Author Topic: What about uninsured children? Or is there such a thing? I thought the GOP was p  (Read 591 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
CurtEastPoint  Donating Member  (735 posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Fri Aug-21-09 12:23 PM
Original message
What about uninsured children? Or is there such a thing? I thought the GOP was pro-life.

In GA (as I'm sure in other states) there is a program for healthcare for children of low or no income families.

In all the arguments I've heard, there is no distinction between un(der)-insured adults and children.

Don't laugh...I'm serious (series) about this.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6362199

Then what are you bitching about? You said yourself there is a program in GA and other states to deal with this.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Don't we have S-chip and medicaid?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Don't we have S-chip and medicaid?

Cindie

Child health plus or some such here in NY...bankrupted most counties.

Offline Karin

Yeah, Carl, that Child Health Plus is VERY generous.  The income level threshholds are fairly high, and the benefits are extremely high.  Everything for free. 

And, yes, king zero implemented S-Chip first thing, funded by me and Frank whenever we light up. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Yeah, Carl, that Child Health Plus is VERY generous.  The income level threshholds are fairly high, and the benefits are extremely high.  Everything for free. 

And, yes, king zero implemented S-Chip first thing, funded by me and Frank whenever we light up. 

You and Frank had better start lighting up more then to save the chillrun.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
They bitch and moan about smokers being a burden on healthcare, yet how many children are we making sure have healthy lives? I've said it before, if they used the taxes we pay on smokes, on OUR healthcare, we would NOT be a burden. The fact is, y'all steal the money we pay for other services! So ESAD!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jukin

We have it in California, it's called Mexicaid.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
They need to raise money for the uninsured kids through a garage sale:

but be careful:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/226/story/74102.html

Offline terry

Have it in PA.