Author Topic: Bill Clinton Falls Asleep during MLK ceremony (w/ pic and video goodness)  (Read 3675 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
BILL HAS A 'DREAM'
EX PREZ NODS OFF DURING MLK AWARD PRESENTATION

Clinton showed yesterday why he made it into the book "The Art of Napping."

During an appearance at the Convent Avenue Baptist Church in Harlem, the former president was caught nodding off.

Clinton was there during a service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., while his wife was nearby at Abyssinian Baptist Church, where she was endorsed by its minister, Rev. Calvin Butts.

Clinton has had napping episodes before. Among others, he nodded off at a Mets game and at Ronald Reagan's funeral.

When he was president, he told Dan Rather, "If I can take a nap, even 15 or 20 minutes in the middle of the day, it is really invigorating to me. On the days when I'm a little short of sleep, I try to work it out so that I can sneak off and just lie down for 15 minutes, a half an hour, and it really makes all the difference in the world."

Story

Video

I hope Hitlery doesn't hide this guy away.  I am having waaaaaaay too much fun watching him in action. :rofl:

Offline Flame

ok, I know it was the point of the thread, but this caught my attention:

while his wife was nearby at Abyssinian Baptist Church, where she was endorsed by its minister, Rev. Calvin Butts.

wonder if the DUmmies will want to yell and scream about the separation of church and state in this case?    :whatever:

Back on topic, that picture of slick willy is freaking hillarious!!

Offline Lauri

ok, I know it was the point of the thread, but this caught my attention:

while his wife was nearby at Abyssinian Baptist Church, where she was endorsed by its minister, Rev. Calvin Butts.

wonder if the DUmmies will want to yell and scream about the separation of church and state in this case?    :whatever:

oh i think the photo and the separation of church and state screed go hand in hand for these clowns.

they see nothing wrong with Bill Clinton in a church talking about the differences between him and the GOP .. as if HE's running again. He does go on about himself quite a lot and that doesnt help her. But I agree, please Hillary KEEP Bill out there making stupid remarks and doing stupid stuff where the cameras dont miss a trick.

Offline Wretched Excess

I suppose bill is knocking the BarackStar off his message, though.  Instead of his standard "unite the country" line, he has been all over the TV lately trashing bildo clinton.

by the way, does his "unite the country" line sound familiar to "I am a uniter, not a divider" to anyone else but me?

Offline jendf

That's hilarious!!  :rotf:

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Bill's not interested unless he's the center of attention, or at least his member is.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is better than the phony tears he can sprout at will.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
The First Black President "Has a Dream"
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 01:06:18 PM »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: The First Black President "Has a Dream"
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »
 :rotf:

That was priceless....I can see the next mastercard commercial in the works...

Attending a Clinton fundraiser at the largest black church in Harlem: $4600 per couple

A new suit and transportation to attend this function: $1650 per couple

Witnessing Bill Clinton fall asleep during the sermon celebrating  THE icon for Black Rights activism......

PRICELESS

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The First Black President "Has a Dream"
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 05:32:36 PM »
Hey, if you were married to Hillary, you'd spend a lot of time sleeping (alone) too.   :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Bill Clinton Falls Asleep during MLK ceremony (w/ pic and video goodness)
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
He did this during Reagan's funeral if I recall.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »

he was bored at Reagan's funeral because Ronald Reagan was the center of attention.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »

he was bored at Reagan's funeral because Ronald Reagan was the center of attention.

ya know, the whole time i was watching that funeral... i was wondering if Bill Clinton was thinking..

not "... i wonder who will come...?"   but " ... i wonder which tv station will cover it..?"

i truly feel sorry for that putz..

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 09:49:26 PM »

ya know, the whole time i was watching that funeral... i was wondering if Bill Clinton was thinking..

not "... i wonder who will come...?"   but " ... i wonder which tv station will cover it..?"

i truly feel sorry for that putz..

or was it, " . . . I wonder if I will die on top of someone . . . ".