Author Topic: Tiger isn't "lucky to be alive" the rest of us are lucky he didn't kill someone  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100215152356

Well this one is a fun thread.   :-)

JT45242 (453 posts)

Tiger isn't "lucky to be alive" the rest of us are lucky he didn't kill someone innocent

I am sickened by the lack of responsibility of the news coverage of Tiger Woods.

One look at the pictures of the crime scene and it is obvious that he was going over 100 MPH before he crossed traffic and flipped the car. (Took some classes in forensic science including car wrecks many moons ago)

This asshat was on a public highway driving over 100 mph. He showed no regard for the little people on the road; he wanted to go fast. This is not surprising to me as his complete lack of concern for little people has been ignored his whole career.

Tiger learned at a young age -- it is OK to be a jerk to little people (waiters, bell boys, etc) as long as you were nice to the press. He is the ANTI-STEVE CARLTON. Steve was reportedly nice to all the clubhouse staff, ball boys, waiters, etc (I know some from when he played. They said he was kind to them). But Steve refused to talk to the media so they painted him as a villain. Tiger is always nice to the media. BUT was notorious for how poorly he treated the little people. I know hotel staff, restaurant staff, etc who were berated, stiffed on huge bills with no tip, by Tiger. But he always put on a smile and joked with reporters so he got a free pass.

If this weren't Covid times, how many cars would have been on the road that he might have hit?

Add to that all the REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS from yesterday that got relegated to the second or later segments on local news : the bombshells from the hearings, the Covid bill, etc. and once again the ineptitude of the press just infuriates me. On second thought, it is more pandering than ineptitude -- they want viewers to show advertisers. More calculation than stupidity.
tside the family
I am grateful that no one was hurt by him. I feel no sympathy for him as I am a little person that he would have berated if he had chosen to come to the store down the street from the hotel that the golfers stayed at when the tour was in town when I was working. I know he blasted a co-worker over some perceived problem that was unreasonable for a corner convenience store.

My sister was permanently disabled by a reckless drunk driver -- not sure if he was drunk, on pain meds, or just plain reckless -- I am just grateful that no other family has to deal with the aftermath of Tiger's wreck.

We got an expert up in here AND he evidently knows people who know people!

I wanted to grab this one post below from MM for obvious reasons.

MineralMan (136,497 posts)

25. Yes, the outcome was better than it might have been.

However, for someone you never met, you have extreme contempt, all based on hearsay information.

I can see no point to your diatribe against the man. Perhaps you should reexamine your vehement opinion of him, considering that you never experienced any of the things you describe.

Did you offer the same to Trump?  No?  Why not?  All anyone ever had on him was hearsay, and I seriously doubt you ever met the man, let alone got to know him.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Hmm, clearly a racist DUmmy who hates successful black people.

"Tigger" had a renowned reputation for a lack of generosity to the general public, unlike many professional athletes especially golfers.  And I especially find the comparison with Hall of Fame pitcher Steve Carlton interesting.  Carlton at one point became a pariah on the left for John Birch society leaning views and expressing anti Semitic views.

Woods is in the group of clearly amazing athletes I always found it difficult to root for.  Including Tom Brady, LeBron James, a number of others.  Of course I never would wish him no ill will, and this DUmmy is as usual conflating his hatred to find reasons to hate Tiger, a rich black guy.  Excuse me, a "Cablanasian".
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 04:55:49 PM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
This is a continuation of the ongoing Skin's island theme since 2001 that all news should be only information that moves the liberal authoritarian (pardon the redundancy) agenda forward. Tigers' wreck took up space that should only be reserved for highlighting how wonderful Dems/libs/progs and their political ideas truly are, so you get the whining about "all the REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS from yesterday that got relegated to the second or later segments".

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline I_B_Perky

"Tigger" had a renowned reputation for a lack of generosity to the general public, unlike many professional athletes especially golfers.  And I especially find the comparison with Hall of Fame pitcher Steve Carlton interesting.  Carlton at one point became a pariah on the left for John Birch society leaning views and expressing anti Semitic views.

Woods is in the group of clearly amazing athletes I always found it difficult to root for.  Including Tom Brady, LeBron James, a number of others.  Of course I never would wish him no ill will, and this DUmmy is as usual conflating his hatred to find reasons to hate Tiger, a rich black guy.  Excuse me, a "Cablanasian".

:-)

Personally I think golf is liking watching paint dry on a humid day.  I'll give tiger credit, he was a good golfer back in the day. Other than that, the less I hear about him or any other golfer the better I like it.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 06:02:15 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline YupItsMe

Personally I think golf is liking watching paint dry on a humid day. I'll give tiger credit, he was a good golfer back in the day. Other than that, the less I hear about him or any other golfer the better I like it.

You have to watch a match Bill Murray plays in.  :)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Personally I think golf is liking watching paint dry on a humid day.  I'll give tiger credit, he was a good golfer back in the day. Other than that, the less I hear about him or any other golfer the better I like it.

Being a George Carlin aficionado, he compared golf to watching flies have sex (obviously he used a more amusing vulgar term).
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Being a George Carlin aficionado, he compared golf to watching flies have sex (obviously he used a more amusing vulgar term).

I'm more like Samuel Clemmons when it comes to golf;  Golf is a good walk ruined.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Tiger was driving a brand new 'loaner', filled with gadgets and gizmos... in an unfamiliar (to him) hillside neighborhood on a 38-to-40-degree downgrade.  Someone who lives in LA can tell ya there's zero way Tiger was going over 100-mph.  He was probably doing half-that.

Offline DLR Pyro

Im glad tiger survived and will recover,  but am tired of the wall to wall coverage of this story on the news. I mean, if any of us had been in a wreck after driving wrecklessly, would tiger have gives any ****s about our well being?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

Im glad tiger survived and will recover,  but am tired of the wall to wall coverage of this story on the news. I mean, if any of us had been in a wreck after driving wrecklessly, would tiger have gives any ****s about our well being?

The MSM need something to occupy the time that might otherwise have to be spent covering Cuomo's fall.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals

The libs are conflicted over Tigger because he played golf with Donald Trump, however he also played golf with Obozo.  Hate or love?  Tough choice for them.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it

Mmm as you say. I think we may well have the same list. Overbearing, overhyped, egotistical slobs.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!