Author Topic: F.B.I. Said to Have Singled Out Potential Assailant in Capitol Officer's Death  (Read 452 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Eugene (50,748 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215162880

F.B.I. Said to Have Singled Out Potential Assailant in Capitol Officer's Death
Source: New York Times

F.B.I. Said to Have Singled Out Potential Assailant in Capitol Officer’s Death

The death of the officer, Brian Sicknick, after the Capitol riot has been a major focus for investigators scrutinizing the attack by a pro-Trump mob.

By Katie Benner and Adam Goldman
Feb. 26, 2021
Updated 6:12 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. has pinpointed an assailant in its investigation into the death of Brian D. Sicknick, a Capitol Police officer who was injured while fending off the pro-Trump mob that stormed the Capitol last month and later died, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the inquiry.

The F.B.I. opened a homicide investigation into Officer Sicknick’s death soon after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Investigators initially struggled to determine what had happened as he fought assailants. They soon began to suspect his death was related to an irritant, like mace or bear spray, that he had inhaled during the riot. Both officers and rioters were armed with such irritants during the attack.

In a significant breakthrough in the case, investigators have now pinpointed a person seen on video of the riot who attacked several officers with bear spray, including Officer Sicknick, according to the officials. And video evidence shows that the assailant discussed attacking officers with the bear spray beforehand, one of the officials said.

While investigators narrowed potential suspects seen in video footage to a single person this week, they have yet to identify the assailant by name.

-snip-
This is tyhe officer brutally murdered by a NAZI Trumpist who bashed the officer's head in with the fire extinguisher... killing him on the floor of the CONGRESS!!!

:whatever:

oh... wait...   yeah... that never happened...

Star Member LakeArenal (16,506 posts)

1. Uh oh... Lock him up... for life.

Star Member MontanaMama (16,630 posts)

3. I want justice for Officer Sicknick.

I cannot imagine the pain his family has experienced as a result of his murder.

Star Member jpak (39,829 posts)

4. Let the pants shitting begin!

The Deep State is gonna git U!!

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

"Bear spray" is an extra potent version of pepper spray. It's a potent irritant but that Sicknick phoned his family from his office and told them he was OK basically proves the "bear spray" was not the cause of his death. Neither are within the ability of someone suffering respiratory distress.

IF one of the rioters used bear spray against a human, that would be assault, but not assault with a deadly weapon. So if you want an indicator of how much the prosecutions will be politicized, watch how this guy is charged, if he exists. Anything more serious than assault and similar riot-related charges means politicization and an attempt to intimidate the guy into pleading guilty to a lesser charge.

That assumes he didn't use the 5.56 mm wild-pig-exploding bear spray.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.