Author Topic: Folks the economy is indeed getting better  (Read 7268 times)

Offline sybilll

Re: Folks the economy is indeed getting better
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
Nadin's, excessive use, of commas, makes me, cringe.  God love, her. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »
Steaks are 9 f'n dollars a pound.
Venison remains around fifty dollars per pound. I have to amortize a new ATV.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 06:29:03 AM »
the economy is indeed getting better

Back near the end of last year I touched on the similarities between nadin and Baghdad Bob. Now I'm wondering, has anyone ever seen nadin and Baghdad Bob in the same place?
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 06:32:32 AM »
Back near the end of last year I touched on the similarities between nadin and Baghdad Bob. Now I'm wondering, has anyone ever seen nadin and Baghdad Bob in the same place?

I had to nadin it, because I thought he was dead, or something.

Apparently not; apparently he's alive and well and on Skins's island, posting as the Great White Whale.

On June 25, 2003, the London newspaper The Daily Mirror reported that al-Sahhaf had been captured by coalition troops at a roadblock in Baghdad. The report was not confirmed by military authorities and was denied by al-Sahhaf's family through Abu Dhabi TV.

The next day al-Sahhaf himself recorded an interview for the Dubai-based al-Arabiya news channel. Al-Sahhaf said that he had surrendered to US forces, had been interrogated by them and released. He was reportedly paid as much as $200,000 for the television interview, during which he appeared very withdrawn in contrast with the bombastic persona he projected during the war.

Many of his answers consisted of a simple "yes" or "no". He refused to speculate on the causes of the downfall of the Iraqi government and answered only "history will tell" when asked if video clips purporting to prove that Saddam Hussein was alive were genuine, amid speculation at that time that Hussein had been killed during the war.

His fame quickly evaporated as the war continued into the insurgency phase; from the middle of 2003 onward, he faded from the public spotlight, and was no longer a figure in the war.

Although questioned by American authorities, al-Sahhaf was released, and there has been no suggestion of charging or detaining him for his role in the Saddam Hussein government. He is now living in the United Arab Emirates with his family.

When asked where he had got his information he replied, "authentic sources—many authentic sources". He pointed out that he "was a professional, doing his job".
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
I had to nadin it, because I thought he was dead, or something.

Apparently not; apparently he's alive and well and on Skins's island, posting as the Great White Whale.

The last couple of sentences do seem very nadinistic: When asked where he had got his information he replied, "authentic sources—many authentic sources". He pointed out that he "was a professional, doing his job".
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
Nutcase nadin's breakfast is bigger than Baghdad Bob.

Offline jukin

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »
The economy is improving. Gas is going down. Unemployment is under control and inflation is tame.

0bama will be reelected!

I am neither lily white nor morbidly obese.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »
Hey, I was a fat lazy NOLA looter, I just kept procrastinating, is there still time ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
Well, I went to nadins' little geek convention this morning to witness the economic miracle first hand.  I was there at 11:00am, the doors had opened at 9:00.  There were maybe 50 people hanging around playing with their models and figurines.  I was not impressed.

I also saw this strange little woman there, she had a pretty good rig on her shoulder and spoke with a really odd accent.

I suspect she is posting at DU on her Ipad in this photo:

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
I love you, Jake.  :rotf:
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
Well, I went to nadins' little geek convention this morning to witness the economic miracle first hand.  I was there at 11:00am, the doors had opened at 9:00.  There were maybe 50 people hanging around playing with their models and figurines.  I was not impressed.

I also saw this strange little woman there, she had a pretty good rig on her shoulder and spoke with a really odd accent.

I suspect she is posting at DU on her Ipad in this photo:

Yeah, baa-bee!

Now that first picture looks like a flock of high rollers. Should jumpstart the SD economy.

Sorry the other pictures didn't come out. There's a big splotch on them.

Offline jukin

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
Jake, I applaud both your courage and strong stomach.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
Who has better hair, nutcase nadin, or catbox Mike?

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 04:39:13 PM »
It looks like she has the mange or something, her scalp is visible.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »
This is a job for, SPRAY ON HAIR!

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »

Looks like she is using Vaseline as a hair dressing. Maybe she never bathes.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
I almost feel bad for her. If she wasn't so mean and vindictive I would feel bad for her.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »
I almost feel bad for her. If she wasn't so mean and vindictive I would feel bad for her.

That's the deal.

If she weren't so arrogant, so pushy, so know-it-allish, one would feel some compassion for her, overlooking any or most physical characteristics.

But because she is, she actually uglifies herself.

It's her own fault.  She's forgotten the timeless wisdom of those who came before her, that "humility is the beginning of wisdom."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
Jake, did your brave "rig" survive the experience, or did it sacrifice itself in the process?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
Jake, did your brave "rig" survive the experience, or did it sacrifice itself in the process?

I used my android phone, it seems to have survived.  :cheersmate:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »

The first photograph, of all the other fantasy gamers--is that pretty much an accurate depiction of the turnout?

If so, the Reunion in Lincoln, Nebraska on Sunday afternoons herded in a great deal more.

This is a sign of economic recovery?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 05:46:06 PM »
Yes, that's pretty much the whole shebang.  There were two rooms, but the other one only had about 6-7 people in it.  The was also a room upstairs with board games strewn about, but there was nobody in it when I looked.  Again, this was at 11am, I'm sure it got busier after I left.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

The first photograph, of all the other fantasy gamers--is that pretty much an accurate depiction of the turnout?

If so, the Reunion in Lincoln, Nebraska on Sunday afternoons herded in a great deal more.

This is a sign of economic recovery?

There a number of mini conventions like this, they have a target audience and this looks to be about average. they are hosted by a small group or a few stores. Ive seen really small cons hosted by just one store, they used their own floor space instead of renting out at a hotel.

You're probably thinking about the big massive sci-fi conventions where thousands show up...Those are fun.

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »
JHC!!!! There are no words.
Vader Rules!

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »

Jake's rig will probably never be the same, regardless of which rig you're asking about.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.