Author Topic: Bouncy-ball tale: My Brother's rant on FB  (Read 735 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Bouncy-ball tale: My Brother's rant on FB
« on: January 29, 2021, 04:19:55 PM »
By sentence, scored for creativity, required articles, and grammer.

Star Member flotsam (3,053 posts)

My Brother's rant on FB

So, [1 point for beginning with So]

I was listening to my personally signed copy of Lee Greenwoods CD(can't do that with a usb) God bless the USA. [1 pt for having a signed CD]

Got it in Branson Missouri at a military reunion a few years back.  [1 pt for skillfully sliiping in military service] [-1 pt for claiming military service on a left wing website]

Was thinking of America today, So Sad ! Back when I was drafted and went to war, we didn't believe in the war, but our country sent us, so we went. [see above]

Today, people claiming to be patriots, riot in D.C.. Although they have NEVER done anything to earn that Patriot tag, they follow the most unpatriotic leader ever. [ugh... 0 pts]

While my brothers were fighting and losing their lives in Vietnam, trump was screwing every hooker he could lay his greasy hands on, even telling Howard Stern in an interview that avoiding getting a venereal disease from these hookers was his private Vietnam and probably more dangerous.  [1 pt for bringing up Vietnam, again (is this John ****in Kerry?) 1 pt for bringing up obvious lie]

A man who has NEVER done anything for this country except cheat and steal from anyone who's path he's crossed now has a following of racist and Nazi's who CLAIM to be patriots ! [1 pt for bringing up NAZIs and racists]

WOW has America really sunk this low? [eh... 0 pts]

I am ashamed! [0 pts]

think of the young men of my generation laying down there lives for THIS???? [-1 pt for grammar]

So Sad. [0 pts]

Does anyone remember JFK's speech, "Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
[-1 pt for grammar]

Grow up people ! [0 pts]

Edit for typo [-1 pt for grammar] 

2 pts.  :whatever:

Star Member redstatebluegirl (11,042 posts)

3. Amazing, I wish my brother felt this way.

He served two tours in Vietnam and went to the dark side and followed Trump down the rabbit hole a couple of years ago. He had been a republican since he got back from his first tour, but was a "normal Republican" until the past few years. I have stopped talking to him, which hurts a lot, but it has to be. He is batshit crazy right now.

Thank goodness for your brother!

:bird:

wnylib (4,895 posts)

12. That happened to my brother, too.

He was always a Republican, but not always an extremist. He was older than me, so he was in the military while I was still in high school. He stayed in the service and made it his career (non-com). [that means non-commissioned officer, or Sergeant... it doesn't mean career soldier...]

I remember him emphasizing to me when I took civics that the civilian leadership of the military, by the CIC, prevented military dictatorships. When he returned from 2 years in Vietnam, he was disturbed that anti war protesters were villified and arrested. He said that he fought for the free speech of everyone.

When changing the voting age from 21 to 18 was being discussed, he opposed it in the belief that 18 year olds were not mature enough to make such important decisions. He asked me if I wanted to see a rock star or a TV or film actor in the White House, which he said was the kind of choice 18 year olds would make.

Then, in 1980, he voted proudly for Reagan. My brother was 37 at the time, old enough by his prior reasoning to know better. Later, he became a staunch supporter of Trump. For the sake of peace in the family, I ignored his political comments and focused solely on family news when talking to him. But one day his comments were so outrageous that I responded with my views, very strongly. He stopped all contact with me.

A few weeks later he died.  :o

My SIL said he had become radicalized by pamphlets he brought home that had been distributed among the military, years before he retired. Then he followed those groups online.

He had gone from a rational conservative to a radicalized extremist.

I have no words...

RVN VET71 (1,758 posts)

18. I voted for Richard Nixon while stationed in Nam

Nothing against the Democrats -- although HHH did serve as VP to the man who, after all, got us into the mess so deeply we couldn’t get out, so there was that. Besides, Nixon “had a plan” a real, well though out plan that he and Henry K. had concocted that could end the war, but only if we elected him. So I voted for him.

Talk about naive. Of course I voted for George McGovern next election and Jimmy Carter after that. Then I voted for Reagan, foolishly, because Carter had not really been effective as a president (he became a man I admire to the utmost after his term in office, of course) and voted for the wrong party for the last time. After that it was Mondale, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Clinton, and Biden. (You’ll notice I didn’t mention Dukakis or Senior Bush because I sat out that election, bitter, actually, about the manner in which Dukakis undermined the campaign of Joe Biden.)

I will never vote Republican again. I won’t recuse myself from voting in any election where the Republicans need to be opposed -- and that will be any election in which a Republican is running -- and will vote against the Republican even in instances where (as with Dukakis) I feel repelled by the Democratic candidate.

What I’m saying is not every Vietnam Vet has turned sour on America after experiencing the bloody ugliness of LBJ’s terrible mistake. Nor has every Nam Vet turned in absolute confusion and fear to Trump and his ilk. I saw the error of my ways when I came home, saw them again with a vengeance when race-baiting Ronnie showed his true colors and Lee Atwater explained to Republican politicians not that racism was bad, mind you, but that they shouldn’t use the n-word when catering to their growing racist base. Once Bush Jr. stole -- yes, I said that -- the election twice: from Al Gore and then from John Kerry I made a vow that the entirety of the GOP could go to hell. After seeing the smirking mother fu**ers at the GOP convention for Bush Jrs second term, smirking because they had ****ing bandaids on their saggy fat faces to mock John Kerry’s metals for bravery, I branded my soul as an anti-Republican and considered that brand the same as being anti-nazi, anti-fascist, and anti-KKK-racist.

There’s my journey from Nixon to Bernie and, of course, to AOC, whom I love like a doting and proud father might love his most intelligent, compassionate, and beautiful daughter. (Had to get that last bit in there because I am a huge admirer of this woman who I hope to be able to vote into the WH some day, if I live long enough.)

:thatsright:

Traildogbob (2,516 posts)

4. Patriots?

The real Patriots draped in a flag come home dead in a box from war. These assholes draping themselves in the flag are a disgrace. There are rules about how that flag should not be abused. That is one of them.

:bird:

ad121rome (57 posts)

9. National Service

Thank you for your service. I also was drafted but could not pass the physical, my loss. I think we need to restore the draft, everyone is included. We can all service our country in some fashion for at least two years. If you serve longer then offer reduced rate college or trade school after you complete your service. At least then we would all know what real service to the country is about and be extra careful about war mongering.

Pepsidog (4,283 posts)

13. I hate that song, it's the White Nationalist anthem. Fake patriots.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bouncy-ball tale: My Brother's rant on FB
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »
Does anyone remember JFK's speech, "Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

That's rather curious, a primitive saying that.

I mean, aren't the primitives always the ones talking about what the government should do for, give, them, with nary a mention of their obligation to contribute to the national treasury?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »
Pepsidog (4,283 posts)

13. I hate that song, it's the White Nationalist anthem. Fake patriots.

I suppose you prefer W.A.P. by cardi b instead, isnt that right pepsidawg....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 04:51:58 PM »

I mean, aren't the primitives always the ones talking about what the government should do for, give, them, with nary a mention of their obligation to contribute to the national treasury?
Yeah.  I think JFK would be considered a right wing nazi today by most of the population at the DUmp.

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 05:10:27 PM »

JFK would be a conservative in today's world.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 05:32:38 PM »
I suppose you prefer W.A.P. by cardi b instead, isnt that right pepsidawg....

W.A.P. = Worship And Prayer
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 08:25:08 AM »
If anything resembling the rant was posted to FB, it's been uncreatively edited and embellished. The "man who has NEVER done anything for this country except cheat and steal from anyone who's path he's crossed" was actually Joe Biden and facts replaced with Prog stereotypes, jargon, and talking-points. What makes it ovious that it's probably 100% fauxny or mirror-imaged is that, like so many in-artful :bouncy:-tale spinners, Star Member flotsam larded it with too many irrelevant details in an effort to make the :bouncy:-tale sound genuine. Made-up or mirror-image-edited, it's fauxny.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 08:51:53 AM »
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 12:38:04 PM »
I wonder what kind of ‘metals’ John Kerry earned?

Having said that, I heard on the radio the other day that Joe Biden had the same amount of deferments Donald Trump had that kept him from going to Vietnam.

I haven’t looked it up yet, but can we start calling him ‘Bone Spurs Biden’ yet?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 08:23:17 AM »
Nazi and racist only counts as one point now since they are used interchangeably.   If he put them into to two different sentences he might have been able to score 2 bouncy points.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 10:27:20 AM »
I wonder what kind of ‘metals’ John Kerry earned?

Having said that, I heard on the radio the other day that Joe Biden had the same amount of deferments Donald Trump had that kept him from going to Vietnam.

I haven’t looked it up yet, but can we start calling him ‘Bone Spurs Biden’ yet?

KC

he supposedly had asthma, but if you dare to refer to him as ASSthma biden you will be cancelled by the left for using someone's medical condition against them.

Police lives matter.