Author Topic: Gas Prices Going Up.....  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Gas Prices Going Up.....
« on: February 17, 2021, 12:05:02 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215120095

global1
Gas Prices Going Up.....

The oil companies know that American's are getting Covid Stimulus money and they have their hands in our wallets and want to get their share of it.

Any one willing to clue this dumb ass in?  Are they seriously going to go there after Joe has promised to kill the oil and gas industry in this country AND with the stroke of a pen and no votes in Congress, effectively laid off 12,000 people?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Gas Prices Going Up.....
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:41:16 AM »
What's this DUmmy sniveling about.  This is this their wet dream.  Raise the price of gas and drive us to using their beloved public transportation or drive a neutered car like a prius or leaf.

On another note,  E-85 or flex fuel is going for $1.99 a gallon in California compared to regular at $3.25 a gallon at Costco. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 01:16:20 AM »
global 1.Your green energy fantasy is just beginning. You have voted into power an ideology who has promised to lower your standard of living. ENJOY IT! It's your baby.
Trying to blame this on the oil companies raises you to a level of idiocy usually reserved for elected officials from NYC and/or San Francisco.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »
global1
Gas Prices Going Up.....

The oil companies know that American's are getting Covid Stimulus money and they have their hands in our wallets and want to get their share of it.

Ummmmmm, wouldn't the current legislation be the third round of stimulus checks? Why did the eeeeeee-vile oil companies wait for the third round of stimulus checks to cash in?

In the real world, Biden shrank the near-future supply of oils and threatened the current supply, while demand is unchanged. The price increases are simply supply and demand effects, if they are not normal seasonal increases. Biden "owns" the price increases. Besides, don't good little Proggies want $5 per gallon gas?

:ownit:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 10:03:21 AM »
First point dummie. Go look at the price of oil sine 1/1/21
Second point. On top of the 12000 mentioned above, there is at least one refinery and likely more down on the gulf coast with reduced staff as they have no supply to process.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 10:11:37 AM »
Anybody besides me notice how things have gone from good to pretty bad the past 28 days?  Unemployment up, gasoline prices up, stimulus checks long overdue, the vaccination program which had been going along swimmingly suddenly stalled, bitterly cold weather such as was never seen the preceding four years, nothing being done about the monopolistic tyranny of big tech?  What's bone-chilling is, I suspect it's going to get even worse, and at the end of these four years, this will be considered "the good old days."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 10:46:56 AM »
Anybody besides me notice how things have gone from good to pretty bad the past 28 days?  Unemployment up, gasoline prices up, stimulus checks long overdue, the vaccination program which had been going along swimmingly suddenly stalled, bitterly cold weather such as was never seen the preceding four years, nothing being done about the monopolistic tyranny of big tech?  What's bone-chilling is, I suspect it's going to get even worse, and at the end of these four years, this will be considered "the good old days."

So true on all accounts, but to the DUmmies life is good because Orange Man is out.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 11:03:48 AM »
So true on all accounts, but to the DUmmies life is good because Orange Man is out.

Not to mention none of them had jobs to lose so they are unaffected.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 11:14:35 AM »
God they are stupid shits.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »
God they are stupid shits.

the most succinct response to any DUmmie post or rambling, ever.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 08:00:12 PM »

Yes I do.  Of course it is all roses and glory in the MSM.  I noticed that the CovId19 stats have disappeared from my daily liberal rag. 

Well except for the weather and that is due to globall warming climate change and as soon as we all have electric vehicles that will suddenly cease to be a problem.

Better buy a gas burner now while you can cause you won't be able to before long.

I am reminded of a song by the Rock band Rush (how appropriate on the day that Rush Limbaugh died?) called the Red Barchetta back in the 70-80's. For those of you not familiar with the song and lyrics:

Lyrics:
https://genius.com/Rush-red-barchetta-lyrics
Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

It was prophetic.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 08:04:39 PM »
the most succinct response to any DUmmie post or rambling, ever.

I was thinking it was this:

Can't remember who originally posted it now. The dummie in question is long forgotten but the reply was classic.  Might not have been here but the other site.  Can't remember anymore.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »
Yes I do.  Of course it is all roses and glory in the MSM.  I noticed that the CovId19 stats have disappeared from my daily liberal rag. 

If you're terminally curious, the US page here, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , has stats for the US and individual states. If you click "Countries" at the top of the page it takes you to a page with the world's countries, and you can see how the US compares. Of course, if you believe data from China or Iran or many Third World countries ...

If you want to track US vaccine progress, this is updated sort of daily, https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations . You can see the US as a whole, and if you hover over a state you can see how it is doing. I think the CDC has been playing games the past week or two in a way that obscure the gap between vaccine doses distributed to the states and vaccine doses injected. The data isn't being falsified, but the sync between the two numbers looks like it's being toyed with so that the gap is around 16M or 18 M doses one day and 22M-24M another. I think reality is a 20M-22M dose gap - doses sitting in storage - which the gap has been for quite a few weeks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 09:47:26 PM »
If you're terminally curious, the US page here, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , has stats for the US and individual states. If you click "Countries" at the top of the page it takes you to a page with the world's countries, and you can see how the US compares. Of course, if you believe data from China or Iran or many Third World countries ...

If you want to track US vaccine progress, this is updated sort of daily, https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations . You can see the US as a whole, and if you hover over a state you can see how it is doing. I think the CDC has been playing games the past week or two in a way that obscure the gap between vaccine doses distributed to the states and vaccine doses injected. The data isn't being falsified, but the sync between the two numbers looks like it's being toyed with so that the gap is around 16M or 18 M doses one day and 22M-24M another. I think reality is a 20M-22M dose gap - doses sitting in storage - which the gap has been for quite a few weeks.

I am *always* skeptical of stats and projections, no matter the source.  If I recall projections were for the USA to have 2-3 million deaths in the first 6 months. 

As for stats, ask any hospital accountant. If it is the WU Flu as cause of death,  they get the full ride from the feds. So what happens?  Any death that can be attributed to the Wu Flu is attributed whether is the sole cause, not the sole cause or sometimes not even remotely related to the Wu Flu but can be attributed to the Wu Flu cause of antibodies.

As for the vaccine... well I understand it is a huge undertaking but we seem to be able to accomplish it every year with the flu vaccine so why not now?  Production problem? Well fix it. Distribution problem? Well fix it.

All I am saying is that now that President-in-exile Trump is not longer in office things have suddenly got a 1000 percent better.  :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »
1. Your local newspaper's source for stats was your state or the Feds (who get the data from the states). There is no data source independent from governments.

2. Yes, the deaths data is inflated to some degree by including people who died of other causes, but happened to also be Covid positive. It also oversimplifies, by not distinguishing between people with other medical problems who were pushed over the edge by Covid and those who simply died of Covid. All that is only news on places like DU where they don't want to hear it, :lalala: .

3. Influenza vaccines are not designed and tested from scratch every year. Each influenza vaccine given in any given year was developed years or decades ago. The difference year to year is which strain health officials believe (based on early data) will be most in circulation. Production of the vaccine for that influenza strain is then ramped up (a months-long process that dictates when the guesstimate "has to be" made) and then distributed. Sometimes the early guesstimate is more or less correct, and sometimes not.

Development of the Covid-19 vaccines all began, at the earliest, on January 10, 2020, when the DNA sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus was leaked to the world by somebody at a Chinese university (i.e. an unofficial act). The vaccines then went through all the test phases - something influenza vaccines did years or decades ago. In the case of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, they are the first two vaccines using mRNA technology to be approved for use (I hope you haven't bought the anti-vaxxers' mRNA reprograms your DNA BS).

In short, the several influenza vaccines were all developed long ago, while the various Covid vaccines were all developed, at most, 13 months and a week ago.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 09:39:12 AM »
I am *always* skeptical of stats and projections, no matter the source.  If I recall projections were for the USA to have 2-3 million deaths in the first 6 months. 

As for stats, ask any hospital accountant. If it is the WU Flu as cause of death,  they get the full ride from the feds. So what happens?  Any death that can be attributed to the Wu Flu is attributed whether is the sole cause, not the sole cause or sometimes not even remotely related to the Wu Flu but can be attributed to the Wu Flu cause of antibodies.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-killed-crash-listed-covid-19-death-raising-doubts-over-health-data-1518994

Florida Man Killed in Crash Listed as COVID-19 Death, Raising Doubts Over Health Data

A person in their 20s, who was killed in a motorcycle accident, was initially reported to have died from COVID-19, according to Dr. Raul Pino, Health Officer for the Florida Department of Health in Orange County, Miami's WSVN reported.

"We were discussing or trying to argue with the state. Not because of the numbers. I mean, it's 100. It does not make any difference if it's 99, but the validity that the fact that the individual didn't die from COVID-19, died in a crash," Pino argued.

Just sayin'.

KC

*Stolen

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 07:08:21 PM »
1. Your local newspaper's source for stats was your state or the Feds (who get the data from the states). There is no data source independent from governments.

Yes I understand that. What I am saying is that it is the hospital doctors that sign the death certificate saying whether it was CovID-19 or not. If it was CovID-19, then they get some federal funding. There is great pressure on the MD's to assign the death to covid-19 or related to it.

I have worked for several states on statistical projections for retirement, insurance, OPEB, etc.  Not a one was happy with the projections and wanted me to "massage" the data to get the desired outcome.  They wanted me to take out the projected turnover for OPEB, which is usually 20 percent or more in state governments. Especially for the lower paid positions and for employees with less than 6 yrs of service. If you take out the turnover percentage, the situation looks rather more bleak than it actually is.

I do not trust any government statistic that I cannot look at the raw data myself. I damned sure don't trust "models" and I double damned sure don't trust any stats related to climate or Covid-19.   :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 08:01:21 PM »

I do not trust any government statistic that I cannot look at the raw data myself. I damned sure don't trust "models" and I double damned sure don't trust any stats related to climate or Covid-19.   :cheersmate:

Statistics never lie. Statisticians on the other hand ...

I’m like and I’ll add in polls. I get to read the questions for myself and get a set of demographics for the folks used to supply answers.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »
Ummmmmm, wouldn't the current legislation be the third round of stimulus checks? Why did the eeeeeee-vile oil companies wait for the third round of stimulus checks to cash in?

In the real world, Biden shrank the near-future supply of oils and threatened the current supply, while demand is unchanged. The price increases are simply supply and demand effects, if they are not normal seasonal increases. Biden "owns" the price increases. Besides, don't good little Proggies want $5 per gallon gas?

:ownit:

Every word above, with bells on, Pete!!! :clap:  :clap:

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 11:08:20 PM »
I was thinking it was this:

Can't remember who originally posted it now. The dummie in question is long forgotten but the reply was classic.  Might not have been here but the other site.  Can't remember anymore.

Hahaha that is great too

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 09:04:03 AM »
One thing I forgot in my post above, if DU-member goober1 lives in CA, we may be around the time when refineries start switching from the winter boutique blend of gas to the summer boutique blend of gas. Prices always increase during the switch-over because supply is temporarily lessened while demand is unchanged.