Author Topic: First sequester bouncy from Pittstain.  (Read 881 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
First sequester bouncy from Pittstain.
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:53:21 PM »
WilliamPitt (53,766 posts)

Met a guy tonight who gets furloughed at midnight.

Last edited Fri Mar 1, 2013, 07:33 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)

Work(ed) for the National Parks Service.

Ever spent time with someone who just that day lost their job? Yeah, it was like that...and no one could tell him, "It'll be over soon," because who the hell knows when this will all get settled?

I am with the President on this. He is doing the right thing, and I pray to any and all listening gods that he stays the course.

This isn't just some bullshit DC theater. This is brinksmanship with actual flesh-and-blood consequences, both near and far. More than a thousand kids will find out they've been thrown off the rolls of Head Start when they wake up tomorrow in Massachusetts, and that's just one state...but if this goes wrong, that program and dozens like it (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid) will be gone forever, instead of just until this all gets settled.

The guy I met tonight is flat-****ed out-of-work no-pay furloughed until further notice. Millions will be flat-****ed screwed if this goes sideways in the long term.

This is not an intellectual exercise. This is flesh-and-blood real.

God damn the House GOP.

If there is a God, then God damn them.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022447936

:whatever:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: First sequester bouncy from Pittstain.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:02:43 PM »
You voted for it, dumpshit.

:ownit:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 10:20:04 PM »
I am with the President on this

Yeah, you f'ing lying moron, sequestration was your shoddy version of Horus' idea you stupid piece of bullcrap! Of course you are with the President on this one. You elected him. You are the reason your friend is losing his job.

And if your friend voted for Shoddy Horus then he should 0wn it!

This isn't just some bullshit DC theater.

This is nothing but bullshit DC theater you pedophiliac skid mark.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:33:45 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022447936

:whatever:

http://www.kcet.org/socal/socal_wanderer/national-park/a-sobering-memo-national-parks-prepare-for-sequestration.html

He's a liar:

Furloughs of Permanent Employees.  We are still finalizing our plans and assessing whether furloughs of NPS permanent employees will be required. Across the Department of the Interior, it is expected that thousands of permanent employees will be furloughed for up to 22 work days.  In the unfortunate event it comes to furloughs, all affected employees will be provided at least 30 days notice or in accordance with the designated representative collective bargaining agreement, as appropriate.  We continue to engage in discussions with employee unions to ensure that any furloughs are applied in an appropriate manner meeting agency mission requirements.  If you have questions on this issue, I encourage you to go to the Office of Personnel Management website, which has helpful information and answers to frequently asked questions regarding furloughs (found at www.opm.gov/furlough, under the "administrative furlough" section).

How could he know someone furloughed today when an article dated the 27th says that affected employees(even seasonal) will get 30 days notice? He said it starts at midnight. So which is it Pitt? Liar or did you just not bother to fact check OR did you not really listen to your 'friend' and what he/she was saying? BTW, this article was specifically about NPS employees.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »
I am with the President on this

*Holds Bostonian Drunkard up on his barstool and smacks him on forehead repeatedly*

It's was his idea, you lying, numbnuted f*ckstick.   

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »
http://www.kcet.org/socal/socal_wanderer/national-park/a-sobering-memo-national-parks-prepare-for-sequestration.html

He's a liar:

How could he know someone furloughed today when an article dated the 27th says that affected employees(even seasonal) will get 30 days notice? He said it starts at midnight. So which is it Pitt? Liar or did you just not bother to fact check OR did you not really listen to your 'friend' and what he/she was saying? BTW, this article was specifically about NPS employees.

Response to Leslie Valley (Reply #23)Fri Mar 1, 2013, 10:02 PM
Cerridwen (11,845 posts)
36. Or he was a "seasonal" hire and he was just told...

Or he was a "seasonal" hire and he was just told...the hiring freeze is on and no hiring for non-"mission critical" positions.

Or he was a student/intern hire and those are some of the first to go.

Or he was a contract hire and all non-"mission critical" contracts are cancelled/suspended/reduced or...

Take your pick.

There are myriad scenarios in which someone today who worked for the federal government is no longer working and getting paid.

Some are lay-offs, some are no contract renewal, some are pending furloughs and some new people don't know the difference between lay-off, furlough, sorry we can't hire you this season, and so on.

By whatever name it is, the pain trickles down.

I won't be back to play the semantic game with someone who quotes the wapo as valid reporting.

Welcome to DU.

See, there are a lot of reasonable explanations for pitstain's seemingly improbable encounter--if you're a gullible DUmmy, that is.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »
Any government drones who actually get laid off will be back very soon, and there's about a 99.5% chance they'll get their back pay.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:40 PM »
Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #28)
Fri Mar 1, 2013, 09:47 PM
4 t 4 (2,231 posts)

33. will he state his name so we can
start something to protest what is going on ? god this is sick, but I don't trust you either anymore.
Some DUmpmonkeys believe a Pitt bouncy tale is true.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »
Here ya go Pittstank. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022407557#post35

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:21 AM

Star Member kpete (38,287 posts)
WHO? I Will Tell You Who.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll677.xml

46 replies, 5697 views

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:52 PM

onenote (21,580 posts)
33. I get why you posted this, but it’s not really true.

View profile

Last edited Thu Feb 21, 2013, 04:00 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
The House passed S. 627, the Budget Control Act of 2011 by a 218-210 margin, with no Democratic support at the end of July. That bill, which contained a balanced budget requirement (and thus was anathema to Democrats) went to the Senate and died. It didn't become law. And the reason no Democrat voted for it wasn't the sequester, it was the balanced budget provision.

So, everyone went back to work and a revised bill (S.365), without the balanced budget language, was passed by the House on August 1st. That bill had the sequester language in it. And it passed by a vote of 269 to 161 with 95 Democrats voting aye (and an equal number voting nay). I vividly remember the House erupting in cheers when Gabby Giffords entered the chamber for the first time since being shot in order to cast her vote for the bill. The bill then was passed by a 74-26 margin in the Senate and became law. In the Senate, 46 Democrats and 28 Republicans voted aye and 19 Republicans and 7 Democrats voting nay.

Again, I get what the OP is trying to do, but people shouldn't be fooled into taking it too literally.

Response to Whisp (Reply #38)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:22 AM

onenote (21,580 posts)
43. The Democrats did vote for the sequester.

View profile

Last edited Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:24 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
Both sides did. Its neither a "repub" sequester or a Democratic sequester. It is and was a bi-partisan sequester.

As explained in other posts, the bill cited in the OP that did not get any Democratic votes was a version that included a balanced budget provision that was a deal breaker for the Demcorats. That bill passed the House with only repub votes, but died. The law that created the sequester was a different bill that dropped the balanced budget language and passed with the support of 95 Democrats in the House and 46 Democrats in the Senate. Neither chamber could muster a majority without votes from both parties.

Even after several corrections in the  thread, KPete never comes back to correct. Big shock. Doesn't matter if it's the truth or not,  it's all about the message.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 04:50:53 AM »
Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #28)
Fri Mar 1, 2013, 09:47 PM
4 t 4 (2,231 posts)

33. will he state his name so we can
start something to protest what is going on ? god this is sick, but I don't trust you either anymore.

Huh.  I guess 24 business hours finally came around.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 05:08:38 AM »

I wish my grandmother could multi task. She could of held on to the #sequester while the conservatives pushed her over the fiscal cliff

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 06:09:34 AM »
WilliamPitt (53,766 posts)

Met a guy tonight who gets furloughed at midnight...

...so I got him so drunk he ended up paying my bar tab and I took him home...this furlough thing could really work to my advantage [/Pitt mode]
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 07:08:09 AM »
See, there are a lot of reasonable explanations for pitstain's seemingly improbable encounter--if you're a gullible DUmmy, that is.

Yeah, nice try. In two of those, he wasn't 'furloughed' then in the sense of what this is since he is not a federal employee, but a contract employee and I know of nobody else who uses that term except for a federal employee in reference to their position. In my information, seasonal employees are also given 30 days notice so well there's that:-P and from what I read on the NPS, NOBODY has yet been given their notice so there's that.

ALSO, intern is a position someone can take who has even been in for many years. An intern in the feds is merely, in many cases, just a trainee for a higher level position who will be the bitch boy/girl for a couple of years on their way to full grade. A former coworker of mine is an intern currently--think of it like a long term trainee because of the GS level they are being trained for requires extensive training. He will be furloughed like anyone else without the title 'intern'; he won't be let go unless other employees are too. I think this person thinks an intern is a temp like the private world, but one can be a permanent fulltime employee AND be an intern. Like I said, in many situations it is merely a longer term training status; you just lose the intern once you get the certs and move into the full grade.

As for his last scenario of not knowing the difference between the two: possible, but given the amount of information out there even newer  employees have been told the difference between a furlough and a RIF. There enough paper explaining it out there, even for the public, to makes ones eyes bleed.

I get your point Delmar, and yes, any excuse to validate the pittstain.

Offline Undies

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 07:58:45 AM »
This could be true.  I went by the federal fire department station house on Broad St. this morning.  It was boarded up.  The city fire department across the street was up and running, though.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 08:18:57 AM »
This could be true.  I went by the federal fire department station house on Broad St. this morning.  It was boarded up.  The city fire department across the street was up and running, though.

I understand that if chic fil-a is closed that it is a sign of how bad the sequester really is. I won't have time to check today, but I will swing by there tomorrow and see if they are open.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »
Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act supplies $3.2 billion for alternative energy research. While searching for alternative energy options, Congress must ensure that taxpayers do not get burned.

$50,000,000 for the National Guard for Counter-Drug Program state plans. Formerly earmarked to individual states, the program, which allows for the use of military personnel in drug enforcement operations within the states, is now funded in one bundle as a work-around to the earmark moratorium. The Drug Enforcement Administration, with a budget of $2 billion, is already responsible for these activities.

$8,000,000 for Global HIV/AIDS prevention. The Labor/HHS Appropriations Act of 2012 provided $2.3 billion for the HIV/AIDS Bureau for various assistance, treatment, and prevention programs. The Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act provided an additional $5.5 billion to the State Department for HIV/AIDS programs, making this earmark duplicative.

The most preventable disease in the world...  as noted it a duplicate of a already funded program.

$5,100,000 for peer-reviewed autism research. Within the FY 2012 Labor/HHS appropriations bill, $69.1 million is already set aside for research on autism.

$10,084,000 for the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal Dispersal Barrier, which has received a total of $14.2 million from nine earmarks since FY 1998.

$114,770,000 for the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF), which supports global democratization efforts. Since FY 2001, UNDEF has received three earmarks totaling $351.8 million. The Obama administration has never requested funding for UNDEF.

I can go on and on and on.  Don't tell me we can't ****ing cut spending.

http://cagw.org/pig-book#
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Undies

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 09:38:07 AM »

I can go on and on and on.  Don't tell me we can't ****ing cut spending.

Like Rush Limbaugh pointed out, the cost of sending that Obama character to play golf with Tiger Woods amounted to the yearly salary of about 340 federal employees.

Why are people so damn stupid???

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »
Like Rush Limbaugh pointed out, the cost of sending that Obama character to play golf with Tiger Woods amounted to the yearly salary of about 340 federal employees.

Why are people so damn stupid???

Because liberalism churns out stupidity. Then it becomes a circle, stupidity equals power to liberals.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline beefeater

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 11:41:31 AM »
Not only is Pittstain PWD again, but he was flat effing lying!

Looks like when he sobered up this morning he realized that he had been called out by a few and self-deleted.

Not to worry Pitt boy, it's been saved for you.

Edit to add:

Pitt must have really hung one on, he didn't roll out until 10 AM this morning.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:46:09 AM by beefeater »
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »
I understand that if chic fil-a is closed that it is a sign of how bad the sequester really is. I won't have time to check today, but I will swing by there tomorrow and see if they are open.

I see what you did there.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »

...so I got him so drunk he ended up paying my bar tab and I took him home...this furlough thing could really work to my advantage [/Pitt mode]

Wait, the light just came on.  A furlough in Mass?  Well yeah it was probably the Wee One's former cell mate Wee Willie Horton.  Massachusetts, where they furlough the killers and disarm the citizens.  Stay the hell south of the Merrimac you pathetic loser and p.l.e.a.s.e, repartiate the Raven too. :fuelfire:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »
Not only is Pittstain PWD again, but he was flat effing lying!

Looks like when he sobered up this morning he realized that he had been called out by a few and self-deleted.

Edit to add:

Pitt must have really hung one on, he didn't roll out until 10 AM this morning.

Now, that wasn't nice of the Bostonian Drunkard, to do that.

He shouldn't've deleted it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 01:42:09 PM »

Surprising. The unemployable, hopelessly alcoholic Pitt rarely admits a lie. In the old DUmp, threads could disappear down the memory hole, but I don't think DUmmies could self-delete.

So all of Pitt's Fitzmas assurances remained online through his humiliation, as did his threats against the odd couple of franksolich and bobbolink, his comically serious Ty the Bouncer lecture, and his homosexual advances toward Kevin Spacey.

Viewed in context, this drunken bouncy about the sequester is pretty tame.