Author Topic: 14 more weeks paid obamacation  (Read 3655 times)

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
14 more weeks paid obamacation
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »
My previous employer is kind of dragging their feet in rehiring people (and not much in the way of other jobs around), and I was a bit worried because this was my last week of my current extension on Unemployment. The wording of the notice at the dept of labor was a little confusing, so I wasn't positive I was getting another extension, but I just got a letter today. 14 more weeks of benefits dropped into my account. That gets me almost to May if necessary, and I think there is another 13 week federal extension, plus 13 week state extension after that.

Now that I have successfully quit smoking, I'm actually netting more money than when I was working.

Offline thundley4

Re: 14 more weeks paid obamacation
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:06:01 PM »
My previous employer is kind of dragging their feet in rehiring people (and not much in the way of other jobs around), and I was a bit worried because this was my last week of my current extension on Unemployment. The wording of the notice at the dept of labor was a little confusing, so I wasn't positive I was getting another extension, but I just got a letter today. 14 more weeks of benefits dropped into my account. That gets me almost to May if necessary, and I think there is another 13 week federal extension, plus 13 week state extension after that.

Now that I have successfully quit smoking, I'm actually netting more money than when I was working.

Are you sure you're on the right site ?

:bolt:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »
Don't feel too lonely there Crock.  I just got the word literally minutes ago that - once again - I have worked myself out of a job, at least for the nonce.

So, I'll be submitting for my Øbama-Money agin this weekend.  Dammit.  :bawl:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:49:15 PM »
When I get the axe next month, it looks like I'll be getting about $561/week.
Since I don't have any debt, I can probably live on that for a while.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
Oh Crap D6.  I seem to recall you just started one?  That so sucks.  And it sucks for BC and CS and all y'all. 

Just damn. 

I know lots of recruiters, if anyone wants to move to Big D.  Aside from that, the only thing I can do is say it sucks. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
When I get the axe next month, it looks like I'll be getting about $561/week.
Since I don't have any debt, I can probably live on that for a while.

Are you seriously going to be let go next month?

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »
Are you sure you're on the right site ?

:bolt:

Hey, it's not like it's welfare. It's insurance I paid into for over thirty years.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
Oh Crap D6.  I seem to recall you just started one?  That so sucks.  And it sucks for BC and CS and all y'all. 

Just damn. 

I know lots of recruiters, if anyone wants to move to Big D.  Aside from that, the only thing I can do is say it sucks. 

Me me, I want to move to Big D.   :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »
Don't feel too lonely there Crock.  I just got the word literally minutes ago that - once again - I have worked myself out of a job, at least for the nonce.

So, I'll be submitting for my Øbama-Money agin this weekend.  Dammit.  :bawl:

Aww man that really stinks DS.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 05:01:04 PM »
Are you seriously going to be let go next month?

Looks like it.
Took Klinton 8 years to kill the defense industry.
It's taking the new asshole only one.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »
Me me, I want to move to Big D.   :-)

I know darlin.  I know. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 05:12:32 PM »
Hey, it's not like it's welfare. It's insurance I paid into for over thirty years.

I know.  Being laid off would be better in the summer when the weather is nicer, though, wouldn't it?

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »

Just damn. 

doing what??

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
Looks like it.

WTF dude??

I mean we used to put aircraft back together with rivets and sheet metal, startig this month the people on the line were given cardboard and silly putty.

http://www.navsea.navy.mil/nswc/dahlgren/RECRUIT/whowant.aspx

Lot of you nerdy types at Dahlgren
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »
doing what??

Whatever.    I have right at 20+ yrs of HR/Benefits exp in the DFW area.  I keep contacts.  Networking is key.  So, recruiters call me often when they have jobs available, and I pass the word if I know someone. 

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »
Whatever.    I have right at 20+ yrs of HR/Benefits exp in the DFW area.  I keep contacts.  Networking is key.  So, recruiters call me often when they have jobs available, and I pass the word if I know someone. 

Give me about 5 and maybe my brother can figure out which one he likes best. lol.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
Give me about 5 and maybe my brother can figure out which one he likes best. lol.

Haha.  Seriously, if you know peeps in DFW looking for work, you can PM me, and I can send the names of recruiters I know, with contact info. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

Ma'am, I could kiss you. 

I think I'm okay for now, but if you knew of someone who could use a good accountant (with a CPA), I've got a BIL who just had to move from Georgia because he worked himself out of a job back in April.  PM me for more info, or if you think of a contact I can pass a long to him.

Bless you, young lady.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »

If you have heard of any openings in the chemistry field, I would love to get my resume to you immediately.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 07:39:35 PM »
If you have heard of any openings in the chemistry field, I would love to get my resume to you immediately.

Wish that I did, but sadly, I don't think so.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »
Ma'am, I could kiss you. 

I think I'm okay for now, but if you knew of someone who could use a good accountant (with a CPA), I've got a BIL who just had to move from Georgia because he worked himself out of a job back in April.  PM me for more info, or if you think of a contact I can pass a long to him.

Bless you, young lady.

Ma'am.  Cute.  I ain't that old now!  Been working since college, and just stayed in the same field, partially due to a lack of desire to start all over.  Consider yourself PM'd.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 07:46:28 PM »
Looks like it.

Wow, I am so sorry BC. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 07:51:44 PM »
IassaFTots, know anyone looking for someone on the level of a VP of Product Development (degree Industrial Design)?   :-) 

Actually we can't move for another 18 months or my husband has to pay back the money they used to bribe him with to move.  :whatever:

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
Wish that I did, but sadly, I don't think so.

Worth a shot...thanks anyway. I am in the process of learning computer programming languages for a career change. I've been looking for entry-level work, but all of it requires a Bachelors in Computer Science. If you get any leads in either department let me know.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:13 PM »
Wow, I am so sorry BC. 

It is a whole mess of suck, ain't it?