Author Topic: Holy Shit! I got Ron Pauled at work…  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Holy Shit! I got Ron Pauled at work…
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:42:30 PM »
There is a young man that works upstairs in a department we call HAT, I won’t bore you with the details. We have had several conversations in the past, mainly regarding firearms. Yesterday in the middle of a conversation about HK’s and their plusses and minuses he started in on a Ron Paul rant. I told him he was going to hurt something changing gears so fast, he just laughed that little laugh that those who work in the ivory tower always use to show they are mildly amused, in a condescending sort of way. I ignored it but I remember thinking “Oh hell no, a Ronbot. I didn’t think they existed outside of discussion forums”…..

He gave me all the talking points, for a minute I thought I was back in the middle of the great invasion of 12/18. When he was done ranting he came right out and asked me if he could count on me to vote for Ron Paul. I could of just said no and let it go at that but my back has really been bothering me lately, past injuries finally catching up with me I guess so my cranky level was someone elevated. :censored:

This is what I told him. “I would rather drag my ball sack across the backend of an enraged porcupine than vote for Ron Paul” One of my coworkers was listening and broke into laughter. Needless to say that was the end of our discussion about Ron Paul….damn Ronbots. :evillaugh:

He did email me today and apologize for making me angry. I told him I wasn't really angry, just amazed that he was voting for Ron Paul...I told him I thought he was smarter than that...... :lmao:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Holy Shit! I got Ron Pauled at work…
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:43:29 PM »
You should have asked if he likes pie.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
You should have asked if he likes pie.

Or cute fuzzy kittens.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:55:35 PM »
I came across one too.  He is an old boyfriend of my youngest daughter.  They found each other on MySpace.  My daughter brought him over to see the family.  The conversation eventually turned to politics.  Same sh*t.  The old "Ron Paul has never voted for a spending bill".  I made him furious.     

Offline Zeus

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:57:55 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFnEC3wasNE[/youtube]
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:43:46 PM »
A guy that I commission for one of my hobbies is a Ron Paul nut.  I won't say Paulbot, but he is a nut about him (by his own admission).

He posts on his companies blog (he owns it) Ron Paul information now and again, and I'm always tempted to just mention his racist views everynow and then, because I know this guy isn't in line with that thinking.  So far though I've held myself back though.  We have a business relationship, not much more, and I figure it wouldn't help it out if I attack his politics.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 10:55:28 PM »
we still have signs here in this area for Ron Paul... but the uber lefties here in seattle never give up on a bad idea..

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 01:35:14 AM »
I ran into aa pair of them at work tonight. They weretrying to convince a waitress that had actually never heard of Ron Paul to vote for him and why. After I left I told her that she would have  been better off talking to some Moonies and tha tanyone that was for The Ron was a tool. I gave her a few reasons why hes not worth the consideration but I figure that sine she never heard of his before he;ll have no chance of getting her vote as it is.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Kingmanite

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 03:07:09 AM »
Last week I had a Paulbot come to my door....way to early on a Saturday I might add, handing out flyers. I told him I was sorry but that I was not a registered member of the "Crazy Bas**** Party"

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 05:46:19 AM »
Ron Paul--Cause Pat Paulsen is dead and Lyndon LaRouche is still on probation.  Hard to believe LaRouche is from the same town in which I currently reside.

Seriously though--has anyone ever notice how closely LaRouche and Paul's ideas (and anti-Semetism) dovetail each other?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:29 AM »
Ron Paul--Cause Pat Paulsen is dead and Lyndon LaRouche is still on probation.  Hard to believe LaRouche is from the same town in which I currently reside.

Seriously though--has anyone ever notice how closely LaRouche and Paul's ideas (and anti-Semetism) dovetail each other?

how funny.. me and WE were just having a discussion on CU about how Ron Paul and Pat Paulson looked alike and even acted sort of acted alike (scared and weird) as well..

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 12:59:46 PM »
Tell him you won't vote Paul because the jews won't let you.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
Tell him you won't vote Paul because the jews won't let you.

Either that or the NAU will come in the night and sell you to the Illuminati.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford