Author Topic: Gov. Christie: Nation turning into people sitting on a couch waiting for thei  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Daniel537

Gov. Christie: Nation turning into people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check

Source: NJ.com

NEW YORK — Gov. Chris Christie said the country is becoming a "paternalistic entitlement society" this morning in a speech at a conservative conference headed by former President George W. Bush.

Addressing Bush and other national Republicans, Christie said he hasn't seen a less optimistic period in the country in his lifetime.

"Government's telling them stop dreaming, stop striving, we'll take care of you," he said at a theater at the New York Historical Society. "We're turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally."

"We'll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check," Christie said.

Read more: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/gov_christie_nation_is_becomin.html

The Country-Club, Checkered-Pants Republicans are out in full-force this year.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/101494085

Christie is correct on this, and of course the DUmmies hate it.

Fuddnik
1. He looks like he's sitting on his ass, waiting for a pizza.

freshwest
3. And him and his family all living off the government, too. Paternalism and patronage in one package.

So now being a governor is exactly the same as living on welfare.

rockingirl
50. further

his very obese ass waiting 4 a jumbo sized meat lovers pizza lol

So much for fat acceptance.

qb
23. Apparently the wingnuts know they've lost the public debate.

Now all they can do is throw red meat to their base, damn the consequences!

The debate has just begun.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

What was the event that happened right around welfare check delivery time when the Post Office was closed an extra day?

The primitives were howling!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
What was the event that happened right around welfare check delivery time when the Post Office was closed an extra day?

The primitives were howling!

I think that was when President Reagan passed away.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Elspeth

• Just Off Probation
So intellectual with their fat jokes, the DUmmies.  :argh:

Offline jukin

I think that was when President Reagan passed away.

That's what I was thinking but thought it was too long for me to have be laughing at the DUmbasses.  I thought I found the Island of Misfits around 2006 at CC. Hey I'm getting old and things that happened yesterday seam like a long time ago and things that happened a long time ago seem like they happened yesterday.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Doubleplusungood

Its going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. The welfarians will eventually break the system, and then they will be in a real world of hurt. That is when the zombie apocalypse starts, and record gun sales are a sign that a lot of other people see this coming.

Offline Karin

The whole thread is a menu of fattening foods, such as pizza and ice cream, and DUmmies equating government employment with layabout, parasitic leaching. 

BB_Troll (62 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

12. Yep, he's an oaf, but...

What's the counter-point to his argument? Aren't we getting stronger as a country by helping people out during this time? 

Assuming you're not a mole, no we're not.  That was Christie's argument, that we are morally bankrupting ourselves.  Do these couch-dwelling men feel more like man, being dependent on the "kindness of strangers" for years and years?  No.  They feel worthless and their wives look at them with mounting disgust.  Feeling useless and worthless destroys the soul.  So then one escapes into an alternate state, getting drunk or high, all the time.  Now you have an addict leaching off of society, what's left of it.  This makes a stronger country, BB_Troll?   

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
The whole thread is a menu of fattening foods, such as pizza and ice cream, and DUmmies equating government employment with layabout, parasitic leaching. 

Assuming you're not a mole, no we're not.  That was Christie's argument, that we are morally bankrupting ourselves.  Do these couch-dwelling men feel more like man, being dependent on the "kindness of strangers" for years and years?  No.  They feel worthless and their wives look at them with mounting disgust.  Feeling useless and worthless destroys the soul.  So then one escapes into an alternate state, getting drunk or high, all the time.  Now you have an addict leaching off of society, what's left of it.  This makes a stronger country, BB_Troll?   

Just look at the DUmmie who got a $10 an hour job after being unemployed for 8 months. He basically confirmed Christie's point.

$10 an hour DUmmie, I feel, it is respectable that you got a $10 an hour job. At least you aren't sitting on your ass collecting unemployment until your bennifits run out. Any job is respectable, truly it is.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Just look at the DUmmie who got a $10 an hour job after being unemployed for 8 months. He basically confirmed Christie's point.

$10 an hour DUmmie, I feel, it is respectable that you got a $10 an hour job. At least you aren't sitting on your ass collecting unemployment until your bennifits run out. Any job is respectable, truly it is.

And, don't the taxes taken out of said check go to replenishing (somewhat) what said leech took out?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Its going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. The welfarians will eventually break the system, and then they will be in a real world of hurt. That is when the zombie apocalypse starts, and record gun sales are a sign that a lot of other people see this coming.

Think Greece, times 100.  Hell, the Occupoopers are rioting and they're STILL getting free shit.  Imagine what happens when their sugar teat runs dry.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Think Greece, times 100.  Hell, the Occupoopers are rioting and they're STILL getting free shit.  Imagine what happens when their sugar teat runs dry.

They'll be eating buckshot . . .  O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.