Author Topic: I think I blew a gasket  (Read 1398 times)

Offline 5412

I think I blew a gasket
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:10:27 PM »
Hi Folks,

On Fox news today they had some nitwits discussing a survey that concluded that folks felt left out when they see Christmas trees displayed in public.  In other words, non-Christians were made to feel bad, left out, and one of the folks wanted them discontinued so as to not hurt their feelings.

After I got done screaming at the TV, my hand shaking as I grabbed the clicker and turned it off, veins popping out in my head, and realizing that I cannot remember the last time I was this angry....and thanking God I did not have a heart attack, I tried to calm myself down.  So in the sake of personal therapy, I am hoping my friends on the forum will tolerate my rant.  And, ironically, my name is Dennis Miller, and I damn sure am going to rant.

1.  To those who may be offended, or feel left out when they see Christmas trees in public, feel free to go home.  As a matter of fact, get the hell out of here.

2.  I have been in muslim countries on many occasions, when the call to prayer was sounded.  I have had folks in my business meeting, grab their blankie and get on the floor, face allah and do their thing without explanation or apology.  I was not upset, left out, it is their right to do that, although I must also admit it reminded me of the chant at Florida State football games.  At the same time, I will also admit, I admired them wishing more Americans were just as committed to their religion as the muslims are to theirs.  I can also assure you had anyone objected or voiced being offended by what was taking place, their visa would have been voided and they would have been thrown out of the country in a matter of minutes.

3.  When the hell is someone in the media or government just going to say, "GROW UP!"  Walk through buddist countries and you see temples, I am sure in the Jewish folks are not shy about having synagogues and celebrating Hannaukuah in their country, nor should they be.  Isn't the United States supposed to be tolerant of those with different beliefs?  Well damnit, when non-Christians are in our country, they damn sure better be tolerant of ours also.

4.  Who the hell paid for the survey?  I hope it was not our tax dollars.

5.  And finally, any politician or government employee who supports the idea of bending to their will should be summarily fired.  Enough is enough!

best regards, and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas,

aka Dennis Miller

Offline ConservativeMobster

Re: I think I blew a gasket
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 01:21:31 PM »
Hi Dennis, hope you feel better now........I sure do.  I agree with you 100%

Merry Christmas, sir!
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »
Well, Dennis, gaskets are relatively easy to come by. Suggest you just use a little gasket sealer to keep things tidy and tight!

Anyway, more to the point:

While the term Christmas tree indeed has a Christian bent, the tradition of putting a tree, or a portion of a tree, in a home predates Christianity by, oh, maybe a couple thousand years?

Pagans and their trees

P.S. Screw the bastards if they don't like my tree, and they can pound sand up their asses if they feel "left out."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
It is just another reason to become Christian..

"Embrace Christ... We have better Holidays"

Offline 5412

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 02:03:31 PM »
Well, Dennis, gaskets are relatively easy to come by. Suggest you just use a little gasket sealer to keep things tidy and tight!

Anyway, more to the point:

While the term Christmas tree indeed has a Christian bent, the tradition of putting a tree, or a portion of a tree, in a home predates Christianity by, oh, maybe a couple thousand years?

Pagans and their trees

P.S. Screw the bastards if they don't like my tree, and they can pound sand up their asses if they feel "left out."

Ahhh Eupher,

Thank you for sharing your feelings, honestly I feel better.  At 70 years old, my gaskets are a bit worn so it is kind of scary to me.  At the same time realizing that others feel just as strongly as I do is a bit comforting.

I am just so tired of the bullshit, and I fear many others are too.  Really, enough is enough.  Our country is open to anyone who shares our values, and no you do not have to share our religious beliefs, but work hard, be a good citizen, teach your kids right from wrong and this is a great country.  But I am sick and tired of being told we have to bend to them.

regards,

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »
Check this out.  This might make you smile.   :-)

Merry Christmas Dennis!

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,52932.0.html
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline 5412

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »
Check this out.  This might make you smile.   :-)

Merry Christmas Dennis!

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,52932.0.html

Hi,

This is ironic, right below your post is a happy channaukah message and above is Merry Christmas.  What irony just symbolizing the tolerance of America.

You too have a Merry Christmas,

regards,

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
Dude, I'd think you'd have replacing gaskets down to a five-minute drill by now...

:whistling:

Just kiddin' - Merry Christmas!

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
I think I blew a gasket

Gasket called.

He wants to know if he can have your number.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
There's nothing wrong with blowing a gasket. It means you care about something. Far too many sheeple these days walk around in a numbed stuper and don't care.

I blow a gasket at least once a week.  :-)

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline cavegal

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 04:49:55 PM »
A Very Merry Christmas to you 5412! I seem to blow a gasket on a daily basis these days.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »
My Pakistani Muslim friend helped me decorate my tree, and then went on to his other Muslim friend's house and had a Christmas decorating party.  My Indian coworker's wife and kids are in India visiting relatives, but they are opening gifts while there (even though they are Hindu).  None of these people are Christian, of course, but they like celebrating.  Boo hoo hoo if a tree makes you cry.  Next up- war on the Easter bunny.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »
My Pakistani Muslim friend helped me decorate my tree, and then went on to his other Muslim friend's house and had a Christmas decorating party.  My Indian coworker's wife and kids are in India visiting relatives, but they are opening gifts while there (even though they are Hindu).  None of these people are Christian, of course, but they like celebrating.  Boo hoo hoo if a tree makes you cry.  Next up- war on the Easter bunny.
Please keep in mind that a vast majority of the complaining liberals do on behalf of "oppressed minorities" is done without the minority's behest or consent.

Essentially they're calling your Hindu and Muslim friends bigots and then they're encouraging and facilitating that bigotry.

My message to liberals after reading your post: drop the bigotry and get a bigger tree!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 06:42:14 PM »
Gasket called.

He wants to know if he can have your number.
:rimshot: 

+1 to the Bunny.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 07:00:20 PM »
5. And finally, any politician or government employee who supports the idea of bending to their will should be summarily fired.  Enough is enough!
BINGO!
I'm right there with you brother. Merry Christmas Dennis.

Offline 5412

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
BINGO!
I'm right there with you brother. Merry Christmas Dennis.

Hi Folks,

May you all have a blessed Merry Christmas also.

regards,
Dennis

Offline Rainbow Rising

• This is how I felt then. It is how I feel today.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 01:04:01 AM »
1.  To those who may be offended, or feel left out when they see Christmas trees in public, feel free to go home.  As a matter of fact, get the hell out of here.

They should chug on over to Namby Pamby Land and let the rest of us enjoy Christmas in peace!

Excellent rant. :clap:
"Civility" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

"Hate speech" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »
Please keep in mind that a vast majority of the complaining liberals do on behalf of "oppressed minorities" is done without the minority's behest or consent.

Essentially they're calling your Hindu and Muslim friends bigots and then they're encouraging and facilitating that bigotry.

My message to liberals after reading your post: drop the bigotry and get a bigger tree!

I totall agree with you MSB.  My Pakistani friend and I were talking about this tonight. I asked him if he realized how many crazy people here are insulted on his behalf. Honestly, he couldn't believe it.  He told me that back home, people always say merry Christmas to their Christian friends, just as others say happy Eid to those celebrating that day. Strange world we live in when people have to find something to be outraged about.