Author Topic: Ensign, DeMint to Force Vote on Health Care Bill Unconstitutionality  (Read 3852 times)

Offline ballantine

• Pest
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Ensign, DeMint to Force Vote on Health Care Bill Unconstitutionality
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
Since when has congress given a damn about the constituionality of the laws they pass?

The majority of those laws do NOT fall within their enumerated powers to begin with.

Now all of a sudden they are concerned?

I call bullshit.

I bet I wouldn't have to look too hard to find legislation that the two senators mentioned voted to support that were beyond the powers granted to the Congress by the Constitution.

If I sound bitter, it's because I am.  I think both parties suck and have for decades.

I agree with this perspective. I am becoming disenchanted with both parties, IMO they've both sold us out.

I may have found an alternative: they call themselves the American Populist Party. They're constitutionaists - and they're also "classical liberals" in the mold of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

What I want is people like Jefferson but with a good business head on their shoulders. If I could magically create a politician, it would be a Jefferson with the business mind of a Hamilton.

I am of the opinion, that our government exists for one purpose only: to protect our Rights.

Everything else it does, derives from that single purpose. The common defense - is to protect our rights. The power to regulate and issue currency - is to protect our rights.

And neither party is protecting our rights these days! The Bush weenies trampled all over them, and Obama and his cadre of unholy corporatists are taking it a step beyond! They're using the commercial law to bypass the Constitution of the United States!

Here is a link to the American Populist Party, check it out and see what you think: http://www.americanpopulistparty.org

They're young, and they seem very angry, and IMO that's a good combination right now. The People need to get angry. Tea parties aren't cutting it. Maybe we shoud go shopping for a bucket of tar and a bag of feathers!  :cheersmate:
I am none the less a slave because I am allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years. - Lysander Spooner

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »
Oh, shit--just when you thought the Paulbots were at the far end of the nutjob scale....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 06:02:08 AM »
American Populist Party - What We Stand For
    - Constitutional Government Of, By and For the People
- Size of government based on Occam's Razor ("as small as possible")
- Sound defense posture, protection of borders, minimal foreign entanglements
- Fiscal sanity, transparent monetary policy, checks and balances without protectionism
- Pro-small-business and enterpreneurship, but anti-globalist-multinationals
- Restore anti-trust enforcement and eliminate anti-trust exemptions
- Pro hard-working immigrants but anti-freeloaders
- Begin paying down the national debt, and no more bailouts at taxpayer expense
- Audit the Federal Reserve Bank and all its member banks
- Eliminate special interest and corporate money in national politics
- End corporate personhood and restore the legal rights of American citizens
- Hands-off federal policy in regards to personal issues (including "sins")
- Socially libertarian domestic policy emphasizing education and self-determination
- Background checks and ongoing scrutiny of public elected officials

Repackaged Libertarianism,nothing new here.
Liberalism with a bit of conservative ideas sprinkled on top to make it palatable or enticing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2009, 08:26:10 AM »
Oh, shit--just when you thought the Paulbots were at the far end of the nutjob scale....

We get Spammer Troll just in time for the Holidays.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 08:26:58 AM »
Repackaged Libertarianism,nothing new here.
Liberalism with a bit of conservative ideas sprinkled on top to make it palatable or enticing.

So this n00b is just another disciple of Dr Nutz?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2009, 09:00:33 AM »
So this n00b is just another disciple of Dr Nutz?

That I couldn`t guess at but it seems a disciple of that utopian dreamworld they live in.
One of the several reasons I walked away from FR as it was becoming more and more a haven for that.
Nothing they stand for is realistic in the sense of governing but they are very good at chest thumping and making noise as their positions won`t last long in the face of debate.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »
That I couldn`t guess at but it seems a disciple of that utopian dreamworld they live in.
One of the several reasons I walked away from FR as it was becoming more and more a haven for that.
Nothing they stand for is realistic in the sense of governing but they are very good at chest thumping and making noise as their positions won`t last long in the face of debate.

Yeah I saw a bunch of them at FR as well.  Claim to be the real Conservatives and the rest of us are just pretenders.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 09:14:41 AM »
Yeah I saw a bunch of them at FR as well.  Claim to be the real Conservatives and the rest of us are just pretenders.

I wasn`t at CU long enough after I asked my FR account be killed to really get a grasp on the "invasion" until after the fact.
I did see them start to come out of the woodwork in force at FR in 06.
That is almost always the tip off..lots of hyperbole and screaming that only they are pure.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2009, 09:37:49 AM »
I wasn`t at CU long enough after I asked my FR account be killed to really get a grasp on the "invasion" until after the fact.
I did see them start to come out of the woodwork in force at FR in 06.
That is almost always the tip off..lots of hyperbole and screaming that only they are pure.

I refer to them as 100%'ers.