Author Topic: Troll repellant, anyone?{suicide run as well}  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Troll repellant, anyone?{suicide run as well}
« on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:56 AM »
Not a very good mole IMO! You never post in a thread about trolling it's a recipe for the stone! :-)
volcanicintellect (8 posts)      Sun Sep-14-08 08:46 AM
Response to Reply #3
20. What are you afraid of?
 As a long time conservative I have watched this particular website. What I have noticed is that I never see a real debate, just one hateful invective-filled accusation after another. I see plenty of liberals on several conservative websites making the same kind of unsubstantiated comments. One could easily come to the conclusion that DU censors any opinion that differs from the haters I see here.

And while the conservative websites have their share of flaming extremists, they are the exception. Here,flaming extremists seem to be the norm. And those of the left political view are never banned. We allow you to come to our websites anytime and say what you wish. You know I tell the truth. If you doubt me, just go to three or four conservative or even CHRISTIAN websites and speak your mind. Tell me if you get banned or censored.

I ask you, what are you afraid of? Open debate? Now I am certain that many of you will begin shrieking and raging about what a ..............(fill in the blank) I am. Just be quiet and tell me what it is that you really know about political issues and NOT WHAT YOU FEEL. We can debate and get along. Can't we?

God Bless you all,
American-who-will-vote-for-Sarah

P.S.
Let's see if this gets through the DU censors and I don't get blocked.
No it didn't and then Vickers proves his point! :-)
Vickers  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-14-08 10:04 AM
Response to Reply #20
34. Dude, I can't even count the times I've been kicked off Freak Republic.
 So quit talking shit, mmm-kay?

FTR, you will get tombstoned, but not because of what you've posted but just because you are a delusional pole-smoker.
V.E.T.E.R.A.N.....F.O.R.....R.E.A.L.....V.A.L.U.E.S
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3994838#3996631
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: Troll repellant, anyone?{suicide run as well}
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »
Vickers  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-14-08 10:04 AM
Response to Reply #20
34. Dude, I can't even count the times I've been kicked off Freak Republic.
 So quit talking shit, mmm-kay?

FTR, you will get tombstoned, but not because of what you've posted but just because you are a delusional pole-smoker.
V.E.T.E.R.A.N.....F.O.R.....R.E.A.L.....V.A.L.U.E.S

Someone is gonna get spanked for being anti-gay in the kingdom of fruits and nutz.  :popcorn:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »
Yep. The real racist and homophobes are in the Democratic Party.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »
Most of the ones I have seen get kicked off of Free Republic have been booted for posting lying articles, engaging in personal attacks, and otherwise breaking rules.  Not because they were leftist.  For the Record, Skinner, Will Pitt, and Bev Harris all have Free Republic accounts that have not been banned.  

Further, Free Republic does not engage in IP banning, grants instant access, and one E-mail account can have multiple user names.  Compare that to Democratic Undergrounds uncertain and flexible rules for banning, IP blocks, e-mail blocks, and 24-hour account sign up holds  (one can presume that some form of screening occurs during this time).  One can reasonably assume Jim Robinson fears free speech a great deal less than Skinner does.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 05:08:39 PM »
Most of the ones I have seen get kicked off of Free Republic have been booted for posting lying articles, engaging in personal attacks, and otherwise breaking rules.  Not because they were leftist.  For the Record, Skinner, Will Pitt, and Bev Harris all have Free Republic accounts that have not been banned.  

Further, Free Republic does not engage in IP banning, grants instant access, and one E-mail account can have multiple user names.  Compare that to Democratic Undergrounds uncertain and flexible rules for banning, IP blocks, e-mail blocks, and 24-hour account sign up holds  (one can presume that some form of screening occurs during this time).  One can reasonably assume Jim Robinson fears free speech a great deal less than Skinner does.

None of that is true.

FR bans for the slightest reason -- like understanding the difference between science and religion.  If you have multiple IDs under one email account all will be banned (sock puppets).  They ban by ID address block (I have seen it and experienced). 

FR's banning policies are the same as DU -- it is the whim of the mods and has no real rhyme or reason.  But THOU SHALT NEVER GAINSAY RIMJOB.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 05:18:25 PM »
I've seen the crevo threads.  I avoided them not due to a lock of interest, they were the dumbest things going on the internet at the time they were heavy.  Neither side could prove a point so it all invariably boiled down to personal attacks and flamefests.  Whether or not the evolutionists had a point, their beliefs led in a fairly straight line to eugenics.  So in the same situation, to calm the site down, I would have made the same decision.

I saw the same thing with the Rooty Rooters.  They got nasty when anyone said they wouldn't vote for Rooty.  They got the heave ho for similar reasons, even though a number, most of them, have come skulking back.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 05:24:22 PM »
I've seen the crevo threads.  I avoided them not due to a lock of interest, they were the dumbest things going on the internet at the time they were heavy.  Neither side could prove a point so it all invariably boiled down to personal attacks and flamefests.  Whether or not the evolutionists had a point, their beliefs led in a fairly straight line to eugenics.  So in the same situation, to calm the site down, I would have made the same decision.

I saw the same thing with the Rooty Rooters.  They got nasty when anyone said they wouldn't vote for Rooty.  They got the heave ho for similar reasons, even though a number, most of them, have come skulking back.

The Evo people (most of the smartest people at FR) got banned for understanding the difference between science and religion and trying to make it clear why public POLICY must do the same.  Cretards were allowed to flame, lie, misquote, misconstrue and generally do whatever they wanted.  If you suggested (as I did) that someone had been drinking (a common suggestion and true more often than not with those folks), you were banned.

Don't change history.  I was there.

I followed the Rudy stuff very closely.  RimJob said that Rudy was a Leftist Fag and that anyone who supported him was in the wrong place.  And then proceeded to ban everyone who said otherwise, irrespective of tone.

Again, I was there.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.