Author Topic: Doug's ex-wife explains Yugo Chavez to the other primitives  (Read 1813 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3559892

Oh my.

In case anyone's wondering, Doug's ex-wife gets her ass handed to her on a platter, by the other primitives.

sabbat hunter  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 01:55 PM
Original message

Chavez blacklists opposition candidates

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=105&sid=1409341

President Hugo Chavez defended Venezuela's top anti-corruption official on Tuesday for barring roughly 400 potential candidates _ most from the opposition _ from running in upcoming elections.

Chavez railed against his opponents for verbally attacking Comptroller General Clodosbaldo Russian, who has unveiled a blacklist prohibiting some of the opposition's most prominent leaders from participating in November state and municipal elections.

"I urge support for these dignified patriots heading state institutions, and special backing for the republic's comptroller general, Clodosbaldo Russian," said Chavez, speaking to soldiers and supporters during a military parade. "He makes decisions in accordance with the law and they attack him."

None of the potential candidates appearing on the list has been formally charged with a crime, but Russian says the law bars people from seeking office while facing corruption probes.

The list has prompted an outcry from critics who argue the ban is politically motivated and illegal. Opposition candidates on the list have led street protests and urged the Supreme Court to throw out Russian's list.

It's only a medium-sized bonfire, but I'm lazy today.

So only a few comments of primitives selected at random:

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 01:59 PM
Response to Original message

2. I'm confused. Does the law prohibit them from running or does Chavez?

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 02:03 PM
Response to Reply #3

6. Great. Do you have a link for that that isn't physically painful?

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 02:31 PM
Response to Reply #13

18. You mean like the Seigelman case?

Thank goodness we live in America.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 02:48 PM
Response to Reply #16

21. There's no need to defend Chavez on the way the piece is written because he didn't write it.

Do you think if anyone from his party was under the same ban that it would be published? I don't expect that kind of even handed reporting, that's for sure, from the same outlet that promoted the idea that the last vote wasn't going to be monitored when it was.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 03:05 PM
Response to Reply #22

24. You draw your numbers from the reporting, obviously.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 03:18 PM
Response to Reply #27

28. I have some feelers out and I don't at present have better or different numbers.

All I have is the experience that these claims are usually both inflated AND twisted like balloons made into animal figures for childrens' parties.

When I get either confirming information or a different account, I'll post it here.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 03:24 PM
Response to Reply #29

30. Well, I did last January after the referendum went against Chavez.

It's better to know what's real than to believe your own bad self.

Wow.  The above, from the reality-challenged Doug's ex-wife.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 03:51 PM
Response to Reply #32

34. Half of my interest in this story is following hunches on media manipulation.

And not just about Chavez at all -- we see it all the time on the list of top ten topics like illegal immigration and Iran and attacks on Democrats. These stories make a big splash and by the time they are corrected, nobody is listening or cares.

Remember -- illegal immigrants started the wild fires in CA last year -- except, they didn't. Illegal immigrants were pilfering emergency supplies -- except, they didn't. Illegal immigrants attacked a schoolgirl for making a poster -- except, they didn't. And so on. So, while I am biased toward the Chavez government and I own that, that's really only half of my interest. The other commensurate part is to see how the media tries to play us like violins and how the average person with a keyboard might figure that out.

In the case of the referendum, the Chavez opposition didn't seem to know who it would turn out -- their election systems are pretty clean. So there was a huge effort mounted in the U.S. press (and also, in Venezuela) to portray the election as flawed and dirty. (This was just a small part of the media blitz but a good illustration.) The State Department held a press conference and claimed the voting wouldn't be monitored. This claim went out via the NYTs, the Chicago Trib and other lesser outlets. In reality, the NAACP and other orgs like it were monitoring. If you had the time to check out these claims, you knew better. If not, you didn't know better. I corresponded with the reporter at the Trib and he basically said, that was the State Department's claim and no, he didn't root around to double check.

When Chavez lost, all claims to a bad process were dropped -- instantly. lol

So, for my anyway, it's just as much about learning how we're manipulated by the media as it is about anything else.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 02:45 PM
Response to Reply #17

20. I'm trying to locate the actual law that is being invoked here.

If anything turns up, I'll post it.

But I notice that this article is about blaming Chavez as if Venezuela isn't a nation of laws -- which is par for the course in the American press.

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 02:24 PM
Response to Reply #12

15. I'm not so much concerned with defending someone who doesn't need it but I like unpacking these stories -- to see how they're put together, ya know?

sfexpat2000  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 03:06 PM
Response to Reply #23

25. The good news is that most of the world doesn't read the American press.

Oh my.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: Doug's ex-wife explains Yugo Chavez to the other primitives
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 03:30:37 PM »
Something gives me the idea that she would drop to her knees in front of Hugo without being asked, what a maroon. :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »
Something gives me the idea that she would drop to her knees in front of Hugo without being asked, what a maroon. :mental:

It does sound like she is his personal Minister of Blowjobs, doesn't it?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 04:25:02 AM »

It does sound like she is his personal Minister of Blowjobs, doesn't it?

SHouldn't that be "Minister of Fellatio?"  (I am not putting the "tongue" simile here.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »
One has to remember some things about Doug's ex-wife.

Doug's ex-wife, who is nearly 53 years old, at times has alleged to be of Hispanic, specifically El Salvadorean or somesuch, derivation.

Which of course is nonsense; photographs of herself that she has herself posted on the internet show her likely to be of northern Mediterranic derivation, which is a far ways from Central America.

In fact, she looks more northern Mediterranic than Sophia Loren or Catherine d'Medici.

Doug's ex-wife came of age about the time of the famous "lettuce boycott" of circa 40 years ago; the lettuce boycott was an issue dominated by those of Hispanic derivation and Berkeley academics.

For one paragraph here, I'm going to have to speculate--it's possible Doug's ex-wife's father, not of Hispanic derivation, when Doug's ex-wife was a little lass, denigrated or mistreated people of Hispanic descent out in California, and because possibly he didn't like them, Doug's ex-wife in a fit of adolescent rebellion, decided to like them.

Okay, back on to solid ground.  Doug's ex-wife has some sort of "daddy" problem, which is obvious in many of her comments around bonfires on Skins's island.

Doug's ex-wife is a lapsed Catholic, but as the nocturnally foul one here knows, once a Catholic, one cannot erase one's past.  It's true that in a spasm, a fit, of Hate, one can distort values, such as what the mike_c primitive has done with the truth and values instilled in him as a little lad in Kansas.

And thus Doug's ex-wife.

One of the sharpest differences between Catholics on one hand, and Protestants and Jews on the other, is that while Protestants and Jews believe it is their moral obligation to make the lot of the suffering easier, Catholics tend to believe it is their moral obligation to not ameliorate, but to share in, the sufferings of others.

Doug's ex-wife, in the finest of Catholic traditions, wishes to suffer with the suffering; but as she's not really one of them, she really can't.

However, Doug's ex-wife has a certain advantage most people don't have.

Doug's ex-wife has a mind that can delude her into thinking she's one of them.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »
The lengths they go to to try and convince others that Marxists, like Chavez, are fair and honest pols and that their political asparations are pure and holy know no boundries.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »
What the hell do they think Chavez is doing with the military junk that fool is buying? Obsolete ships, tanks, small arms, obsolete jet fighters, ETC ETC all ex-CCCP? He's gearing up for an offensive war. Tho that seems to have quited doen a little, he wants the oil cross border, and like Saddam, will  invade to get it.  How will/do they rationalize the armorment?