Author Topic: Why Are People Really Leaving Their Jobs?  (Read 310 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Why Are People Really Leaving Their Jobs?
« on: October 19, 2021, 06:45:12 PM »
Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (73,404 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215964568

Why Are People Really Leaving Their Jobs? The Whole Reason Can Be Summed Up in 4 Words

A new study reveals what may be driving employee turnover during the Great Resignation.

As the "Great Resignation" continues to rock companies across industries, employers are searching for answers.

Higher pay, Covid burnout, and a lack of career development opportunities have been cited as factors. But that's not the whole story.

Explorance, a leader in Experience Management (XM) solutions, recently commissioned a survey of 2,000 U.S. part- and full-time employed adults to probe the hidden drivers behind the sudden employee exodus.

Four words: Feedback that goes unheard

The survey found that a majority of employees are eager to share feedback with employers and do so in the hopes of driving positive change in their workplace. However, employees -- including many executives -- feel that all too often their feedback goes unheard and does not result in meaningful change.

:yawn:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Why Are People Really Leaving Their Jobs?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 06:59:03 PM »
Not if they want to stay in business.

Before I sold my company of 30+ years, I made it a point to listen to my employees suggestions. Some were worthwhile, most were not. But you never knew from whom a good idea could start.

The way people are today, I would guess most offer suggestions of how to improve their little corner of the workplace without taking into consideration how it will effect others. I would expect that the "woke" generation would excel in that type of work ethic and viewpoint. And when they don't get what they want, they put it down as being "unheard". Sorta like when the left gets in power they believe everyone should just accept what they want to do without any opposition. IOW, they're children.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 09:58:13 PM »
I had a job improving machinery in a factory. If the worker that was directly using the machinery didn't like the changes, it would mysteriously break in 2 to 3 weeks. I made it a point to go talk with them before the design work started. I would ask what could be improved in that spot. Just the act of asking them gave them ownership of the process and they liked the new changes. Their ideas were easy to accommodate in the new design most of the time
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 07:56:15 AM »
Good management is not, IMO, Star Moron Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin's point. I think she is conjuring up a perennial problem as an excuse for LIEden's OhBummer! Malaise 2.0.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 08:41:28 AM »
There's a saying that applies here....

Bad jobs don't make people quit. Bad managers make people quit.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 08:54:46 AM »
Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (73,404 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215964568

Why Are People Really Leaving Their Jobs? The Whole Reason Can Be Summed Up in 4 Words

(1)Because (2)They (3)Are (4)Lazy
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 09:18:30 AM »

Let's cut the shit. People are quitting because the government has created the expectation that it will send checks. All of these conditions existed before COVID. It's just that the stupid govt is removing all incentives to work, period.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.