Author Topic: Oscar Wilde gets drownded out  (Read 350 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oscar Wilde gets drownded out
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:03:40 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6361611

Oh my.

The large-proboscised primitive, Oscar Wilde.

By the way, rather than always pointing out the primitives too selfish to donate to Skins's island, I'm now going to be posting the comments of the skinflint primitives in embarrassing red, so it shames them into hurrying up and do the right thing.

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-21-09 11:02 AM
Original message

South Florida wingnuts drowned out by music outside a town hall meeting

Yesterday, South Florida congressmen Robert Wexler and Alcee Hastings held a joint town hall meeting. You needed (free) tickets to get in, but they had evidently been distributed to people who were part of the Florida Alliance for Retired Americans who organized the town hall meeting. It was covered live online on wptv.com and there wasn’t one wingnut in the house.

The parking lot, however, was a different story. There were perhaps a thousand people there as well as about half of the Palm Beach County Sheriffs Dept. But the wingnuts were outmatched.

MoveOn.org took a big hand in making sure that hundreds of sane people showed up to oppose the wingnuts.

And here’s the great part of this story. Congressman Alcee Hastings brought along a high school boys band. Their music all but drowned out the screaming lunatics. Many complained that their right to speak out and protest was intentionally being drowned out.

Now they know how we feel when they disrupt meetings. That’s kind of a strange complaint coming from those whose mission is to make sure no one else is heard.

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-21-09 11:08 AM
Response to Original message

2. I love it! Who does'nt love band music?!

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-21-09 11:13 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. Here's the part I left out

It's no secret that many of the birthers/deathers/lunatic fringe are bigots. The kids in the band were predominantly black. I wonder how many wingnut's heads exploded yesterday.

Oh, I dunno.  The congressional districts are predominantly ghetto, and so one suspects decent and civilized people already knew what was coming, and how to adapt to it.

valerief  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-21-09 12:09 PM
Response to Reply #4

11. That makes the story double-wonderful!!!!

malaise  (1000+ posts)       Fri Aug-21-09 11:09 AM

3. Bravo

That is how you deal with loonies

lpbk2713  (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-21-09 11:15 AM

5. Good to see we're finally catching on.

The best way to oppose them is to use their own tactics against them.

"Nice" doesn't work against these assholes.

gratuitous  (1000+ posts)       Fri Aug-21-09 11:15 AM

6. I hope the band played The Star-Spangled Banner

Or America the Beautiful. A full selection of "patriotic" tunes to sing along with!

kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-21-09 11:17 AM

7. I love it! 

Out-smarted again!

Oh, I dunno.

intheflow  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-21-09 11:21 AM

8. The Army does that to people protesting the School of the Americas.

Or whatever it is that they call the assassination school down at Fort Benning these days. But my point is, someone call the waaaahbulance for the drowned out wingnuts. What goes around comes around, and if use music to intimidate and suppress our free speech don't be surprised if we take a page from your playbook at send it right backatcha.

laughingliberal  (101 posts)       Fri Aug-21-09 11:23 AM

9. THEIR right to speak out was being drowned out?

ROFLMAO

ensho  (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-21-09 11:30 AM

10. super smart thinking

and a big thank you to the kids in the band

Javaman  (1000+ posts)         Fri Aug-21-09 03:12 PM

12. awww poor dumb bastards got out foxed by superior tactics. 

**** them.

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-21-09 05:23 PM
Response to Reply #12

13. My only complaint is, why does it always take us so long to respond to their threats, their intimidation, and their tactics?

We're not dealing with mental giants here. Those who come up with the tactics are narrow minded, greedy, malicious bastards with no conscience.

And their troops for the most part are uninformed, ignorant of the facts, easily swayed and -- oh hell. Why don't I just say it? Their "troops" are idiots.

Yesterday, our "troops" showed up. And when the kids in the band weren't playing, sane people stood toe to toe with the trolls to stop the hijacking of democracy.

And a big thank you to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Dept. for keeping the event under control. Zero guns. Zero fights. Zero getting spit on. Zero arrests.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Oscar Wilde gets drownded out
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
So the democrats are basically sticking their fingers in their ears and singing, "la la la la la".
If the repukes did this the dump would be in an uproar.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Oscar Wilde gets drownded out
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 05:11:51 PM »
So if the RW'ers wanted to chant to disrupt the impeached pride of the lefties then BowelMovedOn was even louder?

Awesome strategy there wannbe fascists.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."