Author Topic: If a liberal went to a MAGA rally and did what Rittenhouse did...  (Read 344 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Eliot Rosewater (27,615 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215989476

If a liberal went to a MAGA rally and did what Rittenhouse did...

1.MSM would describe that person as a murderer and radical.

2. GOP would demand life in prison and anything less would result in more violence.

:thatsright:

Gore1FL (18,345 posts)

2. I think We all would also call for imprisonment.

But your point is well taken.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Walleye (8,659 posts)

3. And the judge would allow the victims to be called victims

:mental:

Bev54 (4,274 posts)

5. This is not because of the judge, it is because his defense lawyers are claiming self defense and in most self defense cases, they do not call the victim a victim until determined whether self defense or not. We know it was not self defense but the Judge is handling it as self defense case, because that is what he claims.

7. I dont know about that, can you provide a credible link to prove that?

If so why would everyone make a big deal out of this judge doing this and always has but the reporting of it is as if it is not usual, at all.

But I am not a lawyer, YOU may well be and if this is a fact with most courts, I would like to know.

I will immediately change my info here if you prove this to me, I want to be accurate.

:whatever:

Bev54 (4,274 posts)

16. Well I think it is perfectly accurate and makes a lot of sense.

If someone kills another in self defense because someone is attacking and threatening them, you would not call the agitator the victim in a court room. Just because we all know that he does not have a case of self defense (he still has pleaded self defense) and he must be treated the same. If not, then they will surely look to overturn on appeal because the judge allowed the word "victim" to be used. Look it up yourself, I am not doing your research for you, but if you disagree go looking.

::)

17. But it wasnt self defense, in reality and that is what the prosecution would say..

What you and these folks are saying is whatever the defense wants they get, that is not how it works.

So all anyone has to do is claim self defense in ANY trial and the prosecution cant use those words?

Nah...

If there is a criminal attorney here on DU they can be the final word and tell us.

:mental:

Star Member TheRealNorth (4,215 posts)

4. Didn't a guy shoot an alt-right person with a paintball gun last year?

And the Justice Department under Trump rounded up a posse of local law enforcement that killed him.

So thats what happens to liberals that do what Rittenhouse did.

:???:

8. I am not familiar but it sounds normal. If you are liberal or a POC but mostly a POC

you will be treated differently.

:thatsright:

:bird:

Caliman73 (8,632 posts)

9. Take a step back and look at the Macro

The reason that right wing violence is treated very differently than left wing violence is because while people generally do not support violence, Right wing violence is an extreme measure that REINFORCES the current power dynamic.

Right wingers hate the "government" because the government is elevating mongrel races and women to the level of a White man.

Left wing actions, including violence, is typically about disrupting the current power dynamic. People on the far left do not like or want Capitalism. They want a flattened out society.

This is why Antifa, which has extremely little influence on our political structures, is seen as this horrific anarchical, juggernaut, while these right wing organizations that regularly take over wildlife refuges, have armed standoffs with law enforcement, and invade school board meetings, are just seen as "passionate" actors from the right.

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

10. That is part of it, but the main reason the MSM treats the right like the red-headed step-child needing extra care and excuses, is the successful lie in the 60's claimed by the repubs that the MSM is liberal.

As a result, ever since, mainstream media journalists have to give a republican ten chances to respond for every one chance a Democrat gets for any issue, or mainstream media outlets must call Democrats on any action or comment by a Democrat like it's the end of the world and routinely ignore crimes by Republicans.

Journalists were accused of being liberals because they were liberal minded, i.e. educated, mature, worldly, the typical journalist is exposed to much more than your average right winger obviously and is therefore going to be liberal minded because liberal minded is what all decent human beings aspire to be.

And the end result of this is for instance Merrick Garland may well want to charge trump and MTG and Brooks and Boebert and Gohmert and the others who are already proven to be guilty of insurrection, but he KNOWS the MSM will say it is political which will give the right an excuse to go insane and make governing impossible.

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

Star Member Vinca (47,201 posts)

11. For some reason Rittenhouse is being given the benefit of the doubt because of his

young age. Misguided youth and all that baloney. I mean really. Doesn't every teenager have their mom drive them to a rally with a semi-automatic rifle? If we "libtards" showed up to one of the GOP/Klan events and did the same, they'd shoot first and ask questions second.

:yawn:

13. Some reason LOL, that reason is called he shot Black people or liberals so he is AOK with them!

I dont even know who he shot, I should I guess.

I know he was there to shoot Black people and liberals.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: If a liberal went to a MAGA rally and did what Rittenhouse did...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 08:51:33 PM »
Idiot Rosewater (27,615 posts)

13. Some reason LOL, that reason is called he shot Black people or liberals so he is AOK with them!

I dont even know who he shot, I should I guess.

I know he was there to shoot Black people and liberals.

Actually, he shot a released convicted felon with a gun pointed at him (aren't you pea wits supposed to have laws that make it illegal to do that?) a pedophile on the sex offender registry, and a domestic abuser. The trifecta of typical leftist scum, DUmbass.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:05:28 PM »
The stupidity. It hurts.

7. I dont know about that, can you provide a credible link to prove that?

If so why would everyone make a big deal out of this judge doing this and always has but the reporting of it is as if it is not usual, at all.

But I am not a lawyer, YOU may well be and if this is a fact with most courts, I would like to know.

I will immediately change my info here if you prove this to me, I want to be accurate.

People on your side are treating it as abnormal because you are painfully ignorant about what is going on here.

If anything, this ruling prevents the prosecution from giving the Rittenhouse team grounds for appeal if he should be found guilty.

One thing that has become evident is the left's utter lack of any legal argument for Rittenhouse to be found guilty (except perhaps on the underage gun charge). They have only their dumbassed suppositions. That is why they resort to this exercise of claiming how different things would be if the roles were reversed.

It's a very childish way of arguing, but I'll bite.

So DU, let me turn the question on you. How would you react if MAGA 'protestors' (many with extensive criminal records) came in from out of state, started fires and threatened to hurt people, and amidst this crisis, a democrat felt the need to pick up a gun and guard property, while treating injured protestors and putting out fires? And someone tried to take the gun from him, promptig him to shoot the protestor to death. And he was attacked with a blunt object while fleeing, prompting him to shoot that attacker to death, and wounding another attacker who tried to draw a gun on him? And every use-of-force expert who isn't a hack deemed it self-defense? Hmm? What say you, you bunch of cutthroat, cretinous ****wits?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 10:06:52 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 09:22:36 PM »
Hundreds and perhaps thousands of riots where BLM, Panti-FA, and the assorted cadre of Soros goons killed and injured civilians and police, and there is no DUmmy righteous indignation about those riots and insurrections.  What about-ism and double standards certainly apply when it comes to leftist actions.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 09:31:21 PM »
I literally just came to my computer to bring this one over....

1. If a MAGA rally attendee chased a liberal protester into a corner and then the lib shot the MAGA guy... EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. of the DUmmies would be praising the protesters bravery, and dedication, and then go to say how traumatic it must have been for the poor protester. They would then scour the MAGA gent's life and repeatedly point out how he had it coming. If other MAGAs then tried to intercede and stop the protestor ala Kenosha protesters, then they too deserved to get shot by their fearless hero.

2. This post:
ForgedCrank (99 posts)

21. This "benefit of the doubt" is called

presumption of innocence, something we all enjoy equally. Even Ted Bundy and Charles Manson. That is the system, and I'm thankful that's the way it is written. Maybe not in this case, but overall it is proper.
Don't worry, this punk is going to prison for the rest of his life, the judge just needs to keep this squeaky clean for obvious reasons. It's ALL on video, there is little to dispute regarding the sequence of events here.

The DUmmie is correct...on the part about it all being on video. He/she/it/they/dirty sock is also correct about the entire sequence having been recorded and witnessed. Where they are incorrect; is their assumption that 12 normal people will see anything besides a kid fleeing an adult... and continues to flee until cornered... and only fires when that adult lunges at the kid.

This entire case hinges on that. If that is considered self defense, then the others attacking him as he fled the location is also self defense. The prosecutors are hoping that they are able to make self defense irrelevant by saying that:

1. He was underage and crossed state lines illegally carried rifle
2. ?
3. Conviction!

The DUmmies can't stand the fact that people don't care about their criminal cause du jour...and would rather have their towns, neighborhoods and businesses left alone than to burn them insupport of criminals.

Also note... that after Rittenhouse popped 3 of the protestors.... violent riots kinda simmered out. I am not sure if that is a product of the Dem machine calling an election stand down... (bad optics for Dem candidates) or if the protestors realized that people take that shit serious after all.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 09:35:21 PM »
and forgot to add:

If the exact same scenario occurred as Kenosha, with the politics reversed of the participants. I believe that it is safe to say, most of the folks saying Rittenhouse was only practicing self defense would also say that Bizarro-world Rittenhouse was also only practicing self defense.

The only real changes of mind would come from the DUmmies

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 12:06:47 AM »

Because they would be a murderer and radical because the people at the rally would not be trying to attack the liberal like the rioters did with Rittenhouse.

2. GOP would demand life in prison and anything less would result in more violence.

Which would be deserved for the murder perpetrated by the liberal. As for further violence? I'd expect more violence to come from Antifa and Burn Loot Murder. Conservatives? Not so much.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 06:10:55 AM »
What world do the DUmmies inhabit?

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 06:59:04 AM »
The DUmmie is correct...on the part about it all being on video. He/she/it/they/dirty sock is also correct about the entire sequence having been recorded and witnessed. Where they are incorrect; is their assumption that 12 normal people will see anything besides a kid fleeing an adult... and continues to flee until cornered... and only fires when that adult lunges at the kid.
I've seen this video multiple times and it is the clearest case of self defense I've ever seen. When Rittenhouse is found not guilty (which he absoultely should be) the flood of tears from the left will be enormous.
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 07:58:16 AM »

1. Wisely or unwisely, Rittenhouse was at a riot scene, not a rally.

2. MAGA-folk don't riot.

3. Eliot Rosewater is so far from reality that the most distant perpendicular universe kicked him out.

But as my signature quote says .......
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 08:23:11 AM »
What world do the DUmmies inhabit?
The one where they are willing to lie and corrupt law enforcement in order to attain power.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 09:17:44 AM »
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 09:32:50 AM »
4. Didn't a guy shoot an alt-right person with a paintball gun last year?

And the Justice Department under Trump rounded up a posse of local law enforcement that killed him.

So thats what happens to liberals that do what Rittenhouse did.

Michael Reinoehl? No, he in fact did kill a Trump supporter, apparently in cold blood. He actually did what the deluded, low-info crowd claims Rittenhouse did.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 09:39:26 AM by ADsOutburst »