Author Topic: 14 more weeks paid obamacation  (Read 3647 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: 14 more weeks paid obamacation
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
IassaFTots, know anyone looking for someone on the level of a VP of Product Development (degree Industrial Design)?   :-) 

Actually we can't move for another 18 months or my husband has to pay back the money they used to bribe him with to move.  :whatever:

I don't off the top of my head, but I may know someone that does, and I will ask around. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »
Worth a shot...thanks anyway. I am in the process of learning computer programming languages for a career change. I've been looking for entry-level work, but all of it requires a Bachelors in Computer Science. If you get any leads in either department let me know.

God Bless.  I know what you mean.  The only person I know who was a Chemist is now in real estate.  My boyfriend is a former professional brewer, and is now a machinist.  He is getting his Unix Admin Certification to get out of that.  The majority of people I know are all in the Dallas/FW area, and well the way the market is, I doubt employers are paying any relo.  I will ask around.. Where are you?  Although the people I know work locally, some work for national firms, so there might be something where ever you are. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 08:00:31 PM »
Oh Crap D6.  I seem to recall you just started one?  That so sucks.  And it sucks for BC and CS and all y'all. 

Just damn. 

I know lots of recruiters, if anyone wants to move to Big D.  Aside from that, the only thing I can do is say it sucks. 

They looking for people at TXU or Commanche Peak?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 08:19:15 PM »

Glen Rose is beautiful!! Don't tell anyone!!

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »

Dunno.  Will see if I can find out.  Can't hurt, eh?

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »
I know.  Being laid off would be better in the summer when the weather is nicer, though, wouldn't it?

Heh, been there... I've been on unemployment since last March.

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »
God Bless.  I know what you mean.  The only person I know who was a Chemist is now in real estate.  My boyfriend is a former professional brewer, and is now a machinist.  He is getting his Unix Admin Certification to get out of that.  The majority of people I know are all in the Dallas/FW area, and well the way the market is, I doubt employers are paying any relo.  I will ask around.. Where are you?  Although the people I know work locally, some work for national firms, so there might be something where ever you are. 

I have family all over the state of Texas, especially in the DFW area, so relocation is definitely not an issue. I live in Austin currently, but I would be very open to a change of venue if it was a good opportunity to break into the computer industry.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me on this issue.

God Bless,
cclan

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »
I have family all over the state of Texas, especially in the DFW area, so relocation is definitely not an issue. I live in Austin currently, but I would be very open to a change of venue if it was a good opportunity to break into the computer industry.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me on this issue.

God Bless,
cclan

No problem.  I will ask around.  That part is the easy one anyway.   :-)

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »
Oh well, just found out my company lost the funding for the contract position I was hoping to fill. But I'm good on phase II extended unemployment through April, and if the unemployment rate is high enough in that quarter, have a phase III extension of another 13 weeks. Assuming the federal govt. does not continue to pass extensions, once all federal funds run out, there is still a state of VT extension for 13 weeks.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 07:26:11 PM »
Total suckage.  Hang in there!