Author Topic: Vice President Biden complains after dust-up with conservative reporter  (Read 440 times)

Offline CG6468

Vice President Biden complains after dust-up with conservative reporter
By Alexander Bolton - 10/25/11 05:00 AM ET

Joe Biden’s office has complained to the Senate press gallery about a confrontation the vice president had with a conservative journalist last week on Capitol Hill.

Biden aides asked whether Senate rules were broken in the wake of the contentious exchange between the vice president and the reporter.

Jason Mattera, who works for Human Events, a conservative magazine, used a pretext to catch Biden off guard in a Senate hallway and grill him on claims the vice president has made about jobs legislation.

Biden’s office has also contacted the standing committee of correspondents, which oversees the gallery, regarding whether Mattera broke the rules by ambushing him.

Ambushed? Hey, Hairplug! Turnabout is fair play!  :mad:

Complaint from Shitforbrains
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Karin

Re: Vice President Biden complains after dust-up with conservative reporter
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
If you're in politics, the press is part of the job.  Can't take the heat?  He's taking a bad situation and making it worse. 

The Washington Post’s fact-checker ripped Biden’s claims over the weekend, giving the vice president “four Pinocchios” and writing that he “should know better than to spout off half-baked facts in service of a dubious argument.”

Alas, no love from the commenters at The Hill. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »
Yes, God forbid you should have to answer any questions about outrageous comments you've made, Plugs.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »

Reporter who bugged Biden: ‘They’re suggesting that my credentials get yanked’ for ‘rape’ question

Vice President Joe Biden’s office has asked the U.S. Senate Press Gallery to investigate conservative journalist Jason Mattera’s tactics during a recent interview, a process that could result in his press credentials being revoked, The Daily Caller has learned.

Mattera, the editor of Human Events and a widely known video ambush interviewer, caught Biden by surprise after asking if he would pose together for a joint picture. While embracing the vice president for the photo, Mattera asked Biden if he “regrets using a rape reference to describe Republican opposition to the president’s bill.”

After pausing for a moment during which he appears shocked, Biden attempted to defend his comments.

“I didn’t use — no, no, no,” Biden told Mattera amid a crowd of onlookers on Capitol Hill. “What I said — let’s get it straight, guy, don’t screw around with me. Let’s get it straight.” >>>

Biden, it turns out, was incorrect. The Washington Post’s fact-checker blog gave him “four Pinocchios,” the worst possible rating it can give to politicians for incorrect statements. FactCheck.org also debunked Biden’s assertions. >>>

Leftist idiots like Joe Bite-Me want all of their precious freedoms and liberties unbounded. But if you dare to question or criticize them, they want you personally, financially and professionally destroyed.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:06 PM »
Let's also note how many reporters were threatened with or had their credentials pulled by Bush/Cheney.

Whoops, didn't mean to point out your hypocrisy or anything there, liberals.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:32 PM »
Oops ... I see CG6468 had already posted this. Nvrmind.  :whistling:

(I got distracted after I started posting this about an hour ago) :thatsright:
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
Joe "Big F*ckin' Deal" Biden is just another bully libtard politician, the poster child of thugocracy.

Since he was first elected to the senate in '72 he no doubt has enjoyed a tight security bubble around him everywhere he goes. It's easy to play the tough guy, to run your mouth and sh!t all over people when you're backed by burly men wearing suits and sunglasses with earpieces and shoulder holsters.

For once I'd like to see Joe "Big F*ckin' Deal" Biden all by his lonesome in a blue collar bar anywhere in the country on a Friday night. I'd say odds are pretty good he would be on his back taking a haymaker nap because of his mouth in short order.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan