Author Topic: AOC tweets support for Goya boycott after CEO praises Trump  (Read 657 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
AOC tweets support for Goya boycott after CEO praises Trump
https://nypost.com/2020/07/10/aoc-tweets-support-for-goya-boycott-after-ceo-praises-trump/

Goya Foods faced swift backlash supported by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and other Latino leaders after CEO Robert Unanue praised President Trump on Thursday — but a defiant Unanue defended his free speech rights and refused to apologize.

“We’re all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder,” Unanue said at an event in the Rose Garden at the White House, where the president signed an executive order on the “White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative.”

Twitter exploded moments later, with users reminding Unanue of Trump’s history of controversial comments, such as calling some Mexican illegal immigrants “rapists” in 2015, and hardline policies toward illegal immigration from Mexico.

The left is now going after Goya because CEO Robert Unanue praised President Trump.  :panic:  :overreaction:  :mental:

But not all Latino public figures were on board.

“Creepy cancel culture will find #BoycottGoya difficult & not supported by most Latinos-certainly not many over 21. Company is intertwined in Hispanic life. In urging Latino unity, my dad used to say the only real difference between we hispanics was the color of our (Goya) beans,” tweeted TV personality Geraldo Rivera, whose father was Puerto Rican.

Unanue had also announced Thursday that the family-owned food giant was donating a million cans of chickpeas and another million pounds of food to help relieve shortages caused by the fast-spreading coronavirus pandemic.

Cancel culture at its worst.  :mental:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:04:49 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

Re: AOC tweets support for Goya boycott after CEO praises Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »
My guess is that millions of new customers will try Goya brand products in the coming days.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
My guess is that millions of new customers will try Goya brand products in the coming days.

I'm game
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 05:49:26 PM »
In urging Latino unity, my dad used to say the only real difference between we hispanics was the color of our (Goya) beans,” tweeted TV personality Geraldo Rivera, whose father was Puerto Rican.

What's he now? A gay caballero

As far a aoc goes she needs to be told to piss off.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »

Great call. My neighborhood is not very Hispanic, but my local store was completely out of Goya products tonight.  There was an area in that aisle where one would normally find them, and they were bare.

Nice boycott, Sandy!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender