Author Topic: The plague has swept through an al Qaeda terror training camp, killing 40  (Read 1193 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
RJ Connors  (234 posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-18-09 08:50 PM
Original message
The plague has swept through an al Qaeda terror training camp, killing 40

Advertisements [?]
Huh, now this may be somewhat concerning.

ANTI-TERROR bosses last night hailed their latest ally in the war on terror — the BLACK DEATH.
At least 40 al-Qaeda fanatics died horribly after being struck down with the disease that devastated Europe in the Middle Ages.

The killer bug, also known as the plague, swept through insurgents training at a forest camp in Algeria, North Africa. It came to light when security forces found a body by a roadside.

The victim was a terrorist in AQLIM (al-Qaeda in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb), the largest and most powerful al-Qaeda group outside the Middle East.

It trains Muslim fighters to kill British and US troops.

Now al-Qaeda chiefs fear the plague has been passed to other terror cells — or Taliban fighters in Afghanistan. “It spreads quickly and kills within hours. This will be really worrying al-Qaeda.”

(con't) http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article214628...

Happyhippychick  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-18-09 08:55 PM
Response to Original message
1. That's a very strange story. I don't know what to think.
Please send any spare thoughts you don't need to happyhippychick.

phostur  Donating Member  (553 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-18-09 09:08 PM
5. Or maybe....

this was a covert biological attack?
pocoloco  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-18-09 09:12 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. That sounds like something the * dip****s would do.

Give them a Weapon of Mass Destruction.
Time is running out to blame the US, hurry.

DU AdBot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Mon Jan 19th 2009, 11:12 AM
Advertisements [?]

Terrorism
Suspect it? Report it. Your call could be vital to us.
www.met.police.uk

Travel/Holiday Insurance
Buy Online or Call 0844 55 77 977 Cheapest Prices, Top Cover, Buy Now
InsuranceChoice.co.uk/Travel

Terrorist Tracking Tools
Find hidden relationships using Link and Social Network Analysis
www.fmsasg.com

M E T - 2009, London
Maritime Economic Terrorism Event June 23, The Chamber of Shipping UK
www.met09.com
link

Offline jukin

My realistic worry is that the alqueda was making the biological agent and screwed the pooch.

Funny how the DUchebags are not.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Duchess

My realistic worry is that the alqueda was making the biological agent and screwed the pooch.

It would be strange how the most obvious scenario, that the terrorists were playing with biological weaponry and it got away from them, didn't occur to them, but that's why they're DUmmies.

It's not a dread danger in a civilised western nation, if I understand correctly. From what I've read, if caught in a certain time frame-the first 24-48 hours-it's treatable with antibiotics. And our living conditions are not as conducive to its spread as they would be in Third World countries-we have better (generally speaking) hygiene (ie, we use toilet paper instead of our left hands), public sanitation, medical care, etc.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
It would be strange how the most obvious scenario, that the terrorists were playing with biological weaponry and it got away from them, didn't occur to them, but that's why they're DUmmies.

It's not a dread danger in a civilised western nation, if I understand correctly. From what I've read, if caught in a certain time frame-the first 24-48 hours-it's treatable with antibiotics. And our living conditions are not as conducive to its spread as they would be in Third World countries-we have better (generally speaking) hygiene (ie, we use toilet paper instead of our left hands), public sanitation, medical care, etc.

I refer to the post on the subject in the non-DUmbed down Forum.

Did a little research.....there are several different types and ways of spreading the plague. One is airborne and 100% deadly if not treated within the first 24 hours after exposure.

Glad I'm not in Washington this week.

Add to that the fact that the Bubonic Plague isn't one of those deseases we regularly stock vaccines for - outside of the military, that is - and don't do a whole lot of treatment for here in the west, and you have a recipe for a real nasty outbreak if'n some terrorist scumbag thought it'd be cool to deliver a whole buncha infidel souls to the demon deceiver Allah that way.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator

You have the advantage in coming up with a theory in that you don't have to wait for someone to come along and tell you what to think.

Offline Duchess

I refer to the post on the subject in the non-DUmbed down Forum.

Thanks, I read it-interesting and perturbing.

Add to that the fact that the Bubonic Plague isn't one of those deseases we regularly stock vaccines for - outside of the military, that is - and don't do a whole lot of treatment for here in the west, and you have a recipe for a real nasty outbreak if'n some terrorist scumbag thought it'd be cool to deliver a whole buncha infidel souls to the demon deceiver Allah that way.

From what I read elsewhere, those vaccines that we do have are a little iffy. It's strange to read about an outbreak of a medieval disease occurring today. Hope it burns itself out amongst the terrorists. I know they will die for their "cause" but I would think they would prefer a more glorious death, taking out the "infidel" with them.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
A similar thread on this has appeared posted by slad.... slad of the "dungeon" ..

seemslikeadream  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Mon Jan-19-09 04:33 PM
Original message

“It spreads quickly and kills within hours. This will be really worrying al-Qaeda.”

edited on Mon Jan-19-09 04:34 PM by seemslikeadream
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article214628...

“It spreads quickly and kills within hours. This will be really worrying al-Qaeda.”

Control of Communicable Diseases In Man

[snip]

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4860946

"really worrying al-Qaeda" ???  Spoken like a true collaborator  :bird:

Notable Quotes

MiltonF  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-19-09 05:07 PM
7. Would be pretty funny if Mother Nature God easily stomped out something like al-Qaeda where Bush...

spent Billions and failed.

Ex Lurker (406 posts) Mon Jan-19-09 05:20 PM
Response to Reply #7
17. I doubt it's Nature. More likely biological warfare and a war crime n/t

Ex Lurker (406 posts) Mon Jan-19-09 05:21 PM
Response to Reply #17
20. I posted this yesterday and it was widely dismissed

now it seems to be getting some traction.It would not surprise me in the least for this administration to stoop to another war crime on its way out the door.

Raskolnik (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-19-09 05:29 PM
Response to Reply #20
24. Would it surprise you if this was the result of a failed, half-assed attempt at biological warfare

by the people it is killing?.

McCamy Taylor  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-19-09 05:17 PM
13. The antibiotics are cheap and easy to come by. Saudi Arabia will ship them some.   Updated at 5:07 PM

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Fleas rats bad hygiene...all things that can be found in your neighborhood al-Qaeda camps.

Not surprising that they are getting hit with The Plague.

Too bad the DUmmies will prefer the tinfoil route as opposed to the truthful path.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Fleas rats bad hygiene...all things that can be found in your neighborhood al-Qaeda camps.

Too bad the DUmmies will prefer the tinfoil route as opposed to the truthful path.
Reality is too boring.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

Actually Ptarmigans brought the fleas in from China in an effort to wipe out the European bunnies as a last ditch measure before the Great Bunny Era began

Can't mess with history......................never trust the Bunnyfoot birds
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: The plague has swept through an al Qaeda terror training camp, killing 40
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »
wow. Even on his last day in office they want to blame everything on them.

So sad that some of their buddies in Algeria died so horribly. I guess its so sad for them because they didn't get to go to 40 western cities before it got them. I wonder how many cities they could have infected, probably want to send more than 1 to each city. Lets saqy, DC, LA, NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, Philly, Boston, St. Louis and Atlanta....

How many DUmmies would die?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 11:55:15 PM »
Congratulations.  You have... the plauge.  Let's show our contestants what lovely parting gifts they've won.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »
I saw this at the Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/19/al-qaeda-bungles-arms-experiment/

Al Qaeda bungles arms experiment

Biological or chemical weapons

Eli Lake (Contact)
Originally published 07:43 p.m., January 19, 2009, updated 05:45 a.m., January 20, 2009

An al Qaeda affiliate in Algeria closed a base earlier this month after an experiment with unconventional weapons went awry, a senior U.S. intelligence official said Monday.

The official, who spoke on the condition he not be named because of the sensitive nature of the issue, said he could not confirm press reports that the accident killed at least 40 al Qaeda operatives, but he said the mishap led the militant group to shut down a base in the mountains of Tizi Ouzou province in eastern Algeria.

He said authorities in the first week of January intercepted an urgent communication between the leadership of al Qaeda in the Land of the Maghreb (AQIM) and al Qaeda's leadership in the tribal region of Pakistan on the border with Afghanistan. The communication suggested that an area sealed to prevent leakage of a biological or chemical substance had been breached, according to the official.

"We don't know if this is biological or chemical," the official said.

The story was first reported by the British tabloid the Sun, which said the al Qaeda operatives died after being infected with a strain of bubonic plague, the disease that killed a third of Europe's population in the 14th century. But the intelligence official dismissed that claim.

I suspect the DUmmies won't believe it since the WT leans to the right.