Author Topic: There is no way in the world that I could engage in a "discussion"  (Read 443 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Atticus (8,385 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213907748

There is no way in the world that I could engage in a "discussion" with someone who was going to argue that Trump should be re-elected.

If some idiot insists that the world is flat or the Holocaust was a hoax or that windmills cause cancer, should we dignify their proud ignorance by "discussing" the pros and cons of their "position"?

Doesn't the mere act of responding to those promoting an obvious fraud---a transparent obscenity---imply that "there are two sides" worthy of consideration?

There is NOTHING to discuss with a Trump supporter. Frankly, I don't even want to breathe the same air.

Part of me really does wish they start a civil war just so we can get rid of ****sticks like this one...

Star Member Docreed2003 (11,814 posts)

3. I'm telling you, it's impossible to deal with these cultists

And I'm losing my temper more frequently around them which isn't good either.

In the OR this week, I got so pissed when one of the scrub techs says "I just can't vote for Biden...all he does is lie and lie". Omg, I don't discuss politics at work but that flew all over me. Like do you not see and appreciate that Trump lies every time he opens his damn mouth??

:whatever:

doc03 (25,029 posts)

4. I have tried you can't talk to them. They don't believe any news not even Fox anymore. They believe the crap they read on the internet and from Trump that is all. I am Byeden my time for after the election if Biden wins. I remember 4 years ago the day after the election when all the Trumpsters were prancing around giving each other the thumbs up. I can't wait to walk in the coffee shop and give them the thumbs up. I saved my 4th of July fireworks to set off when they announce the winner.

Star Member cyclonefence (3,135 posts)

5. It's impossible to communicate with a person whose universe is so skewed, where right is wrong, where lies are truth, where kindness is cruelty.

SeattleVet (3,902 posts)

11. Just had an interaction with one of the die-hard yesterday and this morning...

Conversation with a 'friend-of-a-friend' on Facebook.

-----------
FoaF - Yesterday morning, posts a link to BBC story on UAE/Israel peace deal.

Commenter #1: And yet - CNN.com does not even mention this story. (with link to CNN front page)

FoaF: They wouldn't. It makes Trump look good.

Me: {After checking on the CNN home page} It's been up on CNN all day, in the "World" section:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/israel-united-arab-emirates-normalization-trump/index.html

FoaF: You had to go look for it. Pretty sure that's front page news.

And on to this morning when I saw the messages...

Me: The story was (and still is, as of 2 minutes ago) linked on the front page, in the World section of the front page. Actually, there are 2 stories linked from the front page concerning this; one is the hard-news article I linked above, and the other is an opinion piece. The notion that 'CNN.com does not even mention this story' is demonstrably false.

FoaF: I do see it now. It is the last one in the list. I didn't see it yesterday at all.
-----------

And, of course, Commenter #1 has not been seen since he first claimed that CNN wasn't covering this.

Well, Duh! That's the way news sites work...the story was on the opening page (and probably started early in the day in the top 'Breaking' section). When I first looked it was the top story in the World section of the front page. When he said I had to go look for it, I checked again and it was still on the front page, but now down to being the 3rd story in the World panel. By the time he checked again it was the 5th story, having been pushed down by newer, more current news items. By tomorrow it will probably be off of the front page - and that's when I fully expect Commenter #1 to pop up again, with something along the lines of, "See - it's not there!".

Hell, not only was the story there, it has been updated multiple times through yesterday and today as new information or commentary came in.

They just don't see what they don't want to see. This is the type of density we have to break through.

:whatever:

StocktonNative (41 posts)

15. I don't speak to them because the accept the heavily racist tone

in the Orange Marmalade's ideology.

That alone makes me stay far way from his Cult45 animals.

I wouldn't even feel bad about putting them down...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: There is no way in the world that I could engage in a "discussion"
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 08:59:40 AM »
 ::) :rotf: DUpipo don't want to talk to us but profess to understand us. :rotf:  ::)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: There is no way in the world that I could engage in a "discussion"
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »
The attic primitive must not have been a good attorney all the decades he practiced law, if that's his honest attitude.
apres moi, le deluge