Author Topic: Why doesn't Comer want Hunter to testify publicly?  (Read 589 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Why doesn't Comer want Hunter to testify publicly?
« on: November 30, 2023, 11:11:35 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4334186-hunter-bidens-public-hearing-request-creates-gop-divisions/

Seems Hunter Biden is willing to testify in front of Congress, but is saying he will only do it in a public setting.  James Comer is blasting it for some reason, and getting reamed on the interwebs for it.  Anyone in here have a clue what strategy Comer may be going for?  What is the problem with Hunter testifying in a public hearing verses a closed door one?  Makes no sense to me, and looks like Republicans shooting themselves in the foot yet again. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: Why doesn't Comer want Hunter to testify publicly?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 02:56:15 PM »
Maybe to many people in both parties will be embarrassed  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 03:37:21 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4334186-hunter-bidens-public-hearing-request-creates-gop-divisions/

Seems Hunter Biden is willing to testify in front of Congress, but is saying he will only do it in a public setting.  James Comer is blasting it for some reason, and getting reamed on the interwebs for it.  Anyone in here have a clue what strategy Comer may be going for?  What is the problem with Hunter testifying in a public hearing verses a closed door one?  Makes no sense to me, and looks like Republicans shooting themselves in the foot yet again.

My understanding is that Hunter's slime ball leftist lawyer Abbe Lowell wants to make it a public hearing to create a dog and pony show. And paint that derelict as a victim of his various addictions.

If Comer does this properly, hopefully a private inquisition will be mostly available publicly via transcripts.

That's the scuttlebutt I've gathered, but I'm certainly not a lawyer.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 09:25:53 PM »
Yeah.  It's Lowell. 

The buzz I'm picking-up is that he has a strategy that heavily relies on situations involving HB's painting-sales.

-Derailing a public-hearing with the age-old 'What Is Art?' debate.