Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Their Fattitude  (Read 620 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Their Fattitude
« on: August 21, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »
KoKo (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-21-09 08:36 PM
Original message
NBC's Tim Russert was "Overweight" ..he died,yet CNN/ MSNBC/NBC is saying FAT PEOPLE are Problem?
This morning on that "Morning Joe Show" with Zbignew Bzhezinski's daughter "Mika the Fair" they were pushing that "Health Care Reform" should be on Prevention...and that Fat Americans were the cause of their own health care problems.

Here's my problem with that: They left out Genetic Disease..stuff we can't control that goes beyond lifestyle and is just in our code that we need to be monitored for. Their emphasis on "Fat Americans" didn't take into account that their own fat "Tim Russert" had a sudden heart attack on the set of his NBC Show and they spent DAYS Eulogizing and fawning over the FUNERAL which was broadcast as if REAGAN II had died!

Now ALL the Cables (not just MSNBC) are blaming HEALTH CARE RISING COSTS on FAT AMERICANS!

Where do these people like Joe Scarborough, Sanja Gupta,(CNN), "Dr. Nancy", Zbignew Bzhezinski's daughter (Mika) and the rest of the toned bare-armed females and tarted up silk suited male anchors on these Cable channels who push this JUNK SCIENCE for THINK TANKS get off preaching to the rest of us?

Blah, blah, bitch, blah, blah, moan...

Only two classes...many worker drones and nannies and we feed and care for the Queen Bee and America is the Giant Hive...The Hive being the Military/Media/Corporate/Industrial State.

Blah,  blah, more bitching, blah..

Scrabbling and Scrambling to juggle jobs and family and seeing their wages so puny and declining they are just "holding on" by whatever way they can. If they have to eat Pizza and McBurgers seven nights a week..they have to do it....to get by.

Obviously Russert and the rest of the CABLE CROWD have Nannies, Cooks, Drivers and much STAFF/HELP to get them through the day.

Blah,  blah, more blah, fat blah....

WHY DO THE PUNDITS NOW CLAIM THAT "FAT AMERICA" doesn't deserve HEALTH CARE unless they give up their FAT WAYS? Like we are "Pigs at the Trough" ...when we know that the REAL PIGS are WALL ST. BANKERS and the REST OF THE CORPORATIST INSURANCE SUCK UPS that CONTROLLED AMERICA!

Blah, blah, blah..

BTW...YES our AMERICAN DIET with CRAP FAST FOOD IS BAD! We need to eat more local, fresh foods and have them prepared at home. BUT...how can folks working two and three jobs do this? How? And as far as exercise goes...WHEN DO WORKING FOLKS with that kind of schedule have the TIME if they have families? We can do better...but this media BLAME BLITZ isn't being helpful. It's casting blame on Americans at the bottom...who have been hoodwinked by everyone...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6365681
DUmmy KoKo goes on and on endlessly, in a Pittian rant as incoherent as anything DUmmy UGP ever put together.
Throughout this entire word torrent, I was wondering: What's the over/under on DUmmy KoKo's weight?
Would DUmmy KoKo fit inside one of Government Motors' new O-cars?

tinkerbell41 (233 posts)      Fri Aug-21-09 08:58 PM
2. Right ****ing on!!!!!!
I worked 2 jobs for about 4 yrs. Single mom, I cannot tell you how I didn't have time to cook, let alone exercise. If the place didn't have a window, we didn't eat. I was not happy about it. I like to cook, eat organic, free range most of the time. If I wasn't so stressed out every ****ing day, worried about my lack of employment (now), my health insurance running out, paying for college etc...
Maybe I could concentrate on myself and my health. **** THEM!!!!!!
An additional rant, when I am working I get up at 5am start at 7 home by 430, cook dinner, clean up
etc.. After working a 8hr day doing physical labor outdoors in the heat and cold I have no ****ing energy left.

One suspects that DUmmy tinkerbellnumbers may not be appropriately named.
Considering her financial situation, it's probably for the best that she lacks ****ing energy.

Berry Cool  (1000+ posts)         Fri Aug-21-09 09:25 PM
Response to Original message
5. Actually, the 1950s were not a golden age of healthy eating either.
"Average American Lifestyles today are not like in the 1950's where Mom stays home and packs nutritional lunches and has the family meal at 6:00 p.m. filled with lots of lively conversation and filled with the latest 'Food Pyramid/s Most Nutritious.'"?

First of all, there WAS no "Food Pyramid" back in the '50s. The "Food Pyramid" didn't come about until 1992. Even back in the '70s, what we kids in school were lectured about was the "Basic Four" food groups--meat, eggs and fish; dairy; fruits and vegetables; and breads, grains and cereals--and we were lectured to try to eat an EQUAL amount of each group each day; there was no talk of eating more from this group or less from that group.

The '50s are before my time, but the impression I get is that notions of proper nutrition were even less sophisticated then--there just seemed to be a general idea that "protein" (as in, a big thick steak) was good and "vitamins and minerals" were good, and that was about it. But no one worried about stuff like sugar, trans fats or cholesterol. So even in the '50s, Mom didn't stay home and pack lunches or cook family meals based on "the food pyramid" or sophisticated nutritional concepts. In fact, the kings of the '50s kitchen were packaged convenience foods, much as they are today, except not as many and a lot less sophisticated.

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)         Fri Aug-21-09 10:00 PM
15. Still obesity wasn't that much of a problem there were reasons for it

People ate THREE STRUCTURED MEALS, if they were MC... and the kids had snacks. Not this eating at all times... which you can do today.
Of course don't get me started on the size of portions... lets simply not go there.

Right. PLEASE don't get the wetback polack DUmmy nadinbrzezinski started, or you'll find out she's the most
arrogant and obnoxious person on earth. She is to arrogance what Beth Ferrari is to stupidity - the apex, the
acme, the apogee.

Missy Vixen  (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-21-09 09:37 PM
8. But fat people are SATAN! Don't you all know this?

It's easy to ride the high horse over something half the population will never struggle with, and can look down their noses at. After all, fat is a moral failing!!!! All fat people are gluttons, pigs, don't care about themselves, lazy, stupid, on and on and on. They have no "self-control" or "willpower". One is not human in this society unless one is judged to be sexually desirable or "hot"; the fat aren't.

As someone has said previously, smokers were the scapegoat before, now it's fat people. There are millions more fat people than smokers at this point, so I expect the rhetoric will be ratcheted up to levels previously unknown to mankind. After all, there's not enough shaming and nastiness now.

Nadine has been talking about "The End of Overeating". I wait for the day when it's widely known that food additives work the same way in the human brain as nicotine does.
One suspects that DUmmy Missy Vixen is neither sexually desirable nor "hot". Nor is she likely to bring the word "vixen" to mind.

KoKo (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-21-09 10:23 PM
17. Yes...Health Care for Treadmills...not for basic treatment and screening.
Making us Pigs at trough...guilty for the lifestyle they forced us into. Monsanto/HFCS/Cloned Animal Farms/weird ingredient concoctions for taste and appearance...on and on. But, most of all you don't always get sick because of lifestyle. And why is it the Rich and Famous are given a pass for their lifestyles? Because they can afford the care ...plus the cosmetic surgery to keep them in the spotlight.

The rest of us just "suck." We are the ones to be penalized. 

Yep, DUmmy KoKo confirmed my suspicions, and raised the over/under on weight to 380.

havocmom  (1000+ posts)         Fri Aug-21-09 10:27 PM
Response to Original message
19. do they think skinny people live forever?
My nephew was always very thin. He died at 42. Thin, but worked too long and hard.
We all die.

As far as eating good food: Corporations don't want to give up the profit on crap. Not much good food around, and not enough time to find, prepare it when you are busting your hump trying to keep a roof overhead with constantly falling real wages.
It's the capitalism that's ****ing killing us off too soon.

Former Senator Tom Daschle (Wimp-SD) would call DUmmy havocmom "a loser in life's lottery".

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:34:44 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: DUmmies Discuss Their Fattitude
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »
Welcome to the Fat Panel.  Next stop the Death Panel.

What do DUmmies expect when they give all their power over to someone else?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:34:44 PM »
Here is an idea. How about lets not let government make these unilateral, one-size fits all policies. Lets allow the free market to sort it all out and all of us and our doctor make our own healthcare decisions??

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 05:50:42 AM »
Quote from: Berry Cool
Berry Cool  (1000+ posts)         Fri Aug-21-09 09:25 PM

First of all, there WAS no "Food Pyramid" back in the '50s. The "Food Pyramid" didn't come about until 1992. Even back in the '70s, what we kids in school were lectured about was the "Basic Four" food groups--meat, eggs and fish; dairy; fruits and vegetables; and breads, grains and cereals--and we were lectured to try to eat an EQUAL amount of each group each day; there was no talk of eating more from this group or less from that group.

How unusual. A primitive spouting half-truths to support his cause.

The familiar, black triangle, found on the majority of boxes of foods at the supermarket, has been an expected sight to our generation. Many Americans live by this food pyramid, which outlines a guide to healthy eating. Did you know that the food pyramid was conceived in the 1960s due to an increase in Americans getting heart disease? The U.S. Department of Agriculture responded with the food guide pyramid and Dietary Guidelines for Americans (a pamphlet which is updated every five years). Let’s trace the history of this food pyramid.
Early Beginnings

Before vitamins and minerals were even discovered, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) published its first dietary recommendations to the nation in 1894. Soon after that, in 1916, the first food guide, called Food For Young Children was published. Caroline Hunt, a nutritionist and the author, divided food into 5 groups: milk/meat, cereals, vegetables/fruits, fats/fatty foods, and sugars/sugary foods.
The Basic Seven and the Basic Four

Prompted by President Franklin Roosevelt, a National Nutrition Conference was called to action in 1941. For the first time, the USDA came up with Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA’s) for Americans to follow. RDA’s specified caloric intake as well as essential nutrients. Also, the USDA announced the “Basic Seven” in 1943, which was a special modification of the nutritional guidelines to help people deal with the shortage of food supplies during the war.

Because of the complexity of the Basic Seven, the Basic Four was introduced and was used for the next 20 years. Milk, meats, fruits and vegetables, and grain products were the categories to eat foods from.
The Basic Four - modified

With chronic diseases like stroke and heart disease on the rise, the USDA needed to address the roles of unhealthy foods. So, during the late 1970s, the USDA added a fifth category to the Basic Four: fats, sweets and alcoholic beverages, for people to consume in moderation.
The Food Pyramid

A Pattern for Daily Food Choices, the USDA’s food guide, was being published annually since the 1980’s. However, people were still not aware that it existed. Beginning in 1988, the creation of a graphic to represent the food groups started. It needed to convey the three main ideas: variety, proportionality and moderation. The Food Guide Pyramid was finally released in 1992. Both the graphics and text conveyed variety and proportionality (by pictures of foods and the size of the food group).

On every food in the grocery store is a nutritional label. That was put into effect in 1994 by the Nutrition Labeling and Education Act. Now, Americans can follow the Food Guide Pyramid easily.

But, Americans remain confused about healthy eating. A 1996 telephone done by the USDA found that over 40 percent of people agreed with the statement “There are so many recommendations about healthy ways to eat, it’s hard to know what to believe.”
Because of the emergence of so many diets and programs, it will be challenging to Americans to know just what to believe. It seems as if the information we hear is changing every day.

The only thing that happened in the 1990s was the Dumbing Down of a long existing program because people don't know how to read. Basic nutritional information has been around for four generations.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 05:53:21 AM by miskie »

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 06:11:20 AM »
We all are ticking timebombs. Every one of us is likely predisposed to something. How we take care of our bodies(and minds) along the way may at least help to delay those proclivities until a later date or at least give our years a quality to them they might not have had if we just let ourselves fall apart in any number of ways. Dummies want to be 'monitored' for their genetic condtions? :rotf: Here's a newsflash dummies: you are going to die! Everyone of you is going to die. that is in your genetic predisposition too. No amount of monitoring and 'taxing the wealthy' is going to change that fact. Just like no amount of diet and exercise will change it for me. I happen to think my way is a little more honest though and a little less taxing on my neighbors(literally). I'm sure if genetics kicks in anyway, my neighbors, family, and friends will look out for me because of my honest efforts and hopefully some joy I have brought to their lives that makes mine worthwhile to them. Being a downer doesn't bring joy to anyone so it's no wonder you grip with a fury to money taken by force to care for you; DUmmies aren't really sure anyone will be looking out for them when the chips are down--not personally.

Why would tinkerbell need to exercise if she was working a physically labor rich job 8 hours everyday by her own words? At what point did the 'single mom' decide to teach her children to help out with cooking and cleaning so her day wasn't so time heavy in those activities. eating out? She probably could have given up the second job if she stopped that! Eating out is expensive!

As for her workload--boo****inghoo...lot's of people have to work like that, some who still even manage to watch their diets. Unless you are living in a 3rd world hellhole, nothing is impossible. But I know that mindset, it kept me fat for many years too and it also kept me restricted from living up to my potential. DUMMIES! Another head's up: life is tough! Just about everyone is given challenges and hurdles in their lives.

You know, I don't remember my grandparents whining and bitching like that bunch did. What has happened to Americans?

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 07:20:10 AM »

You know, I don't remember my grandparents whining and bitching like that bunch did. What has happened to Americans?

Entitlement society.  Too many in the US now feel they deserve and are entitled to everything from $300 sneakers to world class health care on demand.  To deny anyone is racist, homophobic, any other -ic and -ist.   Entitlement parents have raised their children on the belief that although they can't pay for $300 sneakers they are deserved and it's those evil rich (Wall street, white, corporate, etc) folks keeping them from having what they deserve. 

My grandparents worked hard for the little they had.  Despite the fact that my grandmother lived in a 2 room block house, never had indoor plumbing and cooked over a coal stove up until she died in 1964 she was the happiest person I ever knew.  I don't recall her ever saying she hated or even envied anyone.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »
Entitlement society.  Too many in the US now feel they deserve and are entitled to everything from $300 sneakers to world class health care on demand.  To deny anyone is racist, homophobic, any other -ic and -ist.   Entitlement parents have raised their children on the belief that although they can't pay for $300 sneakers they are deserved and it's those evil rich (Wall street, white, corporate, etc) folks keeping them from having what they deserve. 

My grandparents worked hard for the little they had.  Despite the fact that my grandmother lived in a 2 room block house, never had indoor plumbing and cooked over a coal stove up until she died in 1964 she was the happiest person I ever knew.  I don't recall her ever saying she hated or even envied anyone.

My question was rhetorical. I think everyone on this forum(with a few exceptions) know what has happened. It's a tragedy isn't it, whiffle? My grandparents did well for themselves...even had a cabin for summertime up in the Pennsylvania woods. But my grandad drove around the same truck for 25 years and my grandmother made the house work on a grocery and household budget that was meager. They worked as a team and never complained about anything. Sure they'd get into political or current event discussions(pop pop in particular was an outspoken steelworker), but they never complained about their personal situations. My pop pop died trying to improve his life with what was an experimental surgery in '89. He never went in asking the doctor for reassurances or encouraging my grandmother to sue if something went wrong. He just said it was a risk he was willing to take to improve his quality of life; if that was it for him, then so be it. We knew his wishes. I find dealing with a lot of people nowadays tedious when I think of the person/people my grandfolks were(both sets). *sigh*(sorry for the story, peeps, just reminiscing and missing some of those people from my childhood)

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »
My question was rhetorical. I think everyone on this forum(with a few exceptions) know what has happened. It's a tragedy isn't it, whiffle? My grandparents did well for themselves...even had a cabin for summertime up in the Pennsylvania woods. But my grandad drove around the same truck for 25 years and my grandmother made the house work on a grocery and household budget that was meager. They worked as a team and never complained about anything. Sure they'd get into political or current event discussions(pop pop in particular was an outspoken steelworker), but they never complained about their personal situations. My pop pop died trying to improve his life with what was an experimental surgery in '89. He never went in asking the doctor for reassurances or encouraging my grandmother to sue if something went wrong. He just said it was a risk he was willing to take to improve his quality of life; if that was it for him, then so be it. We knew his wishes. I find dealing with a lot of people nowadays tedious when I think of the person/people my grandfolks were(both sets). *sigh*(sorry for the story, peeps, just reminiscing and missing some of those people from my childhood)

Yes. The Greatest Generation gave birth to the Lamest Generations. Plural.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 12:43:22 PM »
I'm curious as to what will happen with the homosexual community and the AIDS epidemic will be handled under government control.

Not really homos are super protected victim class that will get everything they need even though AIDS is essentially a completely preventable disease.  However, if I am to be forced into certain activities and forced out of others then I think butt sex should be one of the activities to be forced out of.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »
However, if I am to be forced into certain activities and forced out of others then I think butt sex should be one of the activities to be forced out of.

Not possible. Butt sex is the core value of the modern democrat party.