Author Topic: DUmmies Uncharacteristically Piss And Moan  (Read 839 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Uncharacteristically Piss And Moan
« on: August 22, 2009, 12:53:52 AM »
The healthcare issue has become incredibly boring at the DUmp. It's rare that a thread has anything in it that hasn't been
beaten to death in a hundred other threads. This one caught my attention due to its odd title line (in bold below). This being
the DUmp, it was possible the DUmmy was referring to a single person as both Mom and Husband, which would be an interesting
situation, indeed. Regrettably, such was not the case:

sicksicksick_N_tired (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 12:28 AM
Original message
I told my Mom and Husband, today, "I hope the 47 plus million of us get the public,...
 ,...medical care option. But, I doubt it will happen. We're just not that important."

Not that us middle-of-the-road Americans ever were that important to anyone other than the people we immediately touch. We usually focus on surviving our enormously challenging little lives, handling one small crisis to the next because, none of us are particularly economically advantaged,....never could be, frankly,...and, had opportunity presented itself we may have passed it by because of the moral choices required to sustain THAT form of wealth. What's wrong with that?

It is a shame, however, that wealth is idealized over the health of both this nation and its people. It's a damn shame.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6366880
It's good that DUmmy sicksicksick_N_tired realizes that she just isn't that important. It's rare, but encouraging, when
a DUmmy is that perceptive. It gives hope that they may some day snap out of it.

Oregone  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 12:29 AM
1. Only 11-12 million are estimated to be enrolled in it within 10 years
And with it, there will be far more than that remaining uninsured, according to the CBO.
It will be firewalled, and not an option for most Americans

That's a lot of ponies.

sicksicksick_N_tired (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 12:54 AM
Response to Reply #1
11. At least, I may be one of those 11-12 million. Shit,...that's more than I've got now,...
,...nothing.
You can not POSSIBLY be speaking from the position of having NO HEALTH CARE even though you're working your ass off sustaining a decent life for your family.
Otherwise, you would be doing something more than discouraging any possibility,...or maybe, not.
DUmmy sicksicksick_N_tired has no hope of ever having anything unless it's given to her by a jug-eared Kenyan muslim.
Things aren't looking too good for this DUmmy. And all this after surviving the Bush nightmare. It's a shame, it really is.

Oregone  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 01:01 AM
13. I'm more coming from the reality position
(I used to have no health care. I moved and now have single-payer Medicare now)

The reality is that the "public option" is a shiny trinket (and not much more) that is being used to hide a Nixonian health plan. People are going ape-shit over a rather small part of the overall bill, as it has been scored, and missing the forest through the pretty trees.

If you like the rest of the bill, great. If you think the totality of the bill is the "public option", you are in a fantasy, and its not going to end well.
??How does one qualify for Medicare by moving?

DUmmies close the thread by reaffirming their allegiance to the capitalist system,
which has made America the richest bastion of freedom and human rights in the
history of mankind:
PDJane  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 12:30 AM
2. It's proof, if you need it, 
That the US is run by a corporate interests, and is no longer a democracy.

steelmania75 (553 posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 12:35 AM
4. Yep, that's capitalism for ya. Before you know it NewsCorp and WalMart will own everything
oh wait, they already have.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: DUmmies Uncharacteristically Piss And Moan
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
Here's an idea for you.  Get off your fat, stupid, lazy, stoned ass and get a job with benefits.  Every big box store in this country has low cost health care option for their employees.  Have some work ethic and bust your hump to improve yourself.  I know it is like talking to a brick wall.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »
Here's an idea for you.  Get off your fat, stupid, lazy, stoned ass and get a job with benefits.  Every big box store in this country has low cost health care option for their employees.  Have some work ethic and bust your hump to improve yourself.  I know it is like talking to a brick wall.

Hell I just work part-time for the Home De Pot and I have excellent healthcare! I pay for half but for cryin' out loud, I don't expect somethin' for nuthin'! Hmmmmm, I must be a conservative and believe God helps those that help themselves!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:12:10 PM »
You know, this whole health care thing (because really it's still just about somebody else having something "more" or "better" than the DUmmies) got me thinking. I have a couple of yellow plum trees. They produce more fruit than we can use so a couple of times during the season I take a bucketful over to the chicken coop (as I did yesterday) and dump them on the ground outside the door. Inevitably it goes the same way. The younger ones are the first ones racing out of the coop and the leader grabs the first one it sees and dashes off. The other young ones (assuming, I guess, THAT one must be the best), bypass the 50 or 60 laying on the ground and chase after her. Occasionally she'll stop, put it down and try to take a bite but she's surrounded so quickly she can only take a nibble before she has to pick it up again and run. Now, the ones chasing her aren't without a bit of success. One or two manage to steal a bite here and there. Nor does it occur to the ring leader to just put it down and go back to the pile and get another. Maybe she figures since everyone is after her treat she must have the best of the bunch.

Meanwhile, the older hens who've earned their treats with years of reliable egg laying (very few of the younger ones have even laid their first egg), stretch their legs a bit, fluff their feathers, and give their wings a healthy flap. Then they wander over to the pile, leisurely picking through the plums, contentedly chattering and looking for the choicest bites. Overripe fruit and bruising is haute cuisine at The Happy Clucker Hotel. By the time the younger ones stop chasing each other and make it back to the pile most of the best parts are gone. By the end of the day there'll be nothing left but pits because those pullets will spend all day pecking here and there as they walk by, but still, by chasing after that illusive best one they missed the tastiest parts. Of course, if they were DUmmies, they'd complain that the "older & richer" hens got all the best pieces while they were stuck with whatever was left over but since they're chickens they don't know any better.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »
You know, this whole health care thing (because really it's still just about somebody else having something "more" or "better" than the DUmmies) got me thinking. I have a couple of yellow plum trees. They produce more fruit than we can use so a couple of times during the season I take a bucketful over to the chicken coop (as I did yesterday) and dump them on the ground outside the door. Inevitably it goes the same way. The younger ones are the first ones racing out of the coop and the leader grabs the first one it sees and dashes off. The other young ones (assuming, I guess, THAT one must be the best), bypass the 50 or 60 laying on the ground and chase after her. Occasionally she'll stop, put it down and try to take a bite but she's surrounded so quickly she can only take a nibble before she has to pick it up again and run. Now, the ones chasing her aren't without a bit of success. One or two manage to steal a bite here and there. Nor does it occur to the ring leader to just put it down and go back to the pile and get another. Maybe she figures since everyone is after her treat she must have the best of the bunch.

Meanwhile, the older hens who've earned their treats with years of reliable egg laying (very few of the younger ones have even laid their first egg), stretch their legs a bit, fluff their feathers, and give their wings a healthy flap. Then they wander over to the pile, leisurely picking through the plums, contentedly chattering and looking for the choicest bites. Overripe fruit and bruising is haute cuisine at The Happy Clucker Hotel. By the time the younger ones stop chasing each other and make it back to the pile most of the best parts are gone. By the end of the day there'll be nothing left but pits because those pullets will spend all day pecking here and there as they walk by, but still, by chasing after that illusive best one they missed the tastiest parts. Of course, if they were DUmmies, they'd complain that the "older & richer" hens got all the best pieces while they were stuck with whatever was left over but since they're chickens they don't know any better.

Cindie

Once again, you hit the nail on the head.  Great analogy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 01:26:49 PM »
??How does one qualify for Medicare by moving?

That's a good question.  The only moving one can do and obtain Medicare is moving up to age 65.  The primitive also said "single-payer Medicare" as though there's some other method.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
I heard on the radio (I think it was Rush) that this 47 million uninsured figure includes illegal aliens...

Tell me again how I'm not going to be footing the bill for illegals.

Can we just gather all the DUmp monkeys into one big parking lot (minus the moles) and call in a napalm airstrike?

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
It boils down really quite easily.

There will be a whole bunch of people that will not pay their fair share getting freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee health care.

1. What happens when the feds give freeeeeeeeeeeee money/services?  Look at cash for clunkers.

2. What happens when these people get freeeeeeeeee health care with out expanding the infrastructure?  System is strained, wait times increase, treatments will be rationed.

3. Lots of people on freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee health care will mean those 84% of us happy with our health care will pay more.

Those are just the facts. This will raise prices, increase wait times, ration care, and increase taxes on all.  This is all for a realistic inclusion of less than 5% of the populace.  It is true insanity.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »
PDJane  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 12:30 AM
2. It's proof, if you need it,
That the US is run by a corporate interests, and is no longer a democracy.
The US has never been a democracy DUmbass.
Amazing how many of the supposed intellectual elite managed to have failed civics.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »
That's a good question.  The only moving one can do and obtain Medicare is moving up to age 65.  The primitive also said "single-payer Medicare" as though there's some other method.

I have no idea what was meant by that comment, myself, but for illumination, if there's something in it, the "Oregone" primitive lives in Canada.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 12:22:24 AM »
1. What happens when the feds give freeeeeeeeeeeee money/services?  Look at cash for clunkers.

The wife got t-boned in our Subaru about 3 weeks ago so we have been looking for a new/used car. We finally settled on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The salesman told us it's too bad we couldn't wait a while as he is sure there are going to be an abundance of repo's in about 6 mos!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!