Author Topic: DU Recipients of Social Security Fund Face Hefty Benefits Cut  (Read 1814 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: DU Recipients of Social Security Fund Face Hefty Benefits Cut
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
Gosh, that's awful, that means the one-third of the people who are on SSDI and are legitimately unable to work and get around will really be up against it, right along with the two-thirds that are useless free-loading bloodsuckers.

Hey DUmmies, that 'We paid for our benefits' stuff only applies to the old age part of SS, not the disability part (Yeah, I know it's actually more complex than than, but suffice to say virtually nobody on SSDI paid in anywhere near what they're going to collect out of it, unlike the age-based part).

Proglodytes prefer to divide the pie into thinner slices so that more people are dependent on the pie. They think they can then turn those numbers into voters who will demand more/bigger pies.

The bakers of the world are about to hand them a rude awakening.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 09:09:01 AM »

SammyWinstonJack (36,026 posts)
21. They don't give us anything...we EARNED it!, no matter how they try to say otherwise.

REP (19,734 posts)
20. We *are* entitled to that money - we paid into it for years and years

Just wait until your beloved undocumented (d)emocrats start sucking up even more of your "entitlement" next year.  Sorry suckers.  You had to stumble through life wasting every opportunity this country has to offer and bitching daily about people who are smarter, wealthier, far better looking and more ambitious than you.

All they have to do is show up at the border for their frEeShiT!!!!1111 (and your Social Security!   :yahoo:  )

Are you pissed?

Tough.  Die, hippies.  Die poor, alone and slowly, in tremendous pain because that, is exactly what you have done to this country.   :bird: :bird:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »

Just wait until your beloved undocumented (d)emocrats start sucking up even more of your "entitlement" next year.  Sorry suckers.  You had to stumble through life wasting every opportunity this country has to offer and bitching daily about people who are smarter, wealthier, far better looking and more ambitious than you.

All they have to do is show up at the border for their frEeShiT!!!!1111 (and your Social Security!   :yahoo:  )

Are you pissed?

Tough.  Die, hippies.  Die poor, alone and slowly, in tremendous pain because that, is exactly what you have done to this country.   :bird: :bird:

Our city just screwed over the city workers by voting to reduce the benefits of their pensions and health care.  Retirees are going to have a 314% increase in their medical premiums  :o

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 10:44:48 AM »
They are really fit to be tied that they have to pay back their student loans.

Well, as we all know, it's not "fair".
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »
Our city just screwed over the city workers by voting to reduce the benefits of their pensions and health care.  Retirees are going to have a 314% increase in their medical premiums  :o

Its sad, but the unions brought in on themselves. For decades they pushed to have the government agencies pay all or most of the pensions and often allowed for early retirement. Something has to give.

My city is facing the same thing, but they are talking about instituting a gas tax to offset the money spent on pensions. That won't go over well. Over 54% of the city budget goes to paying pensions just for firefighters and police, that doesn't include the pensions for other city workers.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »
Its sad, but the unions brought in on themselves. For decades they pushed to have the government agencies pay all or most of the pensions and often allowed for early retirement. Something has to give.

My city is facing the same thing, but they are talking about instituting a gas tax to offset the money spent on pensions. That won't go over well. Over 54% of the city budget goes to paying pensions just for firefighters and police, that doesn't include the pensions for other city workers.

They are telling the retirees that they won't be without medical insurance, they will get them on Medicare or an Obamacare plan.   :rotf:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »
They are telling the retirees that they won't be without medical insurance, they will get them on Medicare or an Obamacare plan.   :rotf:

Obama and the dems wanted to free people from their employer provided insurance. Well, pension plans sort of fall into that category. The law of unintended consequences bite their ass.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Mark Twain
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 05:54:20 AM »
Sorry but I think they are carrying the heavy load, you aren't doing anything.  They are the one's taking care of someone.  And how in the hell do you have student loans yet you can't use the correct word?  It's "Lose" or "Losing".   :rant:

Bhahahahhaha you think a DUmmy like that actually finished college? Possible but a long shot.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 06:34:48 AM »
Bhahahahhaha you think a DUmmy like that actually finished college? Possible but a long shot.

Hey now. Let's not be so harsh here, shall we? Those remedial classes are hard.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 08:31:12 AM »

On their knees, maybe . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »
DUmmies fascinate me with their lists of ailments and woes.  When they start typing them, one wonders how they can remember everything without using a 'cheat sheet.'

I'm 71, and my medications include a pill for hypothyroidism.  That's the whole list.  I don't think I would be accepted by the DUmmies.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, they have banned me twice, but not because of my good health.

This too shall pass.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:55 PM »
I noticed that too (along with lose vs. loose--jumps out every time).  We've seen this before, of course, with Stewert.  God only knows what happened to him.  How these people cannot think past square one is beyond me.

He has moved to East Peoria, joined a pool hall, and the family home is still up for sale.