 is completely beyond me.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »
Hold on

Right-wingers are for individual rights, strong relation with god and these are traits that are reflected all over the founding documents.

Liberals today are for big government high taxation, the nanny state all of which would have led them to back the king.

Think about this, the creation of this country would have been in direct conflict to a liberal's belief in big government and the nanny state. How can you believe in big government and the government taking care of people and not completely support England, where th king was trying to act as the nanny of the colony.

Where the hell do liberals of today get the idea that they would have been the founding fathers of 1775 is completely beyond me.

They would have simply stayed in London and demanded welfare.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
George Washington's farewell address: "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness - these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and cherish them.

A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked, where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are instruments of investigation in courts of justice?

And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."

John Adams in a speech to the military in 1798 warned his fellow countrymen stating, "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Benjamin Franklin: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

"Whereas true religion and good morals are the only solid foundations of public liberty and happiness . . . it is hereby earnestly recommended to the several States to take the most effectual measures for the encouragement thereof."

Thomas Jefferson: "A nation as a society forms a moral person, and every member of it is personally responsible for his society."

"No government can continue good but under the control of the people; and . . . . their minds are to be informed by education what is right and what wrong; to be encouraged in habits of virtue and to be deterred from those of vice . . . . These are the inculcations necessary to render the people a sure basis for the structure and order of government."

"It is in the manners and spirit of a people which preserve a republic in vigour. . . . degeneracy in these is a canker which soon eats into the heart of its laws and constitution."

And just because I know how much the 2nd Amendment pisses you guys off:

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
--Thomas Jefferson

SUCK IT DUMMIES!
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
Liberals act like the founding fathers' motives were this great unknown mystery they can use to push their big government agenda on everyone.  It's not like those men didn't write hundreds of letters and give as many speeches making their intentions clear.

Why are liberals so stupid?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »
"Right Wing Extremists Created this Nation"

That's right. And then, we built this city on rock and roll.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »
That's right. And then, we built this city on rock and roll.

While being knee deep in the hoopla . . .

Also, Chris, in answer to your question, it's because they are.  Don't bother to dig into the whys.  All you'll do is this: :banghead: :argh:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
Liberals themselves are the ones who label strict constructionists as right wingers, therefor they do believe that the US Constitution is right wing. The Constitution is clearly at odds with leftwing power goals.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 06:19:40 PM »
They weren't progressives. They were for small government, rights of the individual, gun ownership, and they even talked about God from time to time.

They were liberals in the sense that they were for liberty, nothing that they believed is reflected in what we call liberalism today. In fact liberalism is all about undoing everything they set up.

What were 'Liberals' then would be called 'Libertarian Right' today.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 10:29:07 PM »
What were 'Liberals' then would be called 'Libertarian Right' today.

Pretty much.