Author Topic: poll: when is Skins going to re-open for business?  (Read 2314 times)

Offline pjcomix

Re: poll: when is Skins going to re-open for business?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »
Skinner will reopen DUmmieland in just 24 business hours.

Offline Nobody Expects

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 11:44:21 AM »
The DUmmies have to provide more info to post on Skin's Island than is necessary to vote in many blue shitholes.

Oddly, none of them seem to be complaining.  Odd, that.

Indeed.
Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! ...Oh, damn ...Um, I'll come in again.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »
It's 12 noon CST, so Skins only has four more business hours to uphold his promise of opening the DUmp up to the general rabble on Tuesday. 

Well, come on, Skins.  Make a promise, keep a promise.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 12:06:46 PM »
From the comments section at the Daily Kossacks (re: Skin's being down): 

Their IT people do not sound very impressive.

Well, of course they don't.  Skins is a dead ringer for child molester Subway Jared, that dipshit Elad is virtually indistinguishable from a head of broccoli, and the other guy is just as much of a clown. 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »
I wonder if Skins has his crack team of IT experts scrubbing the server of any links to Comet Ping Pong?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 12:32:46 PM »
I think it was all really stupid, both Skins and Jim Robinson of freerepublic.

There was never at any time any need to have Elad (in the case of Skins's island) and Jack or Joe or Jerry or whatever his name is, the son of Jim Robinson (in the case of freerepublic) to waste any time designing a unique message board format. 

They could've just as easily swiped SMF or somesuch other software and used that.  And because such are in common use, if there's a problem, it'd be easy to get the solution.

These are the sorts of idiots who instead of buying a car off the assembly-line in Detroit, insist upon "custom-making" their own vehicle, including the screws and nuts and bolts--and then when the thing breaks down, well, nobody has replacement parts on their shelves.

I just never got it; why was it so vitally important to have one's unique one-of-a-kind format?  What does standard stuff that's available lack that Skins's island and freerepublic don't have?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 01:26:33 PM »
I think it was all really stupid, both Skins and Jim Robinson of freerepublic.

There was never at any time any need to have Elad (in the case of Skins's island) and Jack or Joe or Jerry or whatever his name is, the son of Jim Robinson (in the case of freerepublic) to waste any time designing a unique message board format. 

They could've just as easily swiped SMF or somesuch other software and used that.  And because such are in common use, if there's a problem, it'd be easy to get the solution.

These are the sorts of idiots who instead of buying a car off the assembly-line in Detroit, insist upon "custom-making" their own vehicle, including the screws and nuts and bolts--and then when the thing breaks down, well, nobody has replacement parts on their shelves.

I just never got it; why was it so vitally important to have one's unique one-of-a-kind format?  What does standard stuff that's available lack that Skins's island and freerepublic don't have?

Hey Frank - which one of the DUmp brain trust was trying to turn his cat into a vegetarian?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
Who in their right mind would buy a star to a site that had just been hacked and credit card date compromised? (Don't answer. It's Rhetorical.)
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »
I am not too sure if DU was hacked. I call BS on it.  :bs:

Probably by Christmas or even never. It is closed off to only Star Members.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:26:18 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2016, 02:21:06 PM »
Hey Frank - which one of the DUmp brain trust was trying to turn his cat into a vegetarian?

That is animal cruelty!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2016, 02:23:05 PM »

That was the elusive enigmatic Elad, the computer pro.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »
That was the elusive enigmatic Elad, the computer pro.

I thought so.

So THAT is who is trying to get the DUmp put back together...an IDIOT who thinks that cats can be vegetarians, and posted on the DUmp for suggestions on how to MAKE his cat into a vegan.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2016, 02:28:10 PM »
I thought so.

So THAT is who is trying to get the DUmp put back together...an IDIOT who thinks that cats can be vegetarians, and posted on the DUmp for suggestions on how to MAKE his cat into a vegan.

That was so long ago I'm surprised anyone remembered it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Nobody Expects

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
I thought so.

Hey, if he's stupid enough to want to make a cat vegan, maybe they were hacked after all...by a 9 year old.
Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! ...Oh, damn ...Um, I'll come in again.

Offline sharkhawk

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2016, 03:30:03 PM »
The DUMP is up.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
Isn't having to have a star to enter the Island the same as a legal restriction to enter a country?

You and your facts!  :rotf:
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline SVPete

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2016, 04:00:04 PM »
Isn't having to have a star to enter the Island the same as a legal restriction to enter a country?

Think of it as Poster ID. :rimshot: :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2016, 04:55:14 AM »
As soon as the DU Troika can get their financial arrangement with Soros' Tides Foundation, they will be back up.  Next Monday.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.