Author Topic: first the bombers blow themselves up, now the bat boat sinks...  (Read 3554 times)

Offline sofa king

first the bombers blow themselves up, now the bat boat sinks...
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »
its a bad day in dummyland for protesters that intend harm.

apparently the japanese whalers had enough of the sea shepards ramming their ships and decided to return the favor. 

scratch one fancy bat boat...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7407219

cherokeeprogressive  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-06-10 03:08 PM
Original message
Wow. Two different perspectives on the sinking of the Ady Gil by Japanese whalers...

Sorry if these have been posted before. This could have been much worse than it actually was. All in all, I'm wondering why the Ady Gil never made any defensive movements.

While I support the anti-whaling efforts with my heart and my wallet, I am of the opinion sometimes that Paul Watson puts his people in harm's way a little too often, and a little too dramatically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_KnBKriGog&feature=play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbuq0YEIPNU&feature=play...

An OT Question for really smart DU'ers: How do you embed the Youtube player in a post?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: first the bombers blow themselves up, now the bat boat sinks...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:47:35 PM »
Fox News was saying something as I was on my way out the door about the Greenie Weenies boat getting turned to kindling.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:03:55 PM »
I'm guessing this:

sui generis  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jan-06-10 04:28 PM
Response to Original message
8. I am posting this again. **** the japanese whaling policy.
 And dear mod, you need to contact me and explain yourself.

Is for this:

Name removed (0 posts)      Wed Jan-06-10 03:22 PM
Response to Original message
3. Deleted message
 Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

I wonder if the DUmbf*** knows its a pizza for calling out a mod?  :evillaugh:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »
Scratch one bat boat! That was beautiful.
I've eaten whale in Japan. Believe it or not, it's very lean meat. All the fat must be on the outside of the critter.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 04:56:30 PM »
I wonder how many homeless people they could house and feed for one night for all the money they spent on that hi-tech boat.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
That wasn't that stupid waste of gene cells that had a TV show, was it?  The dude that was so radical that Greenpeace discharged him???

I hate that guy.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »
Funny stuff.

The hippies run home crying to krudd to dooooo somethinggggg when the Japanese turn the tables and throw the hippies tactics back at them.

Act like a pirate....

Oh - and it's fairly clear to me that the bat boat tried to cut over in front of the larger Japanese ship and either misjudged the speed or the ability (or willingness) of the larger underway vessel.

Something as maneuverable and fast as that bat boat couldn't have possibly been rammed by a much larger and clunkier ship unless it was doing something remarkably stupid and illegal.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
Me and my daughter LOVE Whale Wars.  The hippies are so stupid and can't do ANYTHING right!  It is one of the best comedies on TV.

The captain of the ship ... Paul Watson....what a dumb ass.  I can't believe the guy has a license to drive anything larger than a smart car.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
Me and my daughter LOVE Whale Wars.  The hippies are so stupid and can't do ANYTHING right!  It is one of the best comedies on TV.

The captain of the ship ... Paul Watson....what a dumb ass.  I can't believe the guy has a license to drive anything larger than a smart car.

KC

Yeah, THAT dude.  I have a friend who thinks he is great.  Ugh.  Fortunately she lives in Houston, so I don't see her much. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 07:01:01 PM »
Now the rabid left in this country are demanding that the Australian taxpayers replace the boat that was damaged.

PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd should cough up the $1.5 million needed to replace the anti-whaling ship Ady Gil, which was "rammed" by Japanese whalers, the Australian Greens said.

Source

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 07:04:09 PM »

KC

Me too. NPR favors the greenies; that just makes even funnier.

Offline skipuno

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »
I love the show whale wars. It shows the wackiness of the enviromental movement in all its glory. Its even funnier when you do some research on the international whaling commision. The IWC was formed to research whale populations and set quotas to prevent the over fishing. Membership in the IWC is completely voluntary and has no reglulatory power. Whaling is not illeagle in international waters. In the 1970s the IWC was taken over by enviromentalists, they allowed countries to join that had no interest in whaling in order to gain votes to impose a moritorium on whaling and establish a whale sactuary in the arctic ocean. The enviromentalist then got the US goverment to threaten to revoke Japaneise fishing rights in Alaskan waters if they pulled out of the IWC. So Japan used a loophole in the moritorium that allows whales to be taken for research purposes, painted the word research on their ships and continued whaling. So what you get is people chasing after whaling ships like Don Quixote shouting whaling is illeagle, because some commision corrupted by libralism say so, funny stuff.   
A goverment that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 10:48:25 PM »

KC

license?? You think he has a license? Isn't he a wanted man?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »
Saw this on Fox this morning....

What an idiot....put himself and the people on the boat...right in front of the Japanese whaler.

I'm surprised they weren't killed. All were rescued....I think by the Japanese whaler....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:07 PM »
Well, by the look of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/-dXCR9LX-Kc&hl=en_US&fs=1

It wasn't the Japanese ship that rammed, or otherwise struck the communists' boat, it was the communists' boat that, at the last minute, revved it's engines and rammed the Japanese ship.  Just watch carefully, right after the first big jolt in the camera's perspective, just before the communists' boat gets scrunched, the engines in the back of the communists' boat kick to life and start pushing out a lot of water.  The communists clearly had the final say-so over whether or not that collision occurred, and therefore it is they, not the Japanese, who are guilty of ramming another ship with their boat.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 01:16:58 AM »

They want these things to happen. They want the PR attention.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 04:43:36 AM »
I hope somebody got harpooned.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 05:19:21 AM »
I hope somebody got harpooned.

You need to elaborate--there's a difference between "harpooned" and "Harpooned." 

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
You need to elaborate--there's a difference between "harpooned" and "Harpooned." 

I like that option in the picture there lots.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 06:51:20 PM »
Man Bruce Waynes going to be pissed when he see's whats happened to his bat bat.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »
Why doesn't Capt Watson and his crew go after the Somali pirates ?   

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »
Why doesn't Capt Watson and his crew go after the Somali pirates ?   

Pirates fight back...

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »
I wonder how many homeless people they could house and feed for one night for all the money they spent on that hi-tech boat.

My thoughts also. Why do they need a boat like that, and how much money did they spend to run the damn thing? (fuel)

Oh......................**** em.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline terry

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 12:56:49 PM »

Whales and all animals are more important and valuable than people according to those who purchase the bat boat.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 02:11:34 PM »
Funny stuff.

The hippies run home crying to krudd to dooooo somethinggggg when the Japanese turn the tables and throw the hippies tactics back at them.

Act like a pirate....

Oh - and it's fairly clear to me that the bat boat tried to cut over in front of the larger Japanese ship and either misjudged the speed or the ability (or willingness) of the larger underway vessel.

Something as maneuverable and fast as that bat boat couldn't have possibly been rammed by a much larger and clunkier ship unless it was doing something remarkably stupid and illegal.

Yeah, I saw a short clip of it, I don't know enough maritime law to know for sure who had the actual right of way legally, but both ships appeared to be underway and in control, with the bat-boat apparently aiming to cut across the whaling picket's bow.  It's a really bad idea to try to bump something the size of a WWII destroyer or DE with a fiberglass toy.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.