Author Topic: primitive feels a little hurt right now  (Read 827 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive feels a little hurt right now
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/11512284

Oh dear.

fizzgig (16,544 posts)    Fri Dec 7, 2012, 04:53 PM

i'm feeling a little hurt right now

my dad and sister flew out to new york without me yesterday. i know that, at 31, i can't expect my dad to pay my way on vacations now, but we've dropped about 500 bucks on our car over the past six weeks or so with more to come, so our disposable income has been zilch. which meant there was no money for me to even get a plane ticket. the worst part is is that they're actually getting into the city this time, an opportunity that has not been provided to me the last four times we've made the trek out there. it's one of the homes of my heart and it's been years since i've been able to see it.

i have more than just a bit of anger about this, because i know why my dad didn't have the money to take me. i'm feeling like a spoiled brat and that isn't helping the situation, either.

i'm crying crying and wanting to actually yell and scream at someone for the first time in several months. i'm mad about money, i'm mad about being left here and i'm mad that they're making the time to do something they never made the time for all the trips we've made previously. i thought i'd be ok with this, but was i ever wrong.

and there is no one to give me a hug.

CaliforniaPeggy (100,810 posts)   Fri Dec 7, 2012, 04:59 PM

2. Oh, my dear fizzgig...

That was wrong of him .......

I'm right there with ya, yelling at someone, anyone...

It's only virtual, but believe me if I were there I'd be cracking your ribs, sweetie.....

Do something nice for yourself, if you can...

fizzgig (16,544 posts)    Fri Dec 7, 2012, 05:57 PM

4. thanks, peggy

i know some of this has to do with me being absolutely exhausted, my boss was out of the office this week, so i pulled a 50 hour week to do both our jobs. and the frustration at our financial situation. plus, i'm watching the house, so i'm sleeping away from my husband for a few nights, which always throws me off.

i'm not necessarily sure it's an issue of right and wrong, more that's just how it shook out this time. being an adult certainly sucks sometimes.

Denninmi (4,311 posts)    Fri Dec 7, 2012, 09:40 PM

6. Me, too.

I can relate to being excluded from family dynamics, and it does hurt. Please know we will be here for you.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: primitive feels a little hurt right now
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
Goes to show just how alienated the DUmbass has made his family with his politics.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 06:50:07 PM »
Oh my goodness, grow the f--k up.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »
fizzgig (16,544 posts)    Fri Dec 7, 2012, 05:57 PM

4. thanks, peggy

i know some of this has to do with me being absolutely exhausted, my boss was out of the office this week, so i pulled a 50 hour week to do both our jobs. and the frustration at our financial situation. plus, i'm watching the house, so i'm sleeping away from my husband for a few nights, which always throws me off.

i'm not necessarily sure it's an issue of right and wrong, more that's just how it shook out this time. being an adult certainly sucks sometimes.

That is why you will never be a boss, 50 hours a week exhausts you.  :whatever:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »
Wait, is this DUmmie married?  How would DUmmie's significant other feel if DUmmie went to New York without him/her?

Edited to add that I reread DUmmie's post, it's a she and she is married...to a man. You never can tell.  :p
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:00:02 PM by BEG »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
Female or (Biologically) male, that DUmmie needs to be bitchslapped repeatedly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:13:38 PM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »
How can this happen when Horus has returned in the guise of Baraque J. 0bama with his promises of Skittle crapping unicorns for all His worshipers (except white males, including hispanic white males)?

Why is the primitive posting it on the DUmp when he could be starting a petition at the White House dot Gov?

Travesty!
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
Wait, is this DUmmie married?  How would DUmmie's significant other feel if DUmmie went to New York without him/her?

Edited to add that I reread DUmmie's post, it's a she and she is married...to a man. You never can tell.  :p

I thought the OP was a male... :rotf:

All I could picture was a grown ass man sobbing at his computer desk.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
I think the DUmmie is lying because surely in this 'wonderful' Obamaconomy it can afford a plane ticket. Or maybe the Obamaconomy really isn't that wonderful and the DUmmie voted for the zero because both are idiots.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »
She's 31 and house watching Daddy's home.  This is a libs dream come true, why is she all upset?  Now she can call up her 30 year old loser girlfriends and they can stay up all night drinking cheap wine and talking about boys.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
She's 31 and house watching Daddy's home.  This is a libs dream come true, why is she all upset?  Now she can call up her 30 year old loser girlfriends and they can stay up all night drinking cheap wine and talking about boys.

She's on DU so it might be to talk about girls. Or furries. Or who knows what.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 08:48:13 PM »
She's on DU so it might be to talk about girls. Or furries. Or who knows what.

Things just haven't been the same for her around the old homestead since Rex got out and was hit by that darn car.

:popcorn:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »
i'm feeling like a spoiled brat

That's because you are one. Good grief DUmmy grow the hell up, there are a lot of things that I would love to do but can't afford to, yet I don't go around crying how unfair it is.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 05:07:04 AM »
Things just haven't been the same for her around the old homestead since Rex got out and was hit by that darn car.

:popcorn:

I see what you did there, DAT . . . H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 05:31:04 AM »
Oh my goodness, grow the f--k up.

Really can't say it any better than this.  She must also be bitter that Obamacare only covers deadbeat children until age 26.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 05:53:54 AM »
I'm inclined to give her a break since she recognizes her reaction as purely emotional and irrational. She even slapped the calpgs hand when she said her father was wrong. Don't know if anyone caught that. It's calpig who gets me with her response. A 70 year old woman thinks its 'wrong' of the woman's dad to not sit at home and sulk with his daughter. That's the one who need to grow th **** up. The other lady just appears to be venting and knows her feeling is totally selfish. It sounds like she knows her upset is at the recent circumstances that made it impossible for them to go.

....wonders if calpig pays for all her children to go with her on trips. Hell the poetress can certainly afford it;) does she feel she was 'wrong' when she doesn't? Sorry her response is where I find hilarity. I think she just throws shit out there for false sympathy.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 06:10:29 AM »
That is why you will never be a boss, 50 hours a week exhausts you.  :whatever:

.....and that was to do TWO jobs......at work.  So that proves she is only worth ten hours of pay on a normal week.  :lmao:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 06:11:49 AM »

I'm sure after she is done house sitting it would of been less expensive for dad to take her with.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
fizzgig (16,544 posts)    Fri Dec 7, 2012, 04:53 PM

i'm feeling a little hurt right now

my dad and sister flew out to new york without me yesterday. i know that, at 31, i can't expect my dad to pay my way on vacations now, but we've dropped about 500 bucks on our car over the past six weeks or so with more to come, so our disposable income has been zilch. which meant there was no money for me to even get a plane ticket. the worst part is is that they're actually getting into the city this time, an opportunity that has not been provided to me the last four times we've made the trek out there. it's one of the homes of my heart and it's been years since i've been able to see it.

i have more than just a bit of anger about this, because i know why my dad didn't have the money to take me. i'm feeling like a spoiled brat and that isn't helping the situation, either.

i'm crying crying and wanting to actually yell and scream at someone for the first time in several months. i'm mad about money, i'm mad about being left here and i'm mad that they're making the time to do something they never made the time for all the trips we've made previously. i thought i'd be ok with this, but was i ever wrong.

and there is no one to give me a hug.

So dummie... you know why daddy didn't have the money to take you, huh? I suspect the reason is because he gave it to you for your car.

Here is clue dummie. Daddy don't owe you a damned thing. You are 31 dummie. You made decisions in your life that resulted in you not having the money. Did you ever think that maybe Daddy is more than a little pissed at you?

BTW dummie... canines go mad, people get angry. Are you a canine?
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Dori

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 10:47:54 PM »
Maybe it's not because her dad went without her, but that he took her sister.  Or maybe she's just a pain in the butt to take on a trip.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 03:21:04 AM »
Sure sign she's a DUmmie.

Actually WANTS to go to NYC.

If I was offered a trip to NYC, I'd say NFW!  I'm as happy as a pig in slop right here in the boonies.    :-)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »
Same here, DD.

I'm with you, jty.  Calpig's response pissed me off more.  Maybe Dad has his reasons.  Maybe he's trying to make the little bird leave the nest.  We don't always get what we want.  That's just life.  Fizzy said it, "sometimes it's hard to be an adult."  Maybe Dad is giving a nudge.  Mighty impertinent of Calpig to say he's "wrong." 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »
Sure sign she's a DUmmie.

Actually WANTS to go to NYC.

If I was offered a trip to NYC, I'd say NFW!  I'm as happy as a pig in slop right here in the boonies.    :-)

Same here.  Been to most of the Northeast big cities numerous times for job-related reasons.  Great museums, everything else either ridiculously expensive, annoying, or downright dangerous.  I'll be perfectly happy to never ever go back.