Author Topic: For those that fantasize of a violent revolution  (Read 1215 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
For those that fantasize of a violent revolution
« on: November 21, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »
Sit the **** down before we **** your shit up.

We're not in the mood for your vote fraud perpetrating, crony, law breaking, cop killing, military hating bullshit.

ThomPaine    (1139 posts)   November 20, 2016 at 7:59 am

For those that fantasize of a violent revolution

to clean out the oppressive 1% oligarchy or plutocrats, look around at what’s happening.  The Powers That Be aren’t stupid and they spend a lot of money on “Conspiracy Tanks”.  It is, IMO, impossible to get the 99% together to fight the PTB.  As we see here at JPR we have a hard time getting progressives together to fight a common enemy.  Most likely the PTB will instigate a civil war among the 99%.  Divided along ideological and/or racial positions.   They have already armed local police and encouraged a culture of cops vs. AA.  They undoubtedly support the protests of anyone.  Working toward chaos where they can justify tightening down more of our rights.

Then he goes on to say...

ThomPaine     (1139 posts)  (Reply to Eggar - post #8)    November 20, 2016 at 12:51 pm

10. When people get hungrier they still won't join together. A Hitler type will

convince the bigoted, gun tottin’, authoritarian followers, that their troubles are the fault of the darker skinned people.   That’s historically what happens.

The bigots and authoritarians are all on your side. See: BLM, identity politics, safe spaces, all dissent is hate speech, all hate speech is prosecutable, etc.

Still, you decry the PTB dividing people to keep them conquered yet you leap for slandering people who want nothing more than to be left alone and have their government obey its own laws.

HeartoftheMidwest     (32 posts)  (Reply to ThomPaine - post #10)    November 20, 2016 at 2:23 pm

18. When a Critical Mass of the suffering population is reached…

…it will only take a tiny incident to spark a conflagration.

Count on it

ThomPaine     (1139 posts)  (Reply to HeartoftheMidwest - post #18)    November 20, 2016 at 5:02 pm

23. What I am saying is that we may not ever get there. Looks like we are headed

for a civil war.

U4ikLefty     (106 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 10:38 am

7. I was part of Occupy, I don't take advice from partisians about revolution.

The Democrats shit on us, beat us, teargassed us, and then tried to co-opt us.  I take no direction from partisans about revolution, because they are a reason we were on the streets.  I was ****ing there and know first-hand about how Democrats handle resistance.

ravensong     (615 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 12:57 pm

12. A Mass General Strike and Boycott is the kinder, gentler revolutionary

tactic that can bring Wall St to its knees.

Again?

ThomPaine     (1139 posts)  (Reply to ravensong - post #12)    November 20, 2016 at 1:05 pm

16. I would love that, but we can't even get progressives together here to agree

on what to do.  I hope someone in authority steps forward and maybe we can get the Sanders supporters on board.

Yeah. You sheep need your shepherd to tell you what to do.

You think a civil war is on the way and you look to Sanders?

:rotf:

We'll pencil you in for next Thursday.

HIP56948     (841 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 3:59 pm

19. I believe it would take a select group of people with much knowledge, money..

…and bravery to even start such a revolution.  They would basically have to sacrifice their lives (if necessary) plus know that many of his/her kind are standing by to take one’s place.  Not a pretty scenario.

I think you lost George Soros at, "sacrifice their lives."

Greenwich     (1471 posts)  (Reply to Rocco - post #21)    November 20, 2016 at 7:51 pm

29. Only peaceful revolution will work —

and Elites now control our government/MIC/Pentagon —

FBI has been trying to start a race war and gotten caught at it quite a few times to my knowledge.

How about uninventing the dollar bill —

We can return to bartering for goods —

but what if we simply stop making corporations rich by buying their goods?

France is outlawing plastic plates and utensils —

Some of our states are looking at the damage caused by “meat” industry and “dairy” industry —

to environment – and even worse is factory farming.

How about disconnecting from MSM — otherwise known as our CIA/corporate media.

And remember that Global Warming is the wild card —

Women have been conducting a non-violent revolution for thousands and thousands of year —

and I’m confident we’re going to make it!!  :)

:stoner:

"Women have been conducting a non-violent revolution for thousands of year" (sic)?

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of feminine power.

jwirr     (1255 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 7:36 pm

26. Where there have been successful armed revolutions it was in areas of the world

where power was centralized such as Moscow and Paris. Also it was almost always against government – seldom against corporations that have power spread throughout the world and with unidentified owner/rulers. Our government is centralized but they are merely the tool of the corporatists not the cause of the problem. I have often thought about who we would hit if we had a revolution. I never came up with an answer because corporations and bankers are visible only in figure heads and buildings with the real power behind them tucked safely away from sight.

So IMO an armed revolution could do a lot of damage but would not reach to the real leaders. They are unknown.

I wonder  if a break up of the country into sections would not make some difference? Our disagreements are often sectional.

glinda     (973 posts)  (Reply to jwirr - post #26)    November 20, 2016 at 8:18 pm

33. !% hiding is a big part of the problem. I am for breaking the Country up.

Democrats wanting to bust up the country because they fear a Republican president will take away their black people.

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1861!

Greenwich     (1471 posts)  (Reply to jwirr - post #26)    November 20, 2016 at 8:29 pm

35. That may come with Global Warming — as communities have to unite —

to create their own energy — produce their own food — gain the knowledge to convert cars to electric or solar.

Rediscover plants which are our natural medicines — and our nutrition.  Work together in catastrophe.

Greenwich     (1471 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 8:26 pm

34. Why can't we unite? What's the problem —

Let’s take women who are the majority on the planet — We’re every color, every nationality.  We’re labor.

Think we’re the majority of the work force — or close to it.  What is it that we couldn’t support?

This is a liberal nation as Bernie Sanders has shown us — we support human rights, equality for all, peace.

What is the problem?

This may come as a shock to you, cupcake, but: Women are not a monolithic political bloc. Many, many women are conservatives.

ThomPaine     (1139 posts)  (Reply to Greenwich - post #34)    November 20, 2016 at 9:04 pm

37. I mean I love women, really love women. Wait, what are we talking about.

But women have the same problem we all have.  We can’t agree on what we want.

jjgreen     (40 posts)  (Reply to ThomPaine - post #37)    November 20, 2016 at 9:53 pm

38. It's that damn individuality.

I blame the complexity of the human brain.  A colony of ants does a way better job of uniting, marching in step, getting things done.

But if we had the kind of brains that wanted to march in step, we’d all be satisfied with the status quo so there’d be no talk of revolution.

IOW:  Catch-22.

Revolutions happen when people come together to fight a common enemy.

Revolutionary ideals go up in smoke five minutes after victory, when the victors quit backslapping and toasting each other, and break into factions who start arguing over who gets to make the rules in the glorious new paradise.

Only a Proglodyte sees individuality as a problem.

Greenwich     (1471 posts)  (Reply to ThomPaine - post #37)    November 21, 2016 at 10:05 am

57. I was hoping to make clear how easy it would be —

Women are the majority of all races — creeds — labor force —

But women have mainly been excluded from influence over societies and governments over thousands of years.

Patriarchy:  “The bird with one wing.”

WTF is this broad's problem?

Oh wait. I know...

ThomPaine     (1139 posts)  (Reply to Greenwich - post #57)    November 21, 2016 at 10:22 am

61. I would love to see women have more control.

WOMEN ON TOP!

Snort McDork     (840 posts)  (Reply to slipslidingaway - post #40)    November 20, 2016 at 11:39 pm

41. Has anyone ever thought of recruiting the students at colleges….

….across the country?

Last time I checked, that’s how it worked during the 60’s when students protested Vietnam and Nixon/LBJ.

I think they shut things down besides the campus.

If there are to be protests, it has to be massive, i.e “mass quantities”.

You mean the ones who retreated to safe spaces with coloring books and puppies?

senz     (2624 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 21, 2016 at 12:47 am

43. A few things.

1. We cannot win a violent revolution.  They are prepared for us.  They have been expecting us to eventually resist what they are doing.  They have highly developed “crowd control” weapons and techniques, trained local police, and of course military units who trained during the Iraqi occupation.  They have a number of domestic internment camps, some converted from abandoned military bases. And probably overseas ones as well.  They have us under massive surveillance, as most of us know by now.

The crowd control weapons were developed in the 2000s during the Iraq War.  News media used to describe the weap0ns in some detail; I can only remember a bit of it (a now defunct computer had a bunch of links).  Among the weapons they developed are “guns” that can be aimed long distance at individuals in crowds, causing sudden debilitating pain and collapse without leaving a mark on the body.

At least as far back as the 1980s, the U.S. has been developing domestic internment camps.  I first heard about it on NPR or KPFA during the Iran Contra hearings.  In the interrogation of Oliver North, one of the members of the panel mentioned having read it in the Miami Herald and was quickly shouted down because it was supposed to be secret (and they were being recorded). North was in charge of developing the camps.  The development continued into the 2000s and then I didn’t hear any more about them.  The rationale was that they would be used for immigration problems, which I did not buy.

2.  We could still develop a strong block of working class/middle class opposition to the 1% if we are willing to acknowledge the humanity of angry white rightwingers and work with them.  However, our side does not seem up for it yet.  I tried to broach the subject here:  http://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/steve-bannon-zero-tolerance-for-anti-semitic-racist-elements-of-the-alt-right/#post-361178   We have more in common with those scared brainwashed folks than with the 1%.  I think this is our best approach.  I also think we will have to initiate the rapprochement because we’re the bigger people, I hope.

3.  We need courageous hackers and leakers, and if the oligarchs start controlling the internet even as lightly as net neutrality, we will need to develop an alternate “underground” internet. I do not think this is impossible.

4.  We will probably need the assistance of sympathizers in other countries.  It’s possible one or more of the social democracies might be interested in helping us.  As the oligarchy goes global, we will need compadres around the world and they will need us.

I’m too tired to continue tonight, but I hope those who care will think and develop plans.

You left out...

5. You're pussies

6. You fear gunz

7. You're pussies

8. You have made careers out of denigrating and opposing the military even to the point of favoring America's enemies

9. You're pussies

10. You can't even supply your own food and birth control. All we would have to do is turn off the EBT cards and watch your strongholds descend into chaos

11. You're pussies

12. The police will never side with the BLM faction

13. You're pussies

14. You produce nothing to sustain the economic demands of war.

15. You're pussies

16. You revile the study of war

17. You're pussies

Greenwich     (1471 posts)  (Reply to senz - post #43)    November 21, 2016 at 11:26 am

71. Wonderful post – ^ ^ ^ Thank you ^ ^ ^

This would make an excellent OP — I’d happily rec to Mary — :)

True — all of our rights to free assembly, protest have been taken from us

What?

And the internment camps really need to be discussed — sadly, they do exist — and not like historically we haven’t seen this inclination by the right wing to “isolate” people — 1,100 years of Jewish Ghettoes by Vatican — US “Indian Reservations” which confined native peoples here — and their “Church Schools” which separated native children from their parents, banned speaking in their own language, often kidnapped these children — and held them in violent circumstances where they were abused in every way, including sexually.

Ollie North was also working on overturning the Constitution which I believe was also mentioned in those Hearings.

A good way for us to begin a Revolution would be moving out to protect the weakest among us.  It’s generally where the Elite begin oppression and continue it.  And joining with AA’s and Native Peoples.  BLM, I noticed, had this wonderful idea of moving to introduce themselves to police enforcement in their areas — I think it was a picnic — which would hopefully prevent some of the violence against them.  Harder perhaps to kill someone you know?  Of course, joining in holding human rights protections for homosexuals.  Generally, those kinds of ideas.

And it goes on like that.

http://www.jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/for-those-that-fantasize-of-a-violent-revolution/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:37:54 PM by SSG Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: For those that fantasize of a violent revolution
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
Oh my goodness, the stupidity, it burns and oozes from that thread.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 05:53:38 PM »
You leftist swamp slimes want a civil war?
Be careful what you wish for.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »
>3.  We need courageous hackers and leakers

All your hackers and leakers are belong to us.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »
Greenwich does indeed sound like a dope- addled moron.
These kinds of threads are always fun, knowing that if they ever were stupid enough to try this in real life, they would be completely annihilated in a matter of days. All they'd have would be a couple hackers who'd do a little easily- reparable damage before being caught, and maybe some assembled numbers which our side (Including police and national guard) would be able to easily defeat due to superior intelligence, superior combat/ strategy knowledge, and superior weaponry.
The bigots and authoritarians are all on your side. See: BLM, identity politics, safe spaces, all dissent is hate speech, all hate speech is prosecutable, etc.

Also see: "Polar bear hunting," all the many pushes to heavily regulate what we can and can't eat, all the left's assaults on the 2nd Amendment, etc.

"U4ikLefty     (106 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 10:38 am

7. I was part of Occupy, I don't take advice from partisians about revolution.

The Democrats shit on us, beat us, teargassed us, and then tried to co-opt us.  I take no direction from partisans about revolution, because they are a reason we were on the streets.  I was ****ing there and know first-hand about how Democrats handle resistance."

Oh, please.
 The only time the Democrats stood up to Occupoopers was when Bloomberg finally grew some cajones and had OWS's camp torn down, and even that was likely just due to the fact that at the time, winter was coming, and he didn't want the Occupoopers to make his city (And, by extension, himself) look bad by causing a disruption at one of the major, heavily- publicized events NYC traditionally hosts around that time of year (i.e. the Macy's Parade, the lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, etc.), which the attention- whores at OWS would have almost certainly tried to do had they not been driven out.
Other than that, Occupy mostly destroyed themselves. The harsh New York winter brought any hope of Occupy protesting to an end for several months, and by the time spring hit, most had lost interest, and what was left of the Occupy movement as a whole was taken over by its more insane, radical extremist fringe elements, who further drove the public against them with their increasingly revolting actions (i.e. Members of Occupy Cleveland attempting to bomb a bridge on May Day, Occupy Oakland Patriarchy protesting AGAINST a conference designed around fighting child sex- trafficking, etc.).
So, the Occupiers shouldn't blame the Dems for their own movement's complete failure.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 06:59:44 PM »
ravensong     (615 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 12:57 pm

12. A Mass General Strike and Boycott is the kinder, gentler revolutionary

tactic that can bring Wall St to its knees.

Does that mean they will refuse to go to the mailbox and not cash those gubmint checks?

OAN, pretty big talk for a person that probaly doe not know how to work a plunger much less change a flat tire.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »
Does that mean they will refuse to go to the mailbox and not cash those gubmint checks?

OAN, pretty big talk for a person that probaly doe not know how to work a plunger much less change a flat tire.
I think it means the return of their now- legendary "Not One Damn Dime Day."

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 09:48:13 PM »
meh.. why did I read that? My head hurts now.
I believe it's natural to try and understand and dissect something like this when you see it. But this reads like it came from a pack of retarded imps.
My brain is looping on a divide by zero right now.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 10:44:23 PM »
ThomPaine is the primitive rhett o rick who was a dull blade over on the island. He continues to be just as stupid with the jackals.

He holds the position that the far-left fruit loops like the bern-outs are better off trying to take over the Dem party than trying to form their own party. As if the wealthy Dems who run the joint are going to let the likes of their unwashed interfere with their pay-for-play party. Several of the jackals have tried to explain it to him, and to others who insist on the same tactic, but to no avail. Guess the dimwit will just have to find out the hard way, that is if he ever figures it out at all.

So when he says they can't all agree on a plan of action, truth is he refuses to go along with the others. That site is bound to fall apart soon. They can't focus on building a movement but fall back into their old DU habits of ridiculing their political opponents and complaining about cheating and gerrymandering and all sorts of other topics. These scatterbrains can't walk and chew gum at the same time, so they can't build a movement and rant both, they need to choose. As it stands, they're choosing to rant, which makes them another DU, which means they don't have the ability to focus.

Good for us.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
HeartoftheMidwest     (32 posts)  (Reply to ThomPaine - post #10)    November 20, 2016 at 2:23 pm

18. When a Critical Mass of the suffering population is reached…

…it will only take a tiny incident to spark a conflagration.

Count on it

I know.  This time, we did it through the ballot box.

Pray, we don't have to go further.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 06:46:35 AM »
HIP56948     (841 posts)  (Reply to original post)    November 20, 2016 at 3:59 pm

19. I believe it would take a select group of people with much knowledge, money..

…and bravery to even start such a revolution.  They would basically have to sacrifice their lives (if necessary) plus know that many of his/her kind are standing by to take one’s place.

So basically you're saying 'No way in Hell is that happening.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 07:56:47 AM »
 :urmeds: :urmeds: :urmeds: :urmeds: :urmeds: :urmeds: :urmeds: :urmeds: :urmeds:

Because sometimes just one :urmeds: is not enough to characterize the crazy.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:02:56 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »

We'll pencil you in for next Thursday.

You're talking about their violent revolution? What are you going to do after lunch? You're gonna have some free time to fill.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 12:37:07 PM »
This time, we did it through the ballot box.

Pray, we don't have to go further.

Unfortunately, we just may have to, if the idiots refuse to open their minds.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 01:04:09 PM »
Unfortunately, we just may have to, if the idiots refuse to open their minds.

Sometimes when a mind is stuck in the closed position the only thing that will open it is...

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 03:51:37 PM »
Sometimes when a mind is stuck in the closed position the only thing that will open it is...

The application of some petroleum products can also help loosen it up:

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 04:13:39 PM »
Ruh Rooo, Jukin just got another SBR.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 05:26:18 AM »
Ruh Rooo, Jukin just got another SBR.

I prefer a more 'personal' approach.  I'm putting my money on a Glock 19.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.