Author Topic: Manchin and Sinema show how our Constitution is screwing us.  (Read 419 times)

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
Manchin and Sinema show how our Constitution is screwing us.
« on: October 21, 2021, 02:49:16 PM »
Star Member Cyrano (13,162 posts)

The population of the United States is about 320 million people. Two of those people are determined to **** everyone.

The Senate is not a democratic institution. California has a population of about 40 million people. Wyoming has a population of somewhere around a dozen people, yet both states have two senators.

It's in the Constitution that each state is entitled to two senators. This was decided by those who wrote the Constitution so that smaller states wouldn't be steamrolled by larger states. (It was a compromise to get the smaller states to vote for the Constitution.)

Turns out it's the smaller states that are doing the steamrolling.

It's been said many times that the Constitution is not a suicide pact. Perhaps it is.

Two shits from two different states are telling hundreds of millions of Americans to **** off. Their children, their spouses, the lives of all of them are meaningless. We're talking about people who respond only to their donors/owners, -- Sinema, Manchin and so many others.

How do we change this? How do we fix it? How do we escape the insanity of a minority of Americans? Let me know when you have the answer.

In the meantime, everything Manchin and Sinema are doing is aiding and abetting the American Nazi Party which most people still refer to as Republicans.

We are a broken country. But, as long as the Democratic Party has the presidency and a razor thin majority in the congress, we have a long shot at saving democracy. But this opportunity won't last for long. The clock is running and the Republicans are doing everything in their power to run it out, -- with the help of Manchin and Sinema.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215970105
Cyrano, quick lesson for you. The senate represents the states, not the people. The population of WY compared to CA means nothing. I will say watching Sens. Manchin and Sinema frustrate you and your DUmp monkey cohorts on a near daily basis brings me nothing but joy.  :-)
Star Member brooklynite (73,142 posts)
2. The single chamber legislature you desire..

Would have overturned ACA in 2010, and probably would repeal the Voting Rights Act.
Hey, get that logic out of here. Don't you know where you're posting.
Star Member AZProgressive (28,145 posts)
5. We could abolish the Senate

Which is unlikely or adding states such as DC and Puerto Rico and even if they elect Republicans I doubt they would be like ex-confederate states.

Abolishing the Senate has been proposed before
That's more like it.
world wide wally (20,327 posts)
9. We do NOT have a democracy in the USA.

A real democracy goes by the adage "Majority rules". Wyoming has as many Senators as New York or California and less than 1/5 as many people or voters. On top of that, we have the filibuster which means that one Senator can over rule the will of 300 million people on a whim.
It's time for REAL change in this country.
Guess what DUmbass, we're not a democracy. The US is a constitutional republic. Feel free to keep crying about it though, I'm sure that'll change things.  :lmao:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Manchin and Sinema show how our Constitution is screwing us.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 02:57:31 PM »
The Constitution allows you pinheads to pass your policies on your states while leaving the rest of us alone.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:06:10 PM »
The population of the United States is about 320 million people. Two of those people are determined to **** everyone.

I'll explain this for the billionth time.

It is not two senators who are holding up legislation; it is fifty-two.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 03:10:50 PM »

Ya but math and DUmmies don't get along.
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 03:21:04 PM »
I've watched Cryano for, I believe, more than ten years now and his growing paranoia has been perceptible.

I think it's almost time he was put away for his own good.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 03:31:57 PM »
I've watched Cryano for, I believe, more than ten years now and his growing paranoia has been perceptible.

I think it's almost time he was put away for his own good.

But that could take away some serious entertainment value for us....

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 03:41:05 PM »
The Constitution allows you pinheads to pass your policies on your states while leaving the rest of us alone.

That says it all.  And if you don't like your home state's policies, vote with your feet.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 03:46:57 PM »
More moonbat elitism.  "We could fix the world if you plebes would just let us do whatever we want to you.  But, noooo, you big babies want us to convince enough people and go through proper channels and procedures.  WE KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU!!!11!!!!  OBEY AND BE HAPPY!!!1!!1!1" 

If your ideas were so great, it should be no problem to present them and their benefits and get people to support them.  If you have to force your ideas on people, maybe the problem isn't the people. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 03:56:02 PM »
 :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn: I take it DUpipo are whining about the Senate again because they didn't get their way. :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:

The Senate was designed to hinder tyranny by a few populous states.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 05:49:53 PM »
Turns out it's the smaller states that are doing the steamrolling

Stopping you from doing what you want isn't steamrolling, DUmpass.

Steamrolling would be if that one small state imposed ITS chosen policy on the entier nation.

Kind of like the tiny handful of gays and gender disphoria sufferers attempt to do daily, of which you approve.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 06:43:02 PM »
Quote from: DUMMY
The Senate is not a democratic institution.

And for the billionth time, the United States is a representative Republic.  Designed since our founding to prevent large states from imposing their will on smaller ones.

Fruitless endeavor to argue over why it is, which in fact is eminently fair.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender