Author Topic: Sharpton to Bill Clinton: 'Shut Up'  (Read 3667 times)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Sharpton to Bill Clinton: 'Shut Up'
« on: January 28, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
ABC News' Rick Klein Reports: Rev. Al Sharpton on Monday weighed in on the raging debate inside the Democratic Party over former President Bill Clinton's advocacy on behalf of his wife's campaign, with two choice words for the former president: "Shut up."

On ABC's "The View," Sharpton said voters are hearing "race charges, race-tinged rhetoric" in the Democratic primary campaign, and called on the former president to cease.

"I think it's time for him to just be quiet," said Sharpton, who was a Democratic presidential candidate in 2004. "I think it's time for him to stop. As one of the most outspoken people in America, there's a time to shut up, and I think that time has come."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/sharpton-to-bil.html

Oh gosh this is getting good. Liberal suck-ass Democrats eating each other up!
The best part is the hypocritical elitist Clintons are getting their asses publicly handed to them.

There is nothing better than watching liberal scum self-immolate.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:31:30 PM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Sharpton to Bill Clinton: 'Shut Up'
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »
Oh the irony of Sharptongue telling someone else to shut up.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »
Hillary better listen to Big Al and get a leash on her wife... Bill's going to sink the whole works pretty soon and we sure cant let that happen..  :-)

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
Bill is a master of just ignoring all criticism, he knows all they need is a big win or any victory over Obama for the national media to fall back in line.

The question is: is it too late for the dems to salvage Hillary?
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »
Bill is a master of just ignoring all criticism, he knows all they need is a big win or any victory over Obama for the national media to fall back in line.

but the facts still remain: Hillary has far more delegates than Obama currently. She is winning.. and by a big number.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
I heard the interview this morning....

Whoopi also said pretty much the same thing prior to the Rev coming out for his interview.

I personally loved it... :lmao:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »

Normally, but there have been times when he showed some temper about being criticized...he comes off like a little kid, he doesn't do indignant well.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 07:33:43 PM »

but the facts still remain: Hillary has far more delegates than Obama currently. She is winning.. and by a big number.

With what 4-5% of total delegates accounted for and the national media turning against her?  She is ahead - I wouldn't say she's winning.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »

With what 4-5% of total delegates accounted for and the national media turning against her?  She is ahead - I wouldn't say she's winning.

well, what i saw today was she had 269 (roughly) delegates and Obama only has 100something..  I think when it gets to the west coast, Hillary is getting most of the money and probably the majority of the delegates.

in the south, wow.. i have no idea. i have no clue who will pick those up on either side.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 07:54:37 PM »
She needs over 2,000 to get the nomination so the race is in its infancy. Over 1,000 will be dicided on Super Tuesday. It could be that the uncommited at the convention will pick the nominee because I do not see Obama or Hillary dropping out.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 07:57:40 PM »
She needs over 2,000 to get the nomination so the race is in its infancy. Over 1,000 will be dicided on Super Tuesday. It could be that the uncommited at the convention will pick the nominee because I do not see Obama or Hillary dropping out.

oh yeah, they have a long way to go.. i guess i just keep my eye on who has the most delegates so far, and let the press just squabble between themselves over 'what it all means' every second of every day.

otherwise, i'd think mcCain was the leader right now for the GOP..

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »
oh yeah, they have a long way to go.. i guess i just keep my eye on who has the most delegates so far, and let the press just squabble between themselves over 'what it all means' every second of every day.

At least they stopped talking about Britney.   :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »

Pretty sad that it took something as major as a Presidential election to get Britney off the news every 10 minutes.

Bless her heart.....she really needs help.

(that was a 4-syllable "bless" for those wondering... :-))
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 09:44:07 PM »

well, if you ever to get to missing her babbling.. you can check out 'www.wesmirch.com' for All Things Britney  :cheersmate:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 09:50:18 PM »

well, what i saw today was she had 269 (roughly) delegates and Obama only has 100something..  I think when it gets to the west coast, Hillary is getting most of the money and probably the majority of the delegates.

in the south, wow.. i have no idea. i have no clue who will pick those up on either side.

Does that count Michigan and Florida? If I recall it does not but I heard she was fighting for them in that typical underhanded Clintoon way.  ::)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 09:55:59 PM »

Does that count Michigan and Florida? If I recall it does not but I heard she was fighting for them in that typical underhanded Clintoon way.  ::)

i thought they were not counting Michigan and Florida cause those states had been sanctioned?

Hilary is definitely trying to get those delegates seated in August, but I dont think there's been an answer to it yet.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »

i thought they were not counting Michigan and Florida cause those states had been sanctioned?

Hilary is definitely trying to get those delegates seated in August, but I dont think there's been an answer to it yet.

That's what I understand. I just didn't know if those deligates counted in Hill's lead or not. Just curious.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:13:27 PM »

That's what I understand. I just didn't know if those deligates counted in Hill's lead or not. Just curious.

i would assume they arent in the totals right now..