Author Topic: So I am somewhat disturbed with the lockdowns happening in other countries  (Read 575 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216110599

TlalocW (14,104 posts)

So I am somewhat disturbed with the lockdowns happening in other countries

Germany and Australia in particular. It honestly makes it hard to argue against anti-vaxxers and their Hitler comparisons, or maybe I'm just not smart enough to do so. Does anyone from those countries have insights into them? Everything I find is pretty sensational.

TlalocW

Star Member Phoenix61 (11,419 posts)

1. No it doesn't.

Hitler locked people up to make them easier to kill. Lockdowns are to keep people from being killed.

Bev54 (4,510 posts)

2. No, maybe look to other countries like Canada

We are trying hard not to have any lockdowns but we have strict vaccination policies and they are needed for all domestic travel and entry to events and restaurants, along with masking. It is working pretty well and it is now the virus of the unvaccinated, but the rest of us follow the rules and are able to move around freely.

leftstreet (33,684 posts)

3. It would have seemed unthinkable to me a year ago

Germany, Romania, Poland, France, Greece...

These governments usually carefully weigh real or perceived infringements on human rights against the massive protest potential of citizens who seriously "show up."

It's all very bizarre

Star Member Scrivener7 (39,359 posts)

4. Are you ****ing serious?

MIRT, DUAC!!!!

Mad_Machine76 (21,658 posts)

5. +1

Yeah

TlalocW (14,104 posts)

6. Yes

Whether you like it or not the Hitler argument, though played out, can be convincing to other people.

TlalocW

Star Member NutmegYankee (15,075 posts)

8. Jews, Poles, and Gypsies didn't make a choice.

They were defined by what their grandparents were. An antivaxxer is making a choice.

Star Member SharonClark (8,283 posts)

10. Only to ignorant hysterical people

who don’t know history and believe Qanon conspiracies. Until the government starts gassing anti-vaxxers, then the Hitler comparison is insulting and wrong.

Star Member BlackSkimmer (43,073 posts)

9. I don't recall Hitler having lockdowns.

He rounded people up, put them in cattle cars, then sent them to be gassed.

Your comparison is odious.

Their brains are broken... :mental: :mental: :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: So I am somewhat disturbed with the lockdowns happening in other countries
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 08:57:35 PM »
I knew reading the first comment here it would be.....

Post removed

Post removed

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bunch of f'n sheep.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:39:00 AM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 07:59:16 AM »
I know reading the first comment here it would be.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bunch of f'n sheep.  :rofl:

Funny and typical.  Just caught this post before the original post was removed:

Star Member PTWB (2,909 posts)

20. Question: Whats wrong with locking down anti-vaxxers?

Answer: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

:mental:

According to leftist definitions, an "anti-vaxxer" also includes people who have been vaccinated but are opposed to mandates.  I'm totally fine with getting the Wuhan "shot", as it clearly isn't a vaccine based on its waning efficacy.  But I'm vaccinated and despise mandating anyone getting one.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 08:18:21 AM »
Funny and typical.  Just caught this post before the original post was removed:

:mental:

According to leftist definitions, an "anti-vaxxer" also includes people who have been vaccinated but are opposed to mandates.  I'm totally fine with getting the Wuhan "shot", as it clearly isn't a vaccine based on its waning efficacy.  But I'm vaccinated and despise mandating anyone getting one.

I got the jab because I believed the liars when they said jabbed people could stop wearing masks. They lied, no  "boosters" for me.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 08:30:20 AM »
Have they said if you’re not boosted you’re not vaxxed yet?  I can’t keep up.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 08:42:39 AM »
According to leftist definitions, an "anti-vaxxer" also includes people who have been vaccinated but are opposed to mandates. ... But I'm vaccinated and despise mandating anyone getting one.

To DUmmies I'm an anti-vaxxer? I'm a member of that DUmmie-club? Coooooooool! :rotf:  :tongue:

It's not surprising that the OP was removed (did TlalocW also get tombstoned or thrown into FFR Limbo?). His'her meaning - contrary to Star Moron Phoenix61's diversion attempt - was clear and accurate. Rightly or wrongly, the lockdowns, especially the more stringent one, are fueling "Hitler comparisons" (as well as, "If you believe the vaccines are effective ..." gotcha-questions).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 08:51:24 AM »

KC

I'm sure some DUpipo have. I think some LIEden Klown Kollege types have run that idea up the flagpole, but not enough have saluted to make that stance official.

Speaking personally, I was fully vaccinated some 6 months ago. Rather than blindly heading for Boosterville, I'm going to have the antibody test done (appointment already made). AFAIK, the test doesn't differentiate between antibodies from recovery and antibodies from vaccination (apparently there are tests that do), but if I have OK levels of antibodies, no booster. OTOH, if my antibodies are low - I'm both recovered and vaxxed - I'm OK with getting a booster (at this point I don't expect that).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 08:54:04 AM »
So I am somewhat disturbed with the lockdowns happening in other countries

Germany and Australia in particular. It honestly makes it hard to argue against anti-vaxxers and their Hitler comparisons, or maybe I'm just not smart enough to do so. Does anyone from those countries have insights into them? Everything I find is pretty sensational.

Once again, DU is perturbed by something that should perturb people, but for the wrong reasons.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 09:14:21 AM »
They are discovering that the China virus is displaying Brandon's incompetence in dealing with the fauci flu and how he lied when he promised to have it under control by now.  They are terrified that this will cause the democrat party to get schlonged in the mid terms.

Their angst makes me smile
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 10:07:24 AM »
This ought to cheer the fascist DUches up. The EU "leaders" look to throw out the Nuremberg Code.  More fascism from the home of fascism and communism the totalitarian EU. So smile DUmmys totalitarianism is descending on europe.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 10:19:38 AM »

KC

The perpetual moving goalposts.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 10:29:49 AM »
I'm sure some DUpipo have. I think some LIEden Klown Kollege types have run that idea up the flagpole, but not enough have saluted to make that stance official.

Speaking personally, I was fully vaccinated some 6 months ago. Rather than blindly heading for Boosterville, I'm going to have the antibody test done (appointment already made). AFAIK, the test doesn't differentiate between antibodies from recovery and antibodies from vaccination (apparently there are tests that do), but if I have OK levels of antibodies, no booster. OTOH, if my antibodies are low - I'm both recovered and vaxxed - I'm OK with getting a booster (at this point I don't expect that).

What I kind of see coming is dates attached to the booster or you will be considered un-vaxxed. I don’t believe there will be any push toward antibody tests just, every 4 months you WILL get a booster or your vaccine passport is revoked until you comply.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 12:20:53 PM »

Tell that to citizens in Australia.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 01:01:25 PM »

So much wrong in those three lines. blackSkimmer is full of ignorance and always gladly willing to demonstrate it to the world.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »
They just can't resist bringing Hitler into their discussions

And with how they are so fanatical about demanding everyone getting vaccinated it reminds me of when we learned about the end times in Bible class and how everyone needed to accept the mark of the beast if they wanted to be an accepted member of society.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 02:56:19 PM »
They just can't resist bringing Hitler into their discussions

And with how they are so fanatical about demanding everyone getting vaccinated it reminds me of when we learned about the end times in Bible class and how everyone needed to accept the mark of the beast if they wanted to be an accepted member of society.

Godwin's Law:

A law that states that as the length of a thread proceeds on a newsgroup the probability of a comparison with Hitler or the Nazis approaches one. A number of groups have the tradition that when this happens the discussion is regarded as over.

Oxford Dictionary Definition

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2021, 03:13:55 PM »
Irony - people who, at the drop of a hat, call their enemies Nazis and Hitler saying it's wrong to call people Nazis and Hitler.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe