Author Topic: Correcting the ‘fairy tale’: A SEAL’s account of how Osama bin really died  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps

Correcting the ‘fairy tale’: A SEAL’s account of how Osama bin really died

Forget whatever you think you know about the night Osama bin Laden was killed. According to a former Navy SEAL who claims to have the inside track, the mangled tales told of that historic night have only now been corrected.

“It became obvious in the weeks evolving after the mission that the story that was getting put out there was not only untrue, but it was a really ugly farce of what did happen >>>

The helicopters, called “Stealth Hawks,” are inconspicuous machines concealing cutting-edge technology. They entered the compound as planned, with “Razor 1? disembarking its team of SEALs on the roof of the compound — not on the ground level. There was no crash landing. That wouldn’t occur until after bin Laden was dead.

Meanwhile, “Razor 2? took up a hovering position so that its on-board snipers, some of whom had also participated in the sea rescue of Maersk Alabama captain Richard Phillips, had a clear view of anyone fleeing the compound.

The SEALs then dropped down from the roof, immediately penetrated the third floor, and hastily encountered bin Laden in his room. He was not standing still.

“He dived across the king-size bed to get at the AKSU rifle he kept by the headboard,” wrote Pfarrer in his book. It was at that moment, a mere 90 seconds after the SEALs first set foot on the roof, that two American bullets shattered bin Laden’s chest and head, killing a man who sought violence to the very end.

More on this fiasco from Atlas Shrugged.

The Book at Amazon.com: SEAL Target Geronimo: The Inside Story of the Mission to Kill Osama bin Laden

So is anyone surprised anymore about the lies coming out of this regimes snake oil wagon? Especially if something happens to interrupt our Commissars golf game?
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Janice

Revealed: How Obama was playing golf until 20 minutes before Navy SEALs began mission to take out Bin Laden

DEBUNKING THE MYTHS

U.S. Government says: Team always intended to shoot Bin Laden  

Navy SEALs say: Had he surrendered, we would have taken him alive

Government: Mission took several minutes

SEALs: Bin Laden killed in the first 90 seconds

Government: Protracted gun battle

SEALs: 12 bullets fired

Government: SEALs were on a 'kill mission'

SEALs: The phrase 'kill mission' has been made up by politicians

MORE

A lot more details in this article.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:36:11 AM by Janice »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Caught a fragment of a discussion of this on Fox this morning on my way out to work, can't say I'm real surprised, not too many military folks bought the official political version from the git-go, a couple of 'Back-story' emails did go around, but it'll be nice to see something more solid about it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Caught a fragment of a discussion of this on Fox this morning on my way out to work, can't say I'm real surprised, not too many military folks bought the official political version from the git-go, a couple of 'Back-story' emails did go around, but it'll be nice to see something more solid about it.

I  watched that same interview, and what I found disconcerting was that the FOX reporter seemed determined to discredit the conclusions in the book........apparently written by a former leader of Seal Team Six......

Usually Fox reporting is generally pro-military, but this particulat "talking head" wanted to argue with each point presented by the interviewee.

Confusing.....

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
I'll take the SEAL's word for it, the ****er is dead.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I read all of the linked articles, to include the bogus story, and what Pfarrer writes is acknowledged as what actually happened from those who were there. The whole business of attacking the compound from the ground, blowing various "cage" doors on their way up to the 3rd floor using C4, and shooting the various OBL thugs on the way, but most especially the chopper going down on the way in, was all bullshit.

This apparently was much more than a hot-button issue with the SEALs for them to come forward, even without having their identities revealed. They just don't do that normally, preferring to stay out politics/limelight.

They're understandably pissed as being painted as bloodthirsty cutthroats by the very political assholes that sent them there to begin with.

I ordered Pfarrer's book for my Kindle and will be diving into it in short order.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
I read all of the linked articles, to include the bogus story, and what Pfarrer writes is acknowledged as what actually happened from those who were there. The whole business of attacking the compound from the ground, blowing various "cage" doors on their way up to the 3rd floor using C4, and shooting the various OBL thugs on the way, but most especially the chopper going down on the way in, was all bullshit.

This apparently was much more than a hot-button issue with the SEALs for them to come forward, even without having their identities revealed. They just don't do that normally, preferring to stay out politics/limelight.

They're understandably pissed as being painted as bloodthirsty cutthroats by the very political assholes that sent them there to begin with.

I ordered Pfarrer's book for my Kindle and will be diving into it in short order.

He basically stated that OBL was dead 90 seconds after the team started the assult on the roof.......no protracted gun battle.

I guess what I can't understand is what the Obama administration gains from floating a lie??  How does a phony description of the event benefit anyone.......is it just that the administration's default position is to lie first, even when the truth is simpler, and far less politically risky.

doc

Confucius

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
He basically stated that OBL was dead 90 seconds after the team started the assult on the roof.......no protracted gun battle.

I guess what I can't understand is what the Obama administration gains from floating a lie??  How does a phony description of the event benefit anyone.......is it just that the administration's default position is to lie first, even when the truth is simpler, and far less politically risky.

doc

Well, as I recall how it was announced, Barry got up in front of God and the world and announced OBL's demise (thereby making sure to take the credit). The few details that he offered up were muddled and became even more fuzzy when the re-directs and the statements after the statements and the press conferences followed. In short, Barry's administration didn't know enough to shut up. The more they talked, the worse it got, to the point that the lies were recorded as the truth.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
Well, as I recall how it was announced, Barry got up in front of God and the world and announced OBL's demise (thereby making sure to take the credit). The few details that he offered up were muddled and became even more fuzzy when the re-directs and the statements after the statements and the press conferences followed. In short, Barry's administration didn't know enough to shut up. The more they talked, the worse it got, to the point that the lies were recorded as the truth.

The way it was portrayed in the press (photos at least) was that they were all sitting around in the WH situation room, watching the assult in "real time" (via satellite imagery or that from one of the helos), so you'd think if that was true, they would have some idea of what went down.....failing that, at least wait for the field commanders' "after action report" before the rush to the cameras to make an announcement.......

The asshole's dead, so no big beal, but I think that if the SEAL's account is true, something doesn't pass the smell test......there's a hidden agenda here, that lying bastard always has one.

doc

Confucius

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The way it was portrayed in the press (photos at least) was that they were all sitting around in the WH situation room, watching the assult in "real time" (via satellite imagery or that from one of the helos), so you'd think if that was true, they would have some idea of what went down.....failing that, at least wait for the field commanders' "after action report" before the rush to the cameras to make an announcement.......

The asshole's dead, so no big beal, but I think that if the SEAL's account is true, something doesn't pass the smell test......there's a hidden agenda here, that lying bastard always has one.

doc

I'm not sure that Barry's agenda was all that hidden -- he simply wanted to take credit for the operation as soon as possible after the fact, thereby negating the intel that was gathered during the op itself.

IIRC from the many stories linked to the OP, there was a gap of time of somewhere between a few seconds to several minutes in which those sitting in the WH Situation Room did not know what was going on due to an uplink problem. But then the word came, "Germino E-KIA" (Geronimo (OBL) Enemy Killed in Action).

To me this stinks to high heaven because the story that came out from the administration was that the SEALs were ordered to conduct an assassination. The SEALs don't conduct assassinations. They (the SEALs) maintain that had OBL surrendered at the time he was cowering behind one of his wives instead of reaching for a weapon, he would've been taken alive.

A dead OBL doesn't yield any secrets. I would submit that the SEALs are professional enough to recognize the intelligence that could have been elicited from OBL before the bastard went on trial for crimes to humanity.

Offline Janice

A dead OBL doesn't yield any secrets. I would submit that the SEALs are professional enough to recognize the intelligence that could have been elicited from OBL before the bastard went on trial for crimes to humanity.

You are right of course concerning the SEALs but ... intell from a terrorist? Under the Marxist Muslims watch?? And just how would this torture go/ take place? Our Commisar ordered an end to torture techniques like waterboarding, sleep deprivation, and playing Jessica Simpson CDs.

Will we whip him with a wet noodle until he talks? With some goats milk and donuts between takes?

Maybe force him to listen to 0dumbo speeches off teleprompter until he he cant take it anymore?

What? How would this work? (Rhetorical question) Im sure we can all imagine how this would have 'worked out'.

Offline thundley4

Maybe force him to listen to 0dumbo speeches off teleprompter until he he cant take it anymore?

So, the iPod with Obumbler's speeches on it given to the Queen of England was an attempt at torture? 

Offline Janice

So, the iPod with Obumbler's speeches on it given to the Queen of England was an attempt at torture? 

You dont think so?  :ashamed:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

You are right of course concerning the SEALs but ... intell from a terrorist? Under the Marxist Muslims watch?? And just how would this torture go/ take place? Our Commisar ordered an end to torture techniques like waterboarding, sleep deprivation, and playing Jessica Simpson CDs.

Will we whip him with a wet noodle until he talks? With some goats milk and donuts between takes?

What? How would this work? (Rhetorical question) Im sure we can all imagine how this would have 'worked out'.

I understand your "rhetorical" point, Janice, but I'm not going to wring my hands with you -- for starters, because it's a moot point. OBL's dead.

Secondly, you're taking the evident position that Barry or his minions would personally intervene with every nuance and tehnique in the extraction of information out of OBL -- presumably to ensure that OBL wouldn't be "uncomfortable" during the information extraction process. I submit that the political impact of his or his minions doing so and that information becoming public (as it surely would) would categorically spell his doom next November (not that he isn't headed there anyway).

No, Barry is too busy raising money for his pointless quest to be hired again next year. Or golfing. Or otherwise disengaged. He's too lazy to actually get involved with something that requires effort to ask questions or otherwise show a little interest. 

No, had OBL lived, it's my take that while waterboarding might not be permitted under Barry's watch, he wouldn't get so involved that other techniques just as effective wouldn't be used. And wet noodles ain't part of the game plan.

Offline Janice

Well, I suppose there is a bit of 'wringing of the hands' suggested in there somehow/where ...

But what Im really concerned about is future 'interrogations' of such 'suspects' ... as OBL has already 'retired' to his celestial dirt nap.

I really dont know how to express my outrage about how this administration and dimmocrats in general to include Sen Dick 'turbin' Durbin, Harry (you tourists stink) Reid, Nancy 'stretch' Pelosi and others have completely made national security a joke. Unless of course your talking about the REAL terrorists like the tea partiers and conservatives.

Dammit ... now Im ready for a real martini.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Well, I suppose there is a bit of 'wringing of the hands' suggested in there somehow/where ...

But what Im really concerned about is future 'interrogations' of such 'suspects' ... as OBL has already 'retired' to his celestial dirt nap.

I really dont know how to express my outrage about how this administration and dimmocrats in general to include Sen Dick 'turbin' Durbin, Harry (you tourists stink) Reid, Nancy 'stretch' Pelosi and others have completely made national security a joke. Unless of course your talking about the REAL terrorists like the tea partiers and conservatives.

Dammit ... now Im ready for a real martini.

I'm about ready to have one with you. The sheer amount of whining, pissing and moaning, and complaining about the methodology that's used to get the very information that spells success for the politicians doing the whining is unbelievable.

John McLame is on record about the torture thing -- as if waterboarding is torture.  :whatever: Personally, I don't give a damn if it is torture. The question should be, "Does it work?" If the answer is yes, hey, do whatcha gotta do.

Offline Janice

200+ years this nation has survived all kinds of tragedies, wars, pestilence .... you name it.

Then along came the modern demonrat party and todays sycophant leftist media resulting in an unrelenting assault on common sense via anti-Americanism along with her illegitimate sister political correctness. The 'incrementalism' of the left over the last century has finally caught up with us. Meanwhile todays elite GOP opt to 'feed the beast' hoping perhaps, they will be ate last.

Now we cant even defend our language, our culture or our republic properly anymore w/o all the 'whining, pissing, moaning, and complaining' that you refer to. PC is the end of a once great culture and nation ... unless ...

Conservatives can get elected who are willing to defumigate and do what needs to be done. BUT ... are there enough informed/caring/diligent voters? This nation can survive an 0bamination. But can it survive the voters who put this America hating demagogue in power?

Offline Janice

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qgVn-Op7Q[/youtube]

Oldie but goodie ...