Author Topic: This time there will be no silence.  (Read 673 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
This time there will be no silence.
« on: December 02, 2021, 09:06:25 AM »
Star Member TygrBright (19,002 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216104332

When I was a child, there was a conspiracy of silence.

Forced births were hidden.

Deaths from unsafe abortions were hidden.

They weren't talked about.

It was all shadows and euphemisms... "Wayward Girls' Home"... "Sepsis following a minor injury"... "She's away visiting relatives."

Their names weren't spoken. The veil was drawn over them, their tragedies were forgotten. Their names were erased, their lives were erased.

The lies were endless.

Girls just disappeared, sometimes. "She went to live with her aunt in another state, she's going to school there." Illnesses like tuberculosis and polio and pneumonia were used to explain the funerals.

NOT.

ANY.

MORE.

Every death, every forced birth, every tragedy is going to be SHOUTED.

We will not go back into the silence.

Count on it.

We'll go to jail if we have to.

And we'll tell the story of WHY, with PRIDE.

We will wear the prosecutions and persecutions like badges of honor.

We will testify with our bodies, with our voices.

Be prepared.

determinedly,
Bright

:mental:

Star Member CaliforniaPeggy (139,804 posts)

3. NEVER AGAIN ANOTHER SEASON OF SILENCE. ♥

There shall never be another season of silence until women have the same rights men have on this green earth.

Spoken by Susan B. Anthony.

:yawn:

Star Member Hekate (72,424 posts)

5. In solidarity and sisterhood, Bright...

My cry from earlier today
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216102616

::)

Star Member Ka-Dinh Oy (11,579 posts)

6. I am probably just being stupid

but I get this odd feeling that somehow this is going to make rape harder to get in trouble for. Can't send the rapist to jail or prison now because he has a baby to be there for. It will not matter if he is there or not. What counts is that he should have the choice.

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

niyad (82,011 posts)

9. And, if her relatives will give their okay, the picture

of Gerri Sontero (sp?) needs to be everywhere.

Geraldine "Gerri" Santoro (née Twerdy; August 16, 1935 – June 8, 1964) was an American woman who died because of an unsafe abortion in 1964.

11. All the pictures. All the faces. All the names.

We will not be invisible.

We will not let them be made invisible.

We are human beings, not domestic livestock.

determinedly,
Bright

Star Member Hortensis (49,353 posts)

16. Yes. Those days are fortunately long gone. For most.

On a practical note, vote Democrat every chance to restore this right and advance others. Either Republicans or Democrats will control government for the foreseeable future. If Hillary had appointed the last 3 justices,... God! Onward.

On the "at least" side, over half of all aborted pregnancies occur when contraception fails, often because misused or skipped, so we'd see new emphasis on reliable contraception. Over half of all abortions are already within the first 8 weeks, so there's big room for that to go up also. Volunteerism to help those who need it would increase. Improvements in conscientiousness, forced but positive anyway.

The big difference I see for the typical person would be the need to

KNOW STATE LAW AND PLAN AHEAD. Roe may be only partially altered rather than repealed, but if it's changed at all new laws will come into effect in many states. I'll know what the law here in GA is likely to be before the decision is announced next summer or so. At this point I plan be a grandma with the uh-oh pill.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: This time there will be no silence.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 09:17:48 AM »
Star Member Ka-Dinh Oy (11,579 posts)

but I get this odd feeling that somehow this is going to make rape harder to get in trouble for. Can't send the rapist to jail or prison now because he has a baby to be there for. It will not matter if he is there or not. What counts is that he should have the choice

Blame Biden for not wanting to separate children from criminal parents.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »

but I get this odd feeling that somehow this is going to make rape harder to get in trouble for. Can't send the rapist to jail or prison now because he has a baby to be there for. It will not matter if he is there or not. What counts is that he should have the choice

Uh, there are plenty of men in prison who are responsible for a child, accumulating debt for child support. So yes, this was a stupid comment.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 10:04:15 AM »
Isn't saying abortion is a women's issue being transphobic? We were told giving birth was not gender exclusive. Why do these DUmmies hate trans people so much?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 10:16:21 AM »
Some states made reasonable laws requiring murder doctors to have admitting privileges at hospitals in case something went wrong. More women have died from botched legal abortions than died from illegal ones.

Democrats never wanted it safe, rare and legal, they wanted it on demand.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:17 AM »
Liberalism: a cult of death.

They will NOT be silent about the tiny % of women who die when attempting murder.  Kill a baby?  Crickets.

See the attachment for a clinical description of abortion that is acceptable for social media.  Distribute it widely.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 10:49:30 AM »

Does that include the silence about the women killed and injured by abortionists?  http://www.operationrescue.org/archives/archive-of-documented-abortion-patient-death-reports-by-operation-rescue/  The ones who are hard to get good numbers on because mandatory reporting laws aren't enforced on abortion mills? https://illinoisrighttolife.org/more-women-die-from-childbirth-than-abortion-false/
How about the silence on the deaths and injuries from the 'abortion pill"?  https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PV19E03  Y'all are good with those silences aren't you?

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 10:49:53 AM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 10:51:57 AM »
Does that include the silence about the women killed and injured by abortionists?  http://www.operationrescue.org/archives/archive-of-documented-abortion-patient-death-reports-by-operation-rescue/  The ones who are hard to get good numbers on because mandatory reporting laws aren't enforced on abortion mills? https://illinoisrighttolife.org/more-women-die-from-childbirth-than-abortion-false/
How about the silence on the deaths and injuries from the 'abortion pill"?  https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PV19E03  Y'all are good with those silences aren't you?

Kermit Gosnell
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 08:40:16 PM »

11. All the pictures. All the faces. All the names.

We will not be invisible.

We will not let them be made invisible.

We are human beings, not domestic livestock.

determinedly,
not too Bright
FIFY
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 08:52:10 PM »
No! No! No! You gals all need to wear red maid's outfits and stand on sidewalks so men can get uncomfortable when they ask for samiches.

Those red dresses work every time.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 05:49:10 AM »
No! No! No! You gals all need to wear red maid's outfits and stand on sidewalks so men can get uncomfortable when they ask for samiches.

Those red dresses work every time.

They certainly do if worn by women like this.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2021, 07:40:48 AM »
Geraldine "Gerri" Santoro (née Twerdy; August 16, 1935 – June 8, 1964) was an American woman who died because of an unsafe abortion in 1964.

Ah yes, the “Instant Karma” photo.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2021, 07:48:33 AM »
I believe that left's belief that this will end abortion is merely pearl clutching. At worse, if the SCOTUS throws out Roe v. Wade then it will make abortion a state's rights issue and each state will decide if abortion is legal or not. There will be plenty of leftist states that will allow unfettered abortions to continue. Want an abortion then drive to a state where it is legal and get it done.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2021, 11:37:27 AM »
There will be no silence, just like there's no silence about the many women who are harmed and indeed killed as a result of 'safe' abortions. Having taken part in a number of pro-life vigils outside of a 'safe' and legal abortion 'clinic', it's more than a little scary how often ambulances have to come. But the moloch-worshippers will continue their lies about women's safety.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2021, 11:02:16 PM »
Don't like unsafe abortions? Don't have one.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 12:35:00 AM »
Democrats control both Houses and the presidency.
They could just pass a law legalizing abortion...something they should have done 60 years ago. They have the power right now to fix things the way they want. What is stopping them?

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 03:10:48 AM »
Democrats control both Houses and the presidency.
They could just pass a law legalizing abortion...something they should have done 60 years ago. They have the power right now to fix things the way they want. What is stopping them?
They need their wedge issue
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2021, 08:25:22 AM »

This time? Hell, you idiots won't shut up about anything that you hate.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2021, 10:17:55 AM »
The only person with less silence is a women vegan pro baby killer.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.