Author Topic: Issues with wireless keyboard and mouse  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Issues with wireless keyboard and mouse
« on: October 16, 2021, 11:00:49 AM »
Have never had this for my home computer, but bought the combo for relatively cheap.  When I fired it up this morning, my wireless internet is completely haywire and won't even connect.

Does anyone know if that's a common problem or a defective product?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Issues with wireless keyboard and mouse
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 03:15:06 PM »
I've never had a problem, even with laptops, WiFi, and wireless mice. I've always used LogiTech wireless mice and keyboards (which I use on my tower machine), if that makes a difference.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 04:03:00 PM »
Confused.

Wireless KB/Mouses are RF or Bluetooth.  I have never heard of them being Internet driven.

Is your Internet broke or is it just the KB/M?  If just the KB/M then yes they went south.  Cheap ones usually last about a year or 2.  I also usually stick with Logitech as they have incredible life for a pretty modest price.  I have a bunch of LT mice that use the Unifying software (so I swap them wherever is convenient - great when traveling) that have lasted 10+ years (505s/515s).

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 07:42:49 PM »
Confused.

Wireless KB/Mouses are RF or Bluetooth.  I have never heard of them being Internet driven.

Is your Internet broke or is it just the KB/M?  If just the KB/M then yes they went south.  Cheap ones usually last about a year or 2.  I also usually stick with Logitech as they have incredible life for a pretty modest price.  I have a bunch of LT mice that use the Unifying software (so I swap them wherever is convenient - great when traveling) that have lasted 10+ years (505s/515s).

I think he means that when he plugged the keyboard in, he lost his wifi signal.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 11:25:18 PM »
I think he means that when he plugged the keyboard in, he lost his wifi signal.

Bingo, that's precisely it.  Just got home after running a show tonight, and plugged the USB connection in and bang, the internet goes down.

Sorry folks, been a long day and the last thing I wanted to do was dwell on this tech issue.

I'll figure this out tomorrow when I have nothing important to do.

:cheersmate:

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 11:54:48 PM »
Bingo, that's precisely it.  Just got home after running a show tonight, and plugged the USB connection in and bang, the internet goes down.

Sorry folks, been a long day and the last thing I wanted to do was dwell on this tech issue.

I'll figure this out tomorrow when I have nothing important to do.

:cheersmate:

Wow.  Of course I would plug wired KB/M to see if these are the culprits.  If so your wireless really went off the rails. I gave never seen USB knock down a computer's witeless (card or motherboard).

Just to be safe, do not use your garage door opener unril after you do your controlled testing.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 06:53:40 AM »
Wow.  Of course I would plug wired KB/M to see if these are the culprits.  If so your wireless really went off the rails. I gave never seen USB knock down a computer's witeless (card or motherboard).

Just to be safe, do not use your garage door opener unril after you do your controlled testing.

I think there's a chance that a bluetooth keyboard could interfere with wifi.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 09:20:45 AM »

Now you made me scared to open anything wirelessly or battery connected! And I don't even want to turn on my TV either!!!
 :panic: :panic: :panic:  :-)

None of this is a big deal as I have a USB keyboard and mouse that plug and play just fine without affecting the wifi signal.  Guess I'll just return the inexpensive items that I thought would be nice to have.

Thanks for your kind assistance to you and everyone else.  I can write the hell out of complicated formulas and macros in Microsoft Excel, but sometimes pesky tech issues just befuddle me.