Author Topic: Totus Blog  (Read 614 times)

Offline thundley4

Totus Blog
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:19:11 PM »
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2009

No More Wasted Time
Before heading out to golf and then play basketball and do a date night with Lady M, Big Guy thought it might be a good idea to clear some paper from his desk in the Oval. After all, what with everything he's been doing lately, he hasn't had much time to read reports or sign letters and such.

I was sitting on the sofa leafing through the latest issues of Entertainment Weekly and Taste of Home (reminder: tear out that recipe for what sound like divine meringue chocolate chip cookies), that he keeps out there on the coffee table, when O looked up and and said, "You know, maybe I need to stop focusing on the unimportant things and stop wasting time and energy on things like the Olympics and the economy. Maybe folks expect me to really focus on what's important, things that have meaning in people's lives, like health care and climate change."  I agreed.

Then he signed a letter congratulating Sen. Ted Kennedy on yesterday achieving 40 days of sobriety, and we went out to get his golf clubs.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2009

We Got Waxed ...
We're still a couple hours out of Andrews Air Force Base, but the Wi-Fi here on Air Force One is pretty good, so I'm trying to post in real time.

Well, Big Guy gave it his best shot. He used me superbly on stage this morning, but alas, there is no gold medal for reading from a teleprompter. Though there should be.

After we did our presentation, Big Guy sat down on Air Force One with Gen. Stanley McChrystal. He seems like a nice fellow. Big Guy, though, was kind of mad at him for going public with the fact that the two hadn't spoken very often. As he told the general, it's tough to focus on a failing policy when we've had a lot on our plates, what with saving the economy, getting universal health care, negotiating Iran's denuclearization, standing tall against Russia, and winning the Olympic bid.

Oh. Never mind.
http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/