Author Topic: primitives question free credit reports  (Read 584 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives question free credit reports
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=114x53848

Oh my.

question everything  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-13-09 02:32 PM
Original message

FreeCreditReport.com - NO!

They have all these cute commercials inviting people to check their credit report.

This specific web site, however, is NOT FREE. Not the official site where one is allowed once a year credit report from one of the reporting agencies.

Theoretically, one can get it more often. First, there are three agencies and if all your accounts are joint with a spouse, then each can get one from each of the agencies.

Anyway, I went to the official free one the https://www.annualcreditreport.com and selected Experian.

Now, at the top I was tempted to hit the "start" button, but decided to scroll down. It offered a fee-based service and below it, in smaller (of course) font and in black and white, it offered the "no thank you" to continue, which is what I did.

The next page did say that the fee was $0.00.

Can't trust any of them. This is why we are an "over regulated" society. Because these businesses will skin us alive, given a chance.

onehandle (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-13-09 02:36 PM
Response to Original message

1. In Georgia, by state law we get two free reports a year. And yes, FreeCreditReport.com is a scam.

HardWorkingDem  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-13-09 02:36 PM

2. Free Credit Reports are free, but the FICO report is where they get you...

The FICO report gives your credit rating, which is important when it comes to all sorts of fees you will pay. You can get your credit report free, but the bastards make you pay for your FICO one. Which is just important to know.

sinkingfeeling  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-13-09 02:41 PM

3. I got free reports from all 3 agencies a year ago, but don't remember the site I used. They will all charge you to get your credit score. I know what each of the 3 agencies gave me as a credit score because I financed a second home this past year.

Hmmm.  Since 0bama's going to equalize everything once he's president, and the stinking stealing primitive has two homes, and franksolich has zero homes, maybe I'll get the stinking stealing primitive's second home, instead of Pedro Picasso's in Connecticut.

I'll have to wait until January 20 to see which one's the better structure.

JoDog (780 posts)      Tue Jan-13-09 03:02 PM

5. But you can only access your report once a year. If you look at it now, for instance, you cannot get it again on that site until next January.

For people in situation where they need to keep constant tabs on what's going on, the free site does them little good.

I dunno.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: primitives question free credit reports
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:48:24 PM »
Freecreditreport.com IS a scam. They charge you 15 bucks per month for one and about 26 for the other two. It took me 4 damn calls and many profanity-laden tirades before those fools removed the damn charges. I was nice the first two damn times, the 3rd, not so much. The 4th? ....and this is over a period of 4 months, I went ballistic.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site