Author Topic: Is It Time To Arm?  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Is It Time To Arm?
« on: August 20, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »
And we are the ones inciting violence  :whatever:

Joanne98  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Thu Aug-20-09 01:02 PM
Original message
Is It Time To Arm?

Is it time for supporters of health care reform to attend the town hall events while openly carrying firearms?

IndyDem's diary :: :: Some on the right, a small minority I believe, are clearly hoping to intimidate supporters of health care reform by attending the town hall meetings while openly carrying firearms. Now, I am a strict constitutionalist. I think, despite all attempts to pretend otherwise, that the 2nd Amendment is clear. These people have the right to bear arms. So I do not believe the answer to such not-so-subtle intimidation is to find ways to keep them from acting in this way.

But just as the answer to hate speech is not censorship, but rather more good speech – perhaps the answer to gun-toting nutjobs is gun-toting sane people.

The left has a large number of members who are military veterans (I myself am one). These citizens have every right to attend an upcoming town hall wearing an Obama t-shirt and carrying a firearm (assuming they meet all applicable state laws – permits, etc.). We also have police and hunters in our midst. These citizens are more than capable to safely handle their private firearms in such a setting.

If the right is not trying to intimidate anyone, then they won’t mind. If they are merely reasonable citizens utilizing their 1st and 2nd Amendment-based Constitutional rights at the same time – then they won’t mind someone else doing the same.

But, if they hope to scare people into throwing away their 1st Amendment rights – then a small quiet show of preparedness should redress this imbalance.

Thoughts...?
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/20/769904/-Is-...

YES! And wouldn't it be nice to have left-wing shooting ranges. Not fancy just a BBQ some benches and targets with the pictures of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann on them.

Maybe George Soros will loan us the money to buy the land!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6353838

Libs with guns would be funny though they would be screaming for socialized medicine when they shoot themselves in the foot.  :-)

MadMaddie  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-20-09 01:53 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. Agreed! This time let's seperate

if they want a facist government then let them have their own republic. We can wall them off and move on with rebuilding our country. I am sick of them.
:lmao:
It aint Bush who is bring us fascism it's the jug eared Kenyan.
Govt ownership of business, check
Trying to silence opposition, check
The only thing missing is the trains running on time.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Is It Time To Arm?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
DUmmies should be encouraged go heavy.
A liberal with a gun = Plaxico Burress

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »
DUmmys don't have enough money to buy a weapon.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 01:51:57 PM »
It's cute that the DUmmies feel they need to have their own special little "liberal" firing ranges, instead of just using the regular ones like normal people. They are sooo afraid of getting caught outside their little world and having to face the real one, and defend their beliefs. They have to huddle together like the primitive tribe they are and as Mr Frank has described.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »
It's cute that the DUmmies feel they need to have their own special little "liberal" firing ranges, instead of just using the regular ones like normal people. They are sooo afraid of getting caught outside their little world and having to face the real one, and defend their beliefs. They have to huddle together like the primitive tribe they are and as Mr Frank has described.
I am all for DUmmy ranges.
I sure don't want a DUmmy beside me when the line is hot.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpgL5kuBpMA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpgL5kuBpMA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 02:03:45 PM »

Weird world for me, all the libs I know have gun collections up the ying-yang.

The Conservatives I know would not think about the responsibility involved in owing anything but a can opener.

Used to be the other way around, Conservatives reallied on Government to protect them and the libs were gun totting thugs.

Is this not a world where life is like the tide, it changes every 6 hours.?

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpgL5kuBpMA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpgL5kuBpMA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

You made my day Carl, THANK YOU

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »

I'd be afraid they'd have some alternate vision of what 'down range' actually meant.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »
DUmmys don't have enough balls to buy a weapon.

Fixed
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 02:30:52 PM »

The Conservatives I know would not think about the responsibility involved in owing anything but a can opener.

Used to be the other way around, Conservatives reallied (sic) on Government to protect them and the libs were gun totting thugs.

Life outside the Milky Way Galaxy can be different.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
Life outside the Milky Way Galaxy can be different.
I guaran-damn-tee you, vestanumbers has no idea what you meant by that.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
Oh My God!!! That DUmmy has a loaded bong pointed at me!!! :ohnoes:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 09:45:35 PM »
Yeah a DUmmy with a gun is like another sequal to the Naked Gun series.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 10:09:46 PM »
Cool, don't forget to sight in, you f'n idiots.

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 02:02:12 AM »
I guaran-damn-tee you, vestanumbers has no idea what you meant by that.

Home Port is 3rd rock from small sun to the left on the map.

The good ship Lollypop is headed for home with a cargo of Mars Bars and Sun Burst.

BTW colonists on Uranus say UP YOURS.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 03:26:40 AM »
I think it's a great idea for the libbers to carry guns. The more armed people, the safer we all are.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »
I think it's a great idea for the libbers to carry guns. The more armed people, the safer we all are.

Isn't the armed portion of the democrat voter base the reason we have concealed carry? Hell for that matter aren't the armed dems the majority reason for prisons?

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
Isn't the armed portion of the democrat voter base the reason we have concealed carry? Hell for that matter aren't the armed dems the majority reason for prisons?

You're right. If there were no armed dems, the only crime left would be on Wall Street.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
Think I'll re-site my .243 in at 300 yds. I don't want a DUmmie any closer to my family than that! The strays could go anywhere!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »

Dear Joanne98,

Might I suggest you practice with this one?

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Duchess

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 01:25:21 PM »

Well you have a point there.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 01:27:11 PM »

Used to be the other way around, Conservatives reallied on Government to protect them and the libs were gun totting thugs.

Is this not a world where life is like the tide, it changes every 6 hours.?

I'll be damned! I always figure you for living up Uranus, glad to see I was right!

You really think the conservatives on this site rely on the gubmint for our safety?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! What a maroon, what a nincompoop!

I can open a can at a hundred yds with any of my "can openers", but the contents will get spilled!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
Joannenumbers just about got gigged for a new laptop for me.  I should know better than to read from the DUmp when eating.  I just shot beef stew through my nose and onto my laptop's monitor when I read this:

Joanne98  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Thu Aug-20-09 01:02 PM
Original message
Is It Time To Arm?

...But just as the answer to hate speech is not censorship, but rather more good speech – perhaps the answer to gun-toting nutjobs is gun-toting sane people...

I guess that would exclude anybody from the DUmp, eh DUmbass?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.