Author Topic: Catholic primitives hide from the other Hate-filled primitives  (Read 1138 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12211831

Oh my.

KitSileya (1,532 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 02:50 PM

White smoke - Habemus Papam

I'm watching live from Rai Uno, we still don't know who it will bw. The thread in LBN is way too caustic for me, so I'm going to start a thread here instead.

Psssst, primitives--if you want to vent your usual Hate and bigotry and intolerance, you can find this in the Catholic forum on Skins's island.

CBHagman (13,807 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 02:58 PM

1. I'm watching the live feed...

...but we're still all waiting.

KitSileya (1,532 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 03:06 PM

2. Yeah, just watching the Swiss Guard for now....

I'm a rather devout and liturgically conservative Catholic, but I don't expect DU agree with me. I had hoped for some respect, tho', but I can understand the animosity. I hope the Church will accept homosexuality, and equal marriage, as well as contraception at least, in time, but women priests and married clergy is not important to me, nor is divorce.

KitSileya (1,532 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 03:18 PM

3. Jorge Maria Bergoglio, Pope Francis

Breaking precedent on name, and first from S. america (Argentine).

Kingofalldems (10,769 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 03:26 PM

4. A Jesuit.

hedgehog (29,872 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 03:59 PM

6. A Black pope!

UrbScotty (21,983 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:19 PM

7. No, but he's Hispanic!

hedgehog (29,872 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:23 PM

8. The head of the Jesuit order is traditionally referred to as the Black Pope - so technically he is not the Black Pope, but I don't know if there has ever been a Jesuit Pope!

UrbScotty (21,983 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:26 PM

9. Ah, I see. Well, he is the first Jesuit Pope!

Brigid (9,965 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 03:34 PM

5. Pope Francis.

God's blessings on you, Holy Father.

^^^probably not long on Skins's island, once the Hate-filled primitives see that.

mykpart (3,840 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:57 PM

10. So is the name Francis to honor

St. Francis of Assisi or St. Francis Xavier?

CBHagman (13,807 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 06:28 PM

11. Or Francis de Sales?

Or someone else neither of us is thinking of?

demosincebirth (8,680 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 07:13 PM

12. Assisi.

I dare not go to LBN, at least for a week. I'll be lurking on Democrats for Progress in the time being.

^^^franksolich doesn't blame.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: Catholic primitives hide from the other Hate-filled primitives
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »
UrbScotty (21,983 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:19 PM

7. No, but he's Hispanic!

He is of Italian descent, but is from Argentina.  He should be accorded the same respect that African-Americans demand here.  :fuelfire:

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:36 PM »
I have made it clear that I am an agnostic that laments the fact that I lack faith. There was a period of time in my past when I attended church but it was a baptist church.

I have been watching the goings on with the conclave with great interest and have been trying to learn but I don't understand the surprise of electing a Jesuit.

Actually what I am more interested in is what is the Jesuit order?

Or rather I'd like to simplify my question, I'm not really looking for a dissertation, I'm suppose I am trying to understand why a Jesuit is such a surprise because I don't understand what a Jesuit is.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:40:25 PM by EagleKeeper »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
I have made it clear that I am an agnostic that laments the fact that I lack faith. There was a period of time in my past when I attended church but it was a baptist church.

I have been watching the goings on with the conclave with great interest and have been trying to learn but I don't understand the surprise of electing a Jesuit.

Here ya go . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Jesus
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »

Here is some more info.  I read it, but all I got out of it is that their Catholics that still follow Jesus and were once warriors for the Church.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14081a.htm

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

The Jesuits are, traditionally, the most-rigorously trained, the best-educated (almost all of them a Ph.D. in something), of all the priestly orders in the Church (Franciscans, Benedictines, Augustinians, whatnot).

Because they're super-cerebral, or supposedly so, others ascribe something sinister to that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Thanks guys, I will be reading what you have offered.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 08:56:13 PM »
Nads started a thread and it should answer any questions any of us have.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022502400

:-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »
Ok so I'm reading and probably if I just continue reading I could answer my question and no, the crazy bald dwarf aint going to be a source of answers for me.

The question I have is I understand the Jesuit order was an effort to counter protestant influence in the church, what were the protestants doing wrong according to the Jesuits?

I'm just asking, I know I just need to keep reading. 
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:45 PM »
<<<<<not a fan of the Jesuits, current Pope excluded, they remind me of arrogant elitists who would ultimately destroy the Church.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline kraven

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
Seriously LMAO at all the Dummy rage. Wahhhh, this new Pope is against homosexual sex and abortion!!! Well, duh! Those are the Tenants of the Catholic faith, Dummies. What were you expecting, someone representative of the Universal Unitardian "church"? :rofl:The Pope represents the Catholic faith. Ass ****ing-bad, baby killing-bad.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 02:10:00 AM »
The Jesuits are, traditionally, the most-rigorously trained, the best-educated (almost all of them a Ph.D. in something), of all the priestly orders in the Church (Franciscans, Benedictines, Augustinians, whatnot).

Because they're super-cerebral, or supposedly so, others ascribe something sinister to that.
The new pope has a masters in chemistry.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 04:19:40 AM »
The question I have is I understand the Jesuit order was an effort to counter protestant influence in the church, what were the protestants doing wrong according to the Jesuits?

Everything that wasn't Catholic.

Apologies for the supercilious response...as part of the protestant reformation almost every article of classical Christianity was challenged or repudiated at least somewhere, whereas the Jesuits stood (note the tense) for a firm and complete Catholicism which didn't cut bits out.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »

2. I'm a rather devout and liturgically conservative Catholic

If you are as faithful Catholic as you say, then how/why do you hang around the DUmmies.  Dummie Land is full of religion haters, any religion. 
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 08:27:13 AM »
KitSileya (1,532 posts)    Wed Mar 13, 2013, 03:06 PM

I'm a rather devout and liturgically conservative Catholic, but I don't expect DU agree with me. I had hoped for some respect, tho', but I can understand the animosity.

The deep-seeded conflictions in this primitive merit study.  Posts on one of the most caustic boards in existence.  Seeks respect, but doesn't expect any.  OK.  Claims liturgical conservatism yet, counts itself among the most anti-Catholic, social justice failure people on the planet.  Complete basket case.  

Heh!  Should have read the post RIGHT ABOVE MINE, first:

If you are as faithful Catholic as you say, then how/why do you hang around the DUmmies.  Dummie Land is full of religion haters, any religion. 

Exactly, hillneck.   :II:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »
I feel badly for this persecuted minority on the Island.  I feel like poor Kit is hiding in the attic.  Or in an underground railroad. 

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »

Jesuit colleges are academically and intellectually VERY rigorous.  That is serious study.  I stand in awe of someone that can obtain a degree from one of them.  Not me.  I know my limitations.   :-)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:51:32 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 09:16:25 AM »

I'm a rather devout and liturgically conservative Catholic, but I don't expect DU agree with me. I had hoped for some respect, tho', but I can understand the animosity. I hope the Church will accept homosexuality, and equal marriage, as well as contraception at least, in time, but women priests and married clergy is not important to me, nor is divorce.

This tripe from most Lib's just validates my belief that even as they say they a Catholic, they really have no clue.

DUmmie, you cannot pick and choose the "law" put forward by God. You should know this.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:53 AM »
Does this person not get that it wallows around in the most Godless,evil cesspool there is?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 10:10:08 AM »
This tripe from most Lib's just validates my belief that even as they say they a Catholic, they really have no clue.

DUmmie, you cannot pick and choose the "law" put forward by God. You should know this.

Exactly. Poor vicitimized little "ligurgically conservative" DUmmy KitSileya is a lying, hypocritical heathen.

The very existence of the modern democrat party is based on repudiation and hatred for every tenet of the Catholic faith.

Anyone claiming to be a democrat Catholic is either ignorant beyond belief, or the vilest sort of hypocrit.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
The deep-seeded conflictions in this primitive merit study.  Posts on one of the most caustic boards in existence.  Seeks respect, but doesn't expect any.  OK.  Claims liturgical conservatism yet, counts itself among the most anti-Catholic, social justice failure people on the planet.  Complete basket case.  

Thanks, well said yourself.  One thing about the DUmmies that gets under my skin more than anything is the way they go with whatever the popular Libturd talking point happens to be.  They have NO principles, morals, and/or convictions to stand for anything.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 12:12:27 PM »
Jesuit colleges are academically and intellectually VERY rigorous.  That is serious study.  I stand in awe of someone that can obtain a degree from one of them.  Not me.  I know my limitations.   :-)

Other half went to a Jesuit high school in Cincinnati... St Xavier's.  

I think his parents put him there, instead of Elder where his dad went, to make sure he didn't end up in jail. He liked mixing things together to see if they would go "boom".....  :whistling:

He ended up graduating with honors, double majored in college and grew up to be a responsible, quite conservative, mechanical engineer.  

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »

She's about as "devout" and "conservative" as Obama.

ETA: H5's given to you and GOBUCKS
Caught somewhere in time