Author Topic: NY Chapter of NOW BLASTS Kennedy for Obama Endorsement  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
NY Chapter of NOW BLASTS Kennedy for Obama Endorsement
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:14:11 PM »
NY Chapter of NOW BLASTS Kennedy for Obama Endorsement
    “Women have just experienced the ultimate betrayal. Senator Kennedy’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s opponent in the Democratic presidential primary campaign has really hit women hard. Women have forgiven Kennedy, stuck up for him, stood by him, hushed the fact that he was late in his support of Title IX, the ERA, the Family Leave and Medical Act to name a few. Women have buried their anger that his support for the compromises in No Child Left Behind and the Medicare bogus drug benefit brought us the passage of these flawed bills. We have thanked him for his ardent support of many civil rights bills, BUT women are always waiting in the wings.

“And now the greatest betrayal! We are repaid with his abandonment! He’s picked the new guy over us. He’s joined the list of progressive white men who can’t or won’t handle the prospect of a woman president who is Hillary Clinton (they will of course say they support a woman president, just not “this” one). ‘They’ are Howard Dean and Jim Dean (Yup! That’s Howard’s brother) who run DFA (that’s the group and list from the Dean campaign that we women helped start and grow). They are Alternet, Progressive Democrats of America, democrats.com, Kucinich lovers and all the other groups that take women’s money, say they’ll do feminist and women’s rights issues one of these days, and conveniently forget to mention women and children when they talk about poverty or human needs or America’s future or whatever.

“This latest move by Kennedy, is so telling about the status of and respect for women’s rights, women’s voices, women’s equality, women’s authority and our ability – indeed, our obligation - to promote and earn and deserve and elect, unabashedly, a President that is the first woman after centuries of men who ‘know what’s best for us.’”

Linky

Wow.  everything except chappaquiddick and accessory after the fact to rape.

Offline Dixie*Darling

Re: NY Chapter of NOW BLASTS Kennedy for Obama Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »
Not that Fat Teddy's endorsement means anything, but ..

He’s picked the new guy over us.

WTF is it with some women?  Voting for a woman just because she's female?  Show me anything this bitch has done to further women's causes. 

You speak for yourselves you bunch of lezbo feminazi's! 

On that same note:  Edwards is a dick.  Just because I like dick doesn't mean I'd vote for one!   
 :lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

WTF is it with some women?  Voting for a woman just because she's female?  Show me anything this bitch has done to further women's causes. 

On that same note:  Edwards is a dick.  Just because I like dick doesn't mean I'd vote for one!   

yeah, but still . . . . this is about to get good.  how much longer do you think jesse and rev. al can keep their yaps shut?

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »

boy, those are some

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »

yeah, but still . . . . this is about to get good.  how much longer do you think jesse and rev. al can keep their yaps shut?

Hillary Clinton will NEVER be one of US.  She is more of a man than her husband.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
NOW, with its 20 active members, gets more press than they should.  Why's that?  NOW speaks for no one. 

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 05:29:40 PM »

Well, I'm not running for any office so you would never have to vote for me. On the other hand..... :-)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
gawd I hope Romney picks a female veep.

Watching Patsy Ireland have an aneurysm on national TV would be so friggin' awesome.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:40:20 PM »
NOW, with its 20 active members, gets more press than they should.  Why's that?  NOW speaks for no one. 

it is amazing they get asked so many questions and given a place at the national table for being so out of step with most women on the planet.

i mean, they are virtually silent on the atrocities of Saddam and other Middle Eastern countries... they cant be bothered to give opinions on anything but attacking their own country and president.

i dont have any use for them.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »
In short, gang raping of women is commonplace in our culture both physically and metaphorically.
o puh-leeeez!

Someone needs to take a Midol and chill the **** out.

This past week, we witnessed just such a phenomenon involving men who are afraid of a powerful woman. Hillary Clinton, in her quest for her Presidential nomination, has in fact endured infantile taunting and wildly inappropriate commentary. Indeed we have witnessed almost comical attacks by John Edwards who in turn sided with Barak Obama as both snickered at Clinton’s “breakdown,” which consisted of a very short dewy-eyed moment. Now John Kerry, who should certainly know better after his own “swiftboating,” has joined the playground gang…
Think about the legacy we’ll leave behind when we support Hillary Clinton for President of the United States. Let’s put a stop to the psychological “gang banging” of women and girls. Let’s stand up and be counted by way of the hard-won votes we can now cast!
Lucky for NOW that the term "Mad Cow Disease" is already in use.

Life is good.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."