Author Topic: Leftists hate SCOTUS...try to project that everyone hates SCOTUS  (Read 248 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215970299

Star Member turbinetree (20,906 posts)

Americans no longer have faith in the US supreme court. That has justices worried

Russ Feingold

Our highest court is facing a legitimacy crisis and is in desperate need of reform. And yet, due to the deadlock that seems to be Congress these days, I too often hear the rebuke to US supreme court reform, “None of these reforms will happen, so what is the point of talking about them?”

This defeatist argument fails to recognize a pivotal audience who surely hears the growing public calls for urgent reform – the supreme court itself.

We need only look to the number of justices who have felt the need recently to speak up on behalf of the court, in an attempt to justify its egregious abuse of judicial norms and processes, to know the justices are listening.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/21/americans-no-longer-have-faith-in-the-us-supreme-court-that-has-justices-worried

-snip-

The justices, through their own actions and words, have demonstrated their vulnerability to public pressure in support of court reform. Turns out, justices do not like being told they have no clothes on.

As the court delves into its new term, it should have no doubt that all eyes will be upon it. If they want to escape it, rather than hoping the press will be cowed into submission, the justices of the court might consider fulfilling the mission of the institution they embody, by upholding constitutional rights and respecting judicial norms.

They're citing an opinion piece that cites a poll that I had never heard of before....
The opinion piece is by FeinGold a 2 time Senate Loser... other than that, I don't know much about this leftist twit....

Star Member SWBTATTReg (16,491 posts)

1. Maybe they should have thought about some of their rulings first long and hard, before they

tainted the waters w/ their one-sided judgments, their late night doings, etc.? They have only themselves to blame and what they have done is tainted the respect of this institution, making it less likely that anyone is going to pay attention anymore to the Supreme Court. A joke, by the way.

As opposed to say.... making a new "constitutional right" to abortion based on the right to privacy?

abqtommy (11,882 posts)

2. I'll be getting my flying pony before...

..."the justices of the court might consider fulfilling the mission of the institution they embody, by upholding constitutional rights and respecting judicial norms."

What Constitutional Rights are not being upheld? And Judicial Norms? At one time, wasn't "separate but equal" a judicial norm? Why aren't they mad that that judicial norm changed?

lagomorph777 (26,771 posts)

3. If they don't want to be accused of extremist partisan judicial activism,

...they could maybe stop behaving as extremist partisan judicial activists.

We need to add 4 Justices and at least stanch the bleeding.

LMAO If they're not hard core Commie Supporters then they must be extremist partisans.... these DUmmies.... I swear... idiots all of them.

Ziggysmom (967 posts)

8. I wish Russ Feingold was still our Wisconsin Senator.

Instead we have Ron Johnson; the puke that said he wasn't afraid of tRumps January 6th terrorists because they love this country.

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

DFW jumps in to do some name dropping...
Response to Ziggysmom (Reply #8)Thu Oct 21, 2021, 04:08 PM
Star Member DFW (44,370 posts)

16. So do I!!!!

I had the chance to talk to him for a little over half an hour during the summer of 2016, and thought, how could Wisconsin NOT send this man back to the Senate? We found out, didn't we?

Then didn't send him back because he was an idiot....

Star Member WHITT (1,882 posts)

12. If They Use The Missouri Case

to de facto overturn Roe, Biden should hold a presser at say 4:30PM, and introduce four new judges, not to nominate them, but state as of 5PM, they are APPOINTED to the SCOTUS.

Fantasy Land DUmmy dreaming again....

Star Member NurseJackie (41,414 posts)

13. We need 13 USSC Justices. (All appointed by Biden or Harris)

Wait... even in fantasy land... why would Harris be appointing a justice to SCOTUS?

LogicFirst (290 posts)

15. Time to face reality.

Whether something is constitutional is all a matter of opinion, and right now we have 6 Republican opinions. I'll be surprised if they don't do away with Miranda.

This DUmmie realizes the truth of what SCOTUS is... but is whiny about it because there aren't 6 super leftist commies on the court to fabricate new rights and take away old ones....

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
Re: Leftists hate SCOTUS...try to project that everyone hates SCOTUS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 04:04:12 PM »
lagomorph777 (26,775 posts)
10. They care because public outrage may force reforms,

which could reduce their power and therefore the ability to demand bribes.
What is this DUmbass even talking about?  :mental:
WHITT (1,882 posts)
12. If They Use The Missouri Case

to de facto overturn Roe, Biden should hold a presser at say 4:30PM, and introduce four new judges, not to nominate them, but state as of 5PM, they are APPOINTED to the SCOTUS.
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Re: Leftists hate SCOTUS...try to project that everyone hates SCOTUS
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 06:49:24 PM »
aggiesal (6,609 posts)

44. The (D) Presidential Candidate has won the popular vote in 7 of last 8 Presidential elections ...

yet (D) Presidents have only seated 4 of the last 9 justices.
2 each by Clinton & Obama.

Going back to Nixon, (D) Presidents have only seated 4 of the last 18 justices.
2 each by Clinton & Obama. Carter never made an appointment to SCOTUS.

My suggestion to fix SCOTUS is the following.
1) Increase number from 9 to 13 (6 Liberal, 6 Conservative, 1 Chief Justice)
2) Each case will only use 9 randomly selected justices with provisions from section 3) below.
This is done at the Appellate level, I'm sure at other levels as well, so why not
the Supreme Court?
3) The majority will be based on the WH Administration
Liberal administration (i.e. Democratic) has a 5-4 Liberal leaning majority
Conservative administration (i.e. Republican) has a 5-4 Conservative leaning majority
This way, the administration that gets voted into the WH, will determine the
balance of the court for the period in office.
4) This brings up the issue if a Supreme Court Justice dies/retires with leaning opinions
opposite the current administration. For example, if Justice Thomas retires, Biden would
then have to nominate a conservative justice. But Biden doesn't have to nominate a conservative
justice so far right as Thomas. Biden would nominate a conservative justice closer to the
middle of the spectrum. Same could have happened with Pendejo45. Replacing RBG with
another Liberal, but someone closer to the middle than RBG.
This would have eliminated the leanings of Amy Comey Barrett.

This removes the ability of the court to lean in any direction for 10-20 years,
like we have right now, unless we vote for administrations that lean in the same
direction for all those years.

So, YES! We should increase the court to 13, but only 9 judges would sit and hear the case.
Leaning in whatever the direction the White House wants.

To the victor goes the spoils.

Hey DUmmie... to the victor goes the spoils is how we have the make up of SCOTUS we have now... The leftists lost the Senate and couldn't get Garland Confirmed... Then Trump won the Presidency, the right retained the Senate... So we got Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Comey-Barret...

As you said, to the victor goes the spoil....

the rest of that post is just whackadoodle magical thinking nonsense.